Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby hui43210 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:41 pm

The twitter replies indicate its a cold, IE, don't worry too much about it. If it was mental illness, I doubt the fun promo twitter account would be making a silly tweet about it.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

Re: Evangelion's site and Facebook/Twitter covers updated with new images - First teases of Shin Eva

Postby one-eyed » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:34 pm

I really do not like Hideaki Anno. There were several moments when I really wanted to see him screw up himself and I even think he's a bipolar, but I have two good friends, father and son, who have depression and can barely get out of bed at the worst times. I pray a lot for their improvement and I cannot desire that suffering for anyone, even someone I do not like, it may sound weird, but I'm being honest.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:27 pm

View Original Postone-eyed wrote:I really do not like Hideaki Anno. There were several moments when I really wanted to see him screw up himself and I even think he's a bipolar.

This statement is begging the question, but fuck it, I'll ask anyway:

What the hell did Anno ever do to you that would make you want his mental health to decline?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:31 am

How can you really dislike somebody you don't know personally (and who really isn't that public other than stuff concerning his work)?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby one-eyed » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:17 am

Guy Nacks wrote: What the hell did Anno ever do to you that would make you want his mental health to decline?

Did you read what I wrote? I said just the opposite! I just do not like the guy and often get angry at him, but do not hate him, never send threatening letters or do graffiti in his studio as haters did in the past. I would never wish for him to have a decline in his physical or mental health. I just do not like him and am being honest about it. I never wrote, said or thought something about Anno that I could not tell looking his face.

kuribo-04 wrote: How can you really dislike somebody you don't know personally (and who really isn't that public other than stuff concerning his work)?

For the same reason I sometimes shout and swear at the judge in a soccer match! There's no difference! In both cases I do not know the person, but I feel dislike for something he did and only that. Maybe I should say that I do not like Anno as a moralist storyteller. I do not know anything about him, just some of his works and some interviews, but I must admit that I do not like the image I made of him from interviews.

DrthRvn
Embryo

Postby DrthRvn » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Well, that’s something

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:03 pm

It's a cut from Q, probably from the extras in the home video release.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Annos' cat Mighty Jack has passed away.

Speculate away what this key info means for the movie.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:06 am

RIP :(
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:23 am

;_;
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:30 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Speculate away what this key info means for the movie.

Pen Pen tombstone to appear in the background somewhere.

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby one-eyed » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:21 am

Cats and hedgehogs in real life,the reality is definitely much sweeter and unbelievable than fiction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnG0fC1E71M&t=153s
Last edited by one-eyed on Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:21 am

For whatever reason, I've been speculating about my cat's eventual death lately. She was a stray that my mom first found dying on the side of the road, so she decided to bring her in is she could "die comfortably." We ended up nursing her back to health, so I wound up adopting her before moving out. I always joke that I'm still making sure that she dies comfortably, but that it's taking longer than we expected. That was back in 2009, I think. Now the cat is about 9 years old, which isn't too terribly old in cat years. (Though, it is older than the survival of cats in the wild, so she's probably already lived longer than her parents did.) But it's old enough for me to be concerned about such things, even though it's possible for her to have a good 10 years left on her.

All that to say that reading up on Mighty Jack dying is a bit surreal for me at the moment. I feel sorry for Anno too, as I believe that he's still getting over his flu-like illness. This has not been a good month for the guy.

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby KRandMJ » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:16 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Now the cat is about 9 years old, which isn't too terribly old in cat years. (Though, it is older than the survival of cats in the wild, so she's probably already lived longer than her parents did.) But it's old enough for me to be concerned about such things, even though it's possible for her to have a good 10 years left on her.

Don't worry about it.
My little sharp-clawed-Jackass is 15, your cat has many years to ahead of it. ^_^ just get it checked on annually.
I had no clue Anno had a pet. Does he have any more?
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:10 am

Hopefully Mighty Jack lived a long, happy life full of love and passed peacefully.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

DrthRvn
Embryo

Postby DrthRvn » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:43 am

Google translate:

“[Please] I hear that "Eva!?" Whenever you mutter, that there is work ...

Please forgive me already.
Please.

Note: I do not know anything
Note 2: Even if there should be any chance, I can not absolutely say it until the ban is released and I will not say ... as you all know
Note 3: All inquiries to Khara

#Eva”

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:49 am

Sounds like she's just telling people she isn't allowed to say anything even if she does know something and that people should bug Khara instead. Probably getting lots of questions on twitter.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:28 am

The thirst for Eva is real.

ACGT-Samael
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby ACGT-Samael » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:43 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Sounds like she's just telling people she isn't allowed to say anything even if she does know something and that people should bug Khara instead. Probably getting lots of questions on twitter.

That's hardly surprising given that the entertainment industry in general, but especially in Japan, is very good tight lipped about projects in development and any word about them has to come from the higher ups. I doubt she actually knows anything, and even if she did blabbing would mean not just being fired but becoming a persona non grata.

That said, this thread has given me a decent amount of hope as I was starting to fear Final would simply be abandoned after Anno's breakdown. Shin Godzilla, if your high praise is all we have, let us not be without you.

Also, I hope people don't pester poor Ogata-San about that scene on Twitter...

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:41 am

Ogata's tweet is a bit strange considering she wrote this in October 2016

Megumi Ogata wrote:No, so… I think it’s kind of difficult to ask when it’s so soon…?

In that movie everyone’s been asking about, the engineers have really been squeezing the volume out of me… (^^; < Shinji’s shouting

But even still, discomfort is discomfort. What’s ok is everyone being satisfied with his heart, I think. Thank you for cheering me on. (^-^)

Yuko Miyamura (Asuka's VA) replied to that tweet

Yuko Miyamura wrote:No... Even if they ask when it's soon, it's not discomfort. There's nothing to feel uncomfortable about. From now on, please shout as much as you like ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Translations found here.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”