[Fic] Bardi's Works

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Re: [Fic] Bardi's Works

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:33 pm

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:^ Well, you write what you know. And, ah, well...let's just say I know. :wink:
I have to watch my wording on that subject or I might end up on the couch.
So yeah, thank you for the praise.

Haha for what it's worth a lot of my content of that type comes from... experience too :tongue:

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:17 pm

So, uh, I'm still not dead. Huzzah! And stuff.

I did a new thing, it's kinda hot (I think).
FFN posting
AO3 posting

Go take a look, might be worth your time.

music playlist used while writing this thing  SPOILER: Show
01. Aerosmith - What Kind of Love Are You On?
02. Auf der Maur - Lightning is My Girl
03. Billy Joel - I Go to Extremes
04. Bjork - Army of Me
05. Blue Oyster Cult - Shooting Shark
06. Catherine Wheel - Black Metallic
07. Collective Soul - Where the River Flows
08. Chris DeBurgh - The Lady in Red
09. Chris Isaak - Wicked Game
10. Clutch - Spacegrass
11. Coldplay - Violet Hill
12. Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
13. The Cure - Charlotte Sometimes
14. Danzig - Circle of Snakes
15. David Bowie - Hallo Spaceboy
16. The Dead Weather - Rolling in On a Burning Tire
17. Depeche Mode - It's No Good
18. The Donnas - Fall Behind Me
19. Dream Theater - Pull Me Under
20. Electric Six - Danger! High Voltage!
21. Faith No More - Ashes to Ashes
22. Fastball - The Way
23. Filter - The Inevitable Relapse
24. Front 242 - Headhunter
25. Fu Manchu - Mongoose
26. Garbage - Bad Boyfriend
27. Gary Numan and Tubeway Army - Down in the Park
28. Godflesh - Avalance Master Song
29. Godsmack - Voodoo
30. Gorillaz - Stylo
31. The Guess Who - No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature
32. Helmet - Milquetoast
33. Hole - Doll Parts
34. INXS - Guns in the Sky
35. Jane's Addiction - Just Because
36. Jawbox - Savory
37. Jimmy Eat World - Sweetness
38. John Cougar Mellencamp - Crumblin' Down
39. Joy Division - Shadowplay
40. Karen O - If You're Gonna Be Dumb (You've Gotta Be Tough)
41. kidneythieves - S+M (A Love Song)
42. The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It
43. Kittie - Cut Throat
44. KMFDM - Split
45. Kyuss - Thumb
46. L7 - Fuel My Fire
47. Lard - Forkboy
48. Mastodon - High Road
49. Megadeth - The Emperor
50. Meredith Brooks - What Would Happen?
51. Mike + The Mechanics - Silent Running
52. Ministry - Effigy (I'm Not an)
53. Muse - Madness
54. My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow
55. New Model Army - The Hunt
56. New Order - Temptation
57. nine inch nails - Less Than
58. Oasis - D'you Know What I Mean?
59. Pantera - Planet Caravan
60. Pearl Jam - You Are
61. Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
62. The Pogues - A Rainy Night in Soho
63. The Police - Walking On the Moon
64. The Prodigy - Voodoo People
65. Queens of the Stone Age - I Appear Missing
66. R.E.M. - These Days
67. Radiohead - There, There (the bony king of nowhere)
68. Robert Palmer - I Didn't Mean to Turn You On
69. The Rolling Stones - Doom and Gloom
70. Rush - Animate
71. Sepultura - Slave New World
72. Siouxsie and the Banshees - The Killing Jar
73. The Sisters of Mercy - First and Last and Always
74. Sleep - Dragonaut
75. The Smashing Pumpkins - Stand Inside Your Love
76. The Smiths - The Queen is Dead (Take Me Back to Dear Old Blighty)
77. Sonic Youth - Incinerate
78. Soundgarden - Birth Ritual
79. Stabbing Westward - Save Yourself
80. Stone Temple Pilots - Crackerman
81. Television - Marquee Moon
82. Tom Waites - Earth Died Screaming
83. U2 - Desire
84. VAST - Pretty When You Cry
85. The Velvet Underground - Venus in Furs
86. Was (Not Was) - Walk the Dinosaur
87. Ween - Right to the Ways and the Rules of the World
88. Weezer - No One Else
89. The White Stripes - Ball and Biscuit
90. The Who - Eminence Front
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:17 pm

Finally, after nearly three years on the back-burner, and for my thirtieth release, I thought I'd do something...a little out of the norm for me.

FFN posting
AO3 posting

Please take a look if you have the time, this one means a lot to me. Oh, and expect something else new in time for Valentine's Day.

music playlist used for writing this thing  SPOILER: Show
Not a playlist per se. Just the albums Bad Moon Rising, EVOL, Sister and Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth played in order and on repeat quite a few times.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:55 am

Just wanted to say that I had been reading your works really and I really enjoy them :D
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:27 pm

Thanks silver. As I said before in this thread, don't expect much from the pre-2010 stuff: those first four stories are unimpressive (though Somewhere Out There and I Won't Let You Fall Apart are tied to sequels that are much better).

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:46 pm

Congrats on the thirty. ^_^
Admittedly haven't read much in general the last few years, so I missed a few, but I did check out the latest one. Not too familiar with the movie aside from the name and some odd scenes, so can't really comment in that regard, but quite liked it overall. Granted, some visions being from what we know is "real" made it a bit less vague than it maybe could have been, though others (especially the "kidnapping") got me for a bit. And it was nice to see Asuka also retaining her memories, rather than him just meeting a fist again upon waking up. :D

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:02 pm

Well, actually...
SPOILER: Show
Only Kaworu, what Shinji saw at the karaoke bar/later that night in the bedroom and what he saw when leaving Misato's were "real" (though I would say that the head thing with Nagisa was more of a callback to 3.0): the ghost-Asuka that kicked the shit out of him was a direct reference to RE-TAKE (which I still admire for its ambition for a doujin, though I find lacking everywhere else nowadays), and the kidnapping scene was more-or-less an adaption of a similar scene/hallucination from Jacob's Ladder (it was a mental hospital there, though).

Glad you liked it, man. I was aiming to make something special, a little familiar and a little uncharted territory for me.

View Original PostJimmyWolk wrote:Admittedly haven't read much in general the last few years, so I missed a few

I suppose I could direct you to go have a look here if you feel like it (they're also on FFN in three parts, with the first two combined on AO3). They're kinda recent (if you count three parts a year apart each recent) and it nicely treads the line between romantic and erotic.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:27 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:Thanks silver. As I said before in this thread, don't expect much from the pre-2010 stuff: those first four stories are unimpressive (though Somewhere Out There and I Won't Let You Fall Apart are tied to sequels that are much better).

From one fanfiction to another I understand your thoughts there I think we all look at our older works with a certain amount of dislike or feel we could have done way better but I do really enjoy reading peoples works from the start as you get to see how they improve, change and grow ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:49 am

^ I see what you're saying, silver. I just wish I'd started stronger, y'know?

Anyway, as promised, I've got something new up for Valentine's Day (not actually linked to the holiday, unlike Alone With You, but thematically fitting).

FFN posting
AO3 posting

Go have a look if you like. Should have at least one more (maybe two) done before the end of the month.

music playlist used for writing this thing  SPOILER: Show
My Bloody Valentine's Loveless played about six or seven times sequentially. Hey, I've said it before: I adore this album infinitely.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:35 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:^ I see what you're saying, silver. I just wish I'd started stronger, y'know?

Did you do one of those bad things where you just went the crowd or thought some issue was kind of funny at the time but then you grew up and realized it kind of wasn't? As I think everyone has these slips up in writing ^_^

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:58 pm

That was a cute one. ^_^
And don't worry, I'll manage to give the others a look too... eventually... I hope... -o-;

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon May 11, 2020 6:39 pm

I don't have an excuse not to get at least some stuff done, what with all the time freed up lately.

Here's the first, The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret:
FFN
AO3

-music used during the writing of this story:
R.E.M.'s "Country Feedback" on a constant loop. It's crazy what you could have had... (Contrary to its title, no QotSA was used in the making of this fic.)

Thanks in advance for reading. Hope you're all staying safe, sane and healthy these days.

sephiroth2004
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby sephiroth2004 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:08 am

Thanks Bardi. Another solid story from you to add to my bookmarks.

Return to “Fanfiction”