“Do you love me” Theory - Asuka & Shinji Had Sex in Episode 15

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: “Do you love me” Theory - Asuka & Shinji Had Sex in Episode 15

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Freaky's Asphyxiation theory: I'm not sure if this is simply a joke that you're simply carrying through the thread, or if you're actually serious about this
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Seriously, I see the asphyxiation theory to be about as plausible as the initial sex theory.

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby VUX » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Why would they even do that, i thought they hate each other
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:31 pm

Love, lust and hate are not mutually exclusive, though - it's far more complicated than that.

Not that I see any reason to suppose that the two of them actually did have sex in the show; but some people a lot younger than me seem to feel that it's something that should be shoehorned into any fictional relationship.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:43 pm

^ “You want to **** 2B, don’t you?” is a great line from the video game NieR: Automata that hints at the complexity that you’re talking about.

NieR: Automata  SPOILER: Show
“ **** ” can be rendered as either “fuck” or “kill” in the context of the game. I would consider the term to mean both/and, not either/or.

anonymaus
Lilith

Postby anonymaus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:56 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Love, lust and hate are not mutually exclusive, though - it's far more complicated than that.

Not that I see any reason to suppose that the two of them actually did have sex in the show; but some people a lot younger than me seem to feel that it's something that should be shoehorned into any fictional relationship.

There are literal pages of evidence for you to respond to. If you're not going to respond to any of it, but you still disagree, you shouldn't be accusing anyone else of 'shoehorning'.

Why is this standard Evageeks fare? Everyone views everything in this 'political' way: I don't like this theory, it goes against my wishes, so the evidence doesn't matter and it's wrong.

I've noticed no one wants to talk about anything on Evageeks besides surface level pseudo-analysis, what Eva means 'to them', etc. Is this not a website that was once used for figuring out the objective facts of Eva? What happened between now and then?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:07 pm

The trouble is that there are not necessarily "objective facts" everywhere that you'd like. And opinions are opinions, yours and mine alike. As for suggesting I pick your posts apart - well, sorry, I can't be bothered. Instead of saying I am not convinced by your conclusion, is it really helpful to say that I am not convinced by specific parts of the argument?

In any case, I'm not saying you're wrong - I'm saying I'm not convinced, not least because it doesn't seem necessary to the overall sweep of the show (and the overall structure can be seen as being as important as fiddly details, I'd say). Also, in this show I go more with feelings than logic; and to me, the masturbation scene simply doesn't feel like something Shinji would do if they'd had sex previously.

(The comment on shoehorning was as much a comment on my experience on other forums as on anything here.)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

anonymaus
Lilith

Postby anonymaus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:17 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:The trouble is that there are not necessarily "objective facts" everywhere that you'd like.

Sure, we can still make our best guess. You aren't unique for pointing out that no one really can know anything. Every teenager goes through a solipsist phase. It's all about degrees of probability.

As for suggesting I pick your posts apart - well, sorry, I can't be bothered. Instead of saying I am not convinced by your conclusion, is it really helpful to say that I am not convinced by specific parts of the argument?

Then sorry, but no one else can be bothered to take what you're saying seriously. You can't dismiss a wall of facts with "I just don't like the conclusion and I can't accept it." That's like some kind of global warming denial shit.

In any case, I'm not saying you're wrong - I'm saying I'm not convinced, not least because it doesn't seem necessary to the overall sweep of the show (and the overall structure can be seen as being as important as fiddly details, I'd say).

I don't care about subjective criticisms of the idea of them having had sex (as a narrative choice,) I care about whether or not it happened and the evidence indicates that it did.

Also, in this show I go more with feelings than logic; and to me, the masturbation scene simply doesn't feel like something Shinji would do if they'd had sex previously.

It actually makes more sense if they had sex, for him to have become reliant on it as a stress outlet. And for the idea to even enter his mind.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:38 pm

View Original Postanonymaus wrote:Then sorry, but no one else can be bothered to take what you're saying seriously.

You speak for them all, now?

You can't dismiss a wall of facts opinions with "I just don't like the conclusion and I can't accept it."

The facts are as maybe; I disagree with your opinion as to what they signify.

It actually makes more sense if they had sex, for him to have become reliant on it as a stress outlet. And for the idea to even enter his mind.

Then we simply disagree; and I dare say that others will be divided over that. (Also, you are stating your opinion in the manner of a fact - you think it actually makes more sense, but I don't.)

anonymaus
Lilith

Postby anonymaus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:45 pm

I'm not going to further derail the thread arguing about literally nothing, pick a point of evidence you want to dispute if you want to discuss further.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Updating this thread with a new point of interest

Based on the contents of "Everything You've Ever Dreamed," it seems like these desires of erotic asphyxiation settled themselves DEEP within the psyche of the couple.

Do you think you'd find revenge so sweet
Make it so you hearts will never beat
Squeeze the very last and dying breath from
Everything you've ever dreamed

We know this is the important apart of the song because it leads right into the song's title. Such a powerful moment.

I should re-experience Eva in one fell swoop all over again. I should marathon NGE, NTE, read the manga, and listen to the S2 Works in the span of a week or so. There's a lot more that can point to the intensity of Asuka and Shinji's erotic asphyxiation that we've yet to uncover.

anonymaus
Lilith

Postby anonymaus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:55 pm

Hey dude, are you underage? Are you wanting attention? What causes you to behave this way?

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:21 pm

So, I saw earlier today that this thread had been updated, but couldn't peruse it until now because of the general business of my day.

...uh, wow. This thread really got sabotaged, didn't it?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:50 pm

I’m just trying to understand Evangelion more. Isn’t that why we’re all here on EvaGeeks? This is why we study it, and not rest until we’ve turned over every stone and explored every possibility. We can’t just talk about our theories in some vague fashion. We need details. We need specifics. We need to know what kind of sex and why. We need to know where Shinji’s hands were.

It’s important too, in all of this, that we need to remember that Shinji is Anno’s self-insert. I wonder if this could also give us insight on Anno’s thoughts on sexual relations during this period of his life.

EDIT: I fail to see how this thread has been sabotaged. We’ve already established that Asuka and Shinji might have had sex, so it’s only natural to ask from there what kind of sex they might have been. And, there seems to be a lot of strangulation and suffocation motifs that are exclusive to those two characters.

I mean, it might deserve a separate thread probably. That could make sense, I guess. But I don’t see how this isn’t a natural progression of this thread’s premise.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:20 pm

Thread locked for now to prevent the accumulation of further damages while waiting for additional staff input on handling this matter.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:10 pm

I have become additional staff.

Thread stays locked.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby BernardoCairo » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:20 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, take a deep look at Freaky's huge character development here... XD
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”