Peoples reactions to Nge foreshadowing Eoe deaths

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ReiIsTopTierWaifu
Embryo

Peoples reactions to Nge foreshadowing Eoe deaths

•      
  •      

Postby ReiIsTopTierWaifu » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:44 pm

SPOILER: Show
So you know how in NGE, in either episode 25 or 26 there was the shot of Misato and Ritsuko deaths, Misato collpased by the elevator, and Ritsukos body floating in the water with a blood stained lab coat, what do you think peoples reactions were to seeing their deaths and wondering how the hell they died, and having to wait an exact year after the final episode to see their deaths, also it kind of sucks that the show spoils itself since you already know that they're going to die in the movie, do you think people were annyoed seeing that, as well as the scrapped episode 25 and 26 preview episodes, and having to wait till Eoe to see the actual finished animations and context to them
Rei is the most beautiful cupcake in all of anime, I wish I could unwrap her and eat her, indulging in her perfect white cream

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Peoples reactions to Nge foreshadowing Eoe deaths

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:31 am

From context it seemed obvious that what played out was

Gendo: You know that thing we've spent all this time trying to prevent. Well, I'm off to start my own version of it.
Misato & Ritsuko: Over our dead bodies.
Gendou: Always happy to oblige a lady. ... Rei, it is time.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:27 am

View Original PostReiIsTopTierWaifu wrote:So you know how in NGE, in either episode 25 or 26 there was the shot of Misato and Ritsuko deaths, Misato collpased by the elevator, and Ritsukos body floating in the water with a blood stained lab coat, what do you think peoples reactions were to seeing their deaths and wondering how the hell they died, and having to wait an exact year after the final episode to see their deaths, also it kind of sucks that the show spoils itself since you already know that they're going to die in the movie, do you think people were annyoed seeing that, as well as the scrapped episode 25 and 26 preview episodes, and having to wait till Eoe to see the actual finished animations and context to them

I have just watched the entirety of NGE with a friend of mine who has never seen it the other day, and he didnt even realise that the scenes were spoilers for EoE until seconds before they happened. Granted, it was 4am and we have been bingewatching for the last 11 hours, but the point still stands.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

ReiIsTopTierWaifu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ReiIsTopTierWaifu » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:46 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I have just watched the entirety of NGE with a friend of mine who has never seen it the other day, and he didnt even realise that the scenes were spoilers for EoE until seconds before they happened. Granted, it was 4am and we have been bingewatching for the last 11 hours, but the point still stands.

I would be lying if I said I didn't think the same, when I first saw their deaths in NGE, but I thought it was just Shinji's mind acting up and making false memories, then I watched eoe,
SPOILER: Show
Misato's death didn't catch my eye as being the scene in nge, mainly because I'm an idiot and forgot the scene with her and Ritsuko's deaths, but when I saw Gendo shoot Ritsuko, that's when I remembered the actual scene from nge, and her body floating
Rei is the most beautiful cupcake in all of anime, I wish I could unwrap her and eat her, indulging in her perfect white cream

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”