[Fic] Amarantos

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: [Fic] Amarantos

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:15 pm

Been working - and reworking - this to death for a little while now. Just put the first chapter up on FFN.

Amarantos
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

RadicalRandy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:54 am

I just read it what you got posted. Great stuff, makes me feel sad in the classic Evangelion way. Can't wait to see what happens when Asuka and Shinji finally see each other again.
"Thunder Cross Split Attack!" - Dire
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Shmango Fett

https://www.fanfiction.net/~misterradical

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:57 am

I should really get around to updating the chapters on here, since they're pretty... unpolished, compared to the newer chapters I have.

I'll do it eventually. Maybe.

Thanks for reading, though! I'm actually kind of dreading writing from where canon takes off. But... it should be fine.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

Geometer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Geometer » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Damn, hopefully things will look better when he gets back to good ol Tokyo-3, and I'm also looking forward to see how interacting with Rei at an earlier age will turn out. Good work so far.

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:35 am

Thanks Geo. Shinji and Rei being around one another for a year or two earlier than canon is something I'm not really sure how to handle. I mean, I've never had a particularly good grasp of Rei's character. I know she can be emotive, especially the longer she's around someone and if there's an attachment, but like, I don't want to accidentally end up writing poka Rei from Rebuild 2.0, you know?

Geometer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Geometer » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:52 pm

View Original PostGlor wrote:Thanks Geo. Shinji and Rei being around one another for a year or two earlier than canon is something I'm not really sure how to handle. I mean, I've never had a particularly good grasp of Rei's character. I know she can be emotive, especially the longer she's around someone and if there's an attachment, but like, I don't want to accidentally end up writing poka Rei from Rebuild 2.0, you know?

I'd imagine she would probably grow attached to Shinji over the year to or two, depending on how Shinji acts, but she would have difficulty in expressing it or with communication. Also, I'm getting the vibe that Gendo is just a wee bit more humane this time. So maybe Rei's upbringing isn't quite as terrible in cannon? It seems like Gendo is actually trying to do good this time, unless if I'm reading it wrong.

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:29 pm

View Original PostGeometer wrote:Also, I'm getting the vibe that Gendo is just a wee bit more humane this time. So maybe Rei's upbringing isn't quite as terrible in cannon? It seems like Gendo is actually trying to do good this time, unless if I'm reading it wrong.

Yeah, in my attempt to put him in a relatable light, I guess, I actually ended up softening his character, which wasn't what I wanted to do. I think the revised chapter on FFN does a better job of framing his character. He's a... emotionally reserved person, but he's not unfeeling, you know? Admittedly, this rendition of Gendo still isn't as detached as his canon counterpart.

Even in Canon, Gendo sent Shinji away because he was convinced Shinji only got hurt whenever he was around him. But it was also a selfish decision. Gendo was running away from the trials of raising a child on his own. So Rei's upbringing may be largely the same, but Shinji's early presence in Tokyo-3 will probably change her standard of living, I guess.

Geometer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Geometer » Thu May 11, 2017 10:05 am

Been reading this on FF.net, you've made some good improvements and looking forward to seeing how Shinji will live now that is (mostly) on his own and for his eventually reunion with Asuka. Also hoping he builds a better relation with Misato and Rei.

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Hey there. Forgot to bump this for those of you who don't check FFN very often. First chapter of Act II is up. On my phone, so lazy url is lazy. https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12332555/11/Amarantos

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:58 pm

Looks like OP stopped updating on evageeks but they just put out another chapter recently. It's a good read overall :D

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:38 pm

Has it really taken me 2 years to write 4 chapters? Oh no. I want to be free already.

ShinjiStranglesAsuka wrote:It's a good read overall :D

Well, ain't that just a fine thing to say - I tell ya whut.

Return to “Fanfiction”