Movies [Death, Death(true), Death(true)²]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
shito
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby shito » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:43 pm

I like that they use my favorite Eva BGM in Rebirth once more (Infantile dependence, adult dependency) in the scene Misato explains everything to Shinji in the car, they used a different one in Air, or completely removed any BGM, can't remember.
death and

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:01 pm

View Original Postshito wrote:I like that they use my favorite Eva BGM in Rebirth once more (Infantile dependence, adult dependency) in the scene Misato explains everything to Shinji in the car, they used a different one in Air, or completely removed any BGM, can't remember.
The scene in EoE only has some weird metal pipe clanging.

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:30 pm

Alright. So I ran into a lot of unusual problems with the second movie, timing problems, weird ones. I'll set the end frame of text and when I comeback to it it's ether a frame ahead or behind of where I left it, and in a movie where the end of the frame matters more than most other movies it's very irritating.
I guess it's because the file runs at 23 frames per second and it seems like the program edits at 24 frames. It's weird because I had no problems with Air and that's running at 23fps, too.

Anyway, KB, it's taking me a while to get 10gigs free on my HD, I don't want to run a torrent from an external drive.
Not who you think I am.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:21 pm

What script you using, brah? A2000A or Zerathim's?

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:36 pm

View Original Postberto wrote:Anyway, KB, it's taking me a while to get 10gigs free on my HD, I don't want to run a torrent from an external drive.

I run all my torrents from an external HD XD
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:51 pm

I made my own with help from a couple of diferent sources as aid.

I made it myself trough Aegisubs because I wanted to get fancy wuth the onscreen text.
Last edited by berto on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not who you think I am.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:55 pm

View Original Postberto wrote:Lot's of stuff.

Wrote your own.. I see. You should try encoding the raw isos into mp4s with Handbrake and then muxing the subs in with MKVToolnix. It would be much higher quality than hardsubbed .avis, but if you don't have the space, I guess .avis are better.

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:01 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:Wrote your own.. I see. You should try encoding the raw isos into mp4s with Handbrake and then muxing the subs in with MKVToolnix. It would be much higher quality than hardsubbed .avis, but if you don't have the space, I guess .avis are better.

Well, I make them in .avis because I watch most of my movies off of my PS3. I usually go out of my way to make it .avi bacause my computers got a pretty meh set up and I just get more comfortable sitting infront of the tv.

I've nevery tried Handbrake, I I know mp4's work fine on the PS3 if it's the right codec, it's not that I'm fond of .avi or that I'm low on space (well, kinda am). I'll give it a try and see how it works.
Not who you think I am.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:06 pm

-
Last edited by Clover on Sat May 02, 2015 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:45 pm

Actually all those programs are nothing more than huge GUIs for other programs (usually ffmpeg and other dozens of programs and you'll have reduced access to the programs that they're using); they could be good for newbies, but one should stop using them before or later...
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:40 pm

Ok, then what programs do you recomend? Is this ffmpeg a program?
Not who you think I am.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:55 am

Yes, it's a program but actually I don't use it that much; mine was only a suggestion, if you check the installation directory and the functioning of those programs (for example Xvid4PSP is similar as well) you'll notice the programs that they use and you could start trying to use them directly, this is how I stopped using Xvid4PSP and similar programs, right now I only use MeGUI to automatise the CLI of x264.
BTW at what resolution did you capture the video? If it's 720x480 you could encode it with x264 (using MeGui for example) and distribute it as mkv while you could convert it with MultiAVCHD to watch it on your PS3.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:22 am

right.

well it is 720x480 but everything you said after that went way above my head.
Not who you think I am.

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:56 pm

I finally got in the "Death and Rebirth" DVD (GDVD-008) in my mailbox from the proxy service today, here's the basic stats:

Video: 4:3 letterbox (non-anamorphic) @ ~7mbps
Audio: Japanese Dolby 2.0 @ 192kbps
Extras: 2 trailers and 4 TV spots (all appended to end of main program with separate chapter stops) with cast and staff lists accessible via menu.

Movie size: 6.06 GB

And yes, it contains the original Rebirth! Checked it versus the EvaWiki's "Rebirth vs Episode 25'" list of things to look for, matches perfectly.

Video quality is unspectacular, which is to be expected. Death doesn't look nearly as good as the Renewal version due to lack of resolution, dot crawl, rainbowing, and other similar problems; obviously I can't do an apples-to-apples comparison for Rebirth. Still, it's a nice piece of history to have an untouched version of Rebirth in the most convenient format available.

I also received the LD movie boxset set this week, but my LD player doesn't arrive until tomorrow so I can't do a comparison yet.

HARVEST
Adam

Re: Movies [Death, Death(true), Death(true)²]

•      
  •      

Postby HARVEST » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:52 am

Both the theatrical Death and the original Rebirth are included in the Blu-ray which was released around three years ago.
The quest for the original Death, one of the most elusive pieces of Evangelion media is over.

The Blu-ray included:
The TV series
Director's Cuts
Genesis versions of 25' and 26'
Death and Rebirth (original versions for both)
Revival of Evangelion (Death (true)² + The End of Evangelion)
And tons of bonus features while all of the episodes and movies are newly remastered.

And we also have the Archives of Evangelion DVD box sets, which present all 26 episodes as they originally aired in Japan, some elusive bonus features not on the Blu-ray, and the WOWOW broadcast of Revival of Evangelion, which included Death(true) and Rebirth.

And even better, these box sets have matching designs with each other, so they look great next to each other.
And with these box sets combined, one can possibly have the most complete Neon Genesis Evangelion home video collection with the least releases.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:06 am

View Original PostHARVEST wrote:And with these box sets combined, one can possibly have the most complete Neon Genesis Evangelion home video collection with the least releases.

The one thing missing that I'm aware of is the Reiquarium scene with the added background images; those are to this day only on the pre-renewal/platinum DVDs of the DC.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:51 am

Not just those images, but anything that's specific to the original edits of the DC episodes. The removal of the Reiquarium pics wasn't the only change made to them during the remastering process. Ath's guides would provide a more thorough rundown of the visual differences.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:20 am

I managed to find those episodes on DVD. The next time I watch through NGE, I might watch it with those episodes instead.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:22 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Not just those images, but anything that's specific to the original edits of the DC episodes. The removal of the Reiquarium pics wasn't the only change made to them during the remastering process. Ath's guides would provide a more thorough rundown of the visual differences.

Where would that list be located?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

CSManiac33
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CSManiac33 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:53 pm

HARVEST wrote:And with these box sets combined, one can possibly have the most complete Neon Genesis Evangelion home video collection with the least releases.

The only things missing from between the Blu-ray/Archive Sets is the Mangle Entertainment version of Death and Rebirth where Rebirth became a cut down version of 25' and the Pre-Renewal/Platinum versions of the DC/NPC/Prime Versions of Episodes 21 to 24.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”