[Merch] Eva-01 Model Kit

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Skerium
Embryo

[Merch] Eva-01 Model Kit

•      
  •      

Postby Skerium » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:56 am

Hi everyone!

After consuming so much evangelion, i decided that i needed a model kit of unit-01, and after looking through all of them and a couple of reviews, I'm stuck between the Old '90s Bandai kit, or the new RoE one.

I don't really like the Kotobukiya kits. :|

Which one should I get? Thanks!

ArvisTaljik
Adam

Re: Eva-01 Model Kit

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:42 am

I just got a couple of the Koto kits and the ONLY thing I'm not a fan of is the smaller size considering they're about the same price as the Bandai ones.

My personal recommendation would be to get one of the RoE Bandai kits of Eva 01. Just understand that there's three versions:

Eva 01 from 1.0
Eva 01 from 2.0
Eva 01 "Awakening Version" from 2.0

There are slight differences in the three kits, namely in the redesign of the torso armor between 1.0 and 2.0 and the alternate stuff that comes with the "Awakening Version" kit along with all the green be made red/orange to reflect the movie. I'd take a look at all three and decide which one you like best.
peace: /piːs/
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

Skerium
Embryo

Re: Eva-01 Model Kit

•      
  •      

Postby Skerium » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:59 pm

Thanks for replying! I've been looking between the 1.0 and the 2.0 and damn does that holographic AT Field look good. but i also kinda like the minigun so

And that's kinda what throws me off about the koto kits, they're really small! And i just like the wider chest from the bandai kits better. :um:
But are they good? I've heard they have very good poseability.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”