[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:26 pm

Yeah, but the battleships are just Wille's armada (We even see them firing on the Mark.09 when it attacks, so they're active). It's possible that there's a large swathe of civilians with them though; like, the crew's family, partners, friends, etcetera.

Who knows...

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:11 pm

I don't get how I missed this thread earlier.

As far as the battleships go, I would agree; it wouldn't be that odd if the families of the military were there.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:30 pm

I think the Wunder fleet would be the last place to put the crews' families : judging by Ritsuko's suggestion to flee the Nemesis Series, it's sorta implied that the fleet is often engaged in fights against Gendo's killer robots, not really a safe place to put the families.

I think the families and the bulk of the civilian population is in "Lilin City", the place where the Lilin are that Asuka mentions at the end of 3.0.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:32 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I think the families and the bulk of the civilian population is in "Lilin City", the place where the Lilin are Asuka mentions at the end of 3.0.

Hopefully, we'll get some information about this in the FINAL trailer.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:12 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:It's no worse than Type D from Magmadiver...

I'm reviving this ancient thread only to point out that this person was one of the first Q defenders/appreciaters (in all of these threads first pages), and I respect them for that.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: [SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Thanks for bringing this thread back, kuribo. It makes me wonder whether some of these "leaks" were real, seeing as how the majority of them got both the 14 year gap and Kaworu's sacrifice right. I wonder if some of this other reoccurring stuff (Asuka being an Angel, Shinji and Rei separated on the moon by SEELE) was real at one point, or maybe still is, and will be revealed in 1.0+3.0. If Asuka IS an Angel, it makes sense that the system defending Unit 01 attacked her, and it would make sense for SEELE to separate Rei and Shinji. Perhaps that's why Unit 01 was launched into space in the first place, so that SEELE could separate Rei and Shinji at the same base on the moon where Unit 06 was built.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Re:

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:02 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I'm reviving this ancient thread only to point out that this person was one of the first Q defenders/appreciaters (in all of these threads first pages), and I respect them for that.

Ironically, as I recall I think he disliked the movie when he actually saw it and hasn't posted since, but I could be wrong about that.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Re:

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:13 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I'm reviving this ancient thread only to point out that this person was one of the first Q defenders/appreciaters (in all of these threads first pages), and I respect them for that.

My own endorsement came pages earlier and has remained constant to the present day. :emogendo:

@Adam Malkobitch: Guessing that Kaworu will die via some form of self-sacrifice is about as much of an achievement as guessing that Shinji will get depressed at some point or that at least one Eva will lose an arm/leg/head or that Gendo and Fuyutsuki will say vague and mysterious things. Sure, MAYBE it could not happen, but what are the odds really? Looking through the thread, it seems that some people were able to guess a timeskip would happen by identifying the mysterious brunette in the trailers with Toji's little sister.

The only leaks that were real are those that actually resemble the finished movie. No reason I can see to think the rest are anything but trolling.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:19 pm

Not that I plan to be around this forum for the spoiler minefield that FINAL will cause, but it should be remembered by all that the first plot details that are reported back from Japan on 2ch or whatever will be at least 30% made-up bullshit, as demonstrated 5 years ago.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:17 pm

So since this seems like the place to talk about it.

Mustacioedcat on Reddit told me about the (possible) 2Ch leaks for Final. I take it they're unverified?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:43 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Mustacioedcat on Reddit told me about the (possible) 2Ch leaks for Final. I take it they're unverified?

This is the guy who posted some of the most transparently fake "translations" of a Japanese script you could ever possibly find (psst: they actually use a format completely different from English-language ones) while saying he got it off 2ch. "Unverified" is a... kind way to put it.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:05 am

I figured something was up. The Bomb collar again I could buy. But 'injecting Shinji with nanites'?

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:48 am

Ironically, as I recall I think he disliked the movie when he actually saw it and hasn't posted since, but I could be wrong about that.

What a twist :lol:

@Reichu: Sorry I missed that haha

@adammalkobitch:
I wonder how secure khara is, but I'd say the leaks probably aren't real. But who knows?
With how long we've been waiting for this film, so many things could have changed. :P
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:30 am

The material in the first couple of pages was drawn from 2ch in the hours after the first screening of Q; there was a lot of signal, but also a lot of dedicated trolling, too.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”