Dreams about Evangelion...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

SuperUltraMecha
Embryo

Re: Dreams about Evangelion...

•      
  •      

Postby SuperUltraMecha » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:01 pm

There was one dream that I had a while back after rewatching EOE, it takes place immediately after the events of the movie where Shinji after hearing Asuka say her infamous line freaks out, getting off of her while she gets up and says: "Stupid Shinji, I'll never let someone like you kill me."
That's all I remember...

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:27 pm

*Just gonna post this little dream I had that's been itching at me to say out loud and then I will be on my way :tongue: *

Had a dream a couple days ago in which Shinji took over Unit 01 and was about to detonate the MAGI much like Ritsuko would've done EoE style. He even said and I quote, "A loving son's request. Mother, let's finish it together." And then of course, the MAGI doesn't blow up because of Casper-3 rejecting the order and Shinji having a fit screaming, "MOTHER, HOW COULD YOU CHOOSE YOUR LOVER OVER ME?!" I don't think I got to the point whether if Gendo shot his own son afterwards since I woke up shortly. Hell of a dream, eh?
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:13 am

I had a dream that Shinji was out in some bizarre Chinese theme park with Gendo and Yui. Everything seemed fairly...normal (aside from the physics-defying nature of the park's geometry) and there was a particularly amusing interlude where Shinji decided to have a go on what looked like a pretty cool arcade game...which was actually just a shitty flash game bundled into a needlessly complex and oversized cabinet. IIRC the words "Well this sucks" were uttered.

SPOILER: Show
...And then his parents started molesting him for some reason. God fucking damnit subconscious mind.

There was another bit where Shinji, Rei, Asuka, Touji, Kensuke and Hikari were playing some totally ludicrous game involving trying to get up a hill without getting knocked down by hay bales, which were rapidly (and infinitely) tumbling down the hill ala Donkey Kong. Then some farmers came along and banned the activity due to it being a waste of hay bales...so the kids constructed a WW2 styled bomber in retaliation.

I don't know if there's any dream analysts on this forum, but I have a feeling the conclusion would just be "Totally off his rocker".
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

000TragicSolitude000
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby 000TragicSolitude000 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:03 pm

I dreamed about wandering alone through the devastated world in 3.33, but snowy (like in 'Until You Come To Me'). I don't even know how long it lasted. Along the way, I saw brief glimpses of Rei, who would then disappear. I saw multiple MP-Evas and another unit that I can't recall all laying at random places, looking damaged and cut up. It ended.

There was also one where I adopted Pen Pen.

vvexpyke
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby vvexpyke » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:06 pm

had a dream last night where everything was the same except the Evas were huge recreations of characters from King of the Hill

RadicalRandy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:07 am

View Original Postvvexpyke wrote:had a dream last night where everything was the same except the Evas were huge recreations of characters from King of the Hill

Got-dangit Shinji!
"Thunder Cross Split Attack!" - Dire
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Shmango Fett

https://www.fanfiction.net/~misterradical

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:58 am

So was it more of a 'BWAAAH!' dream or a 'Macdaddy of Heimlich Country' dream?
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:18 pm

Last night, I had a dream that I was at someone's place and Evangelion 3.33 was on. The scenes were played out a bit differently though. Not sure how to explain it, but let's say it was different.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

The Divine Emperor
Embryo
Location: A wild weird clime that lieth, sublime, out of Space, out of Time

•      
  •      

Postby The Divine Emperor » Mon May 15, 2017 12:11 pm

I have had two to my memory, both quite vivid. One involved a blue-armored Eva with a pair of prehensile, multi-plated appendages attached to the back of its head (rather like braids); after it consumed an Angel's S2 engine, these coiled up above its head, forming a glowing azure halo due to an energy field suspended between the two.

The other consisted mainly of Asuka's experiences in an early-twentieth-century New England sanatorium. I suppressed most of my memories of that one.
We lie to ourselves every day, we know it, and we can’t do anything about it. We get along with other people by humoring their delusions. When we don’t, they hate us, and we are alone.

...Wendy Smith

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri May 19, 2017 2:27 am

Had a weird one last night, even had its own soundtrack. (Firebird Suite, which I only know of because it's used at the opening/intro track for a Yes concert I've been listening to)

So Asuka/Shinji/Rei were in this giant underground chamber but for some reason had to split up. Asuka went one way and I think had to pilot and Shinji/Rei went the other. Around the time Asuka/Shinji confessed their feelings for one another (It's me, of course they did :tongue: )

Most of it seemed to center around Asuka having to fight off some sort of creatures as hell was breaking lose around her. Whilst Shinji/Rei had to work in another cave system luring this giant creature around to a series of rocks that it'd destroy. Once all of them were gone it released a large quantity of LCL into the chamber. I think Rei/Shinji were safe but it was uncertain for Asuka who had to keep fighting.

Unfortunately that was where it ended.

TheCarkolum
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TheCarkolum » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:51 pm

I've actually had a lot. Still do. But I don't know, I remember just weird flashes. For example, me being in the strange chamber where in the roof there is a tree of life. You know, where Gendo and Fuyutsuki do... stuff (dunno what is this room for, somebody explain to me pls). Another one has to do with very strange angels. Reeeealy psychedelic ones. Another recurrent one is about the EVA-01 destroying crap in a huge wasteland. Idk man, my mind is a trip.
“The tragedy of growing old is not that one is old but that one is young.” - Oscar Wilde

"Remember kids, a smart man knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!!"

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:31 am

I dreamed about rewatching EVA Q for the second time, and it was at the part where Shinji was confronting Asuka at terminal dogma and Unit 13 was awakened after pulling out the spears.

And for some strange reason, I had the temptation of writing Misato's and Asuka's name into my Death Note(the prop/replica that I have).
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:17 am

Several. I dont remember the details really, but I have a feeling they would probably weird everyone (myself included) out if I was to remember them and write them down.

I only know that I got behind some of the major twists in the original series when I was dozing away, most of them 5+ episodes before their actual reveal
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Hark
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Hark » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:09 pm

ive had a good amount of dreams about evangelion.
this is one of the ones i enjoyed the most.

the setting was a generic park/ grassy hill area.

the people present were Asuka, Rei , Shinji , Misato , Kaji , pen pen and me.

in the dream somehow we all decided to have a Picnic.

Misato went on a beer fetch quest ,because apparently she ran out of beer. she takes Kaji with her .

Shinji and Asuka were cooking / preparing the food , at the same time as arguing on how to prepare / what to make , while Asuka teases sinji , as normal.

Shinji is in charge of bringing the music.

Rei reads some kind of light novel i believe while pen pen watches tv

i went to find / figure out what kind of activity's to do , like what kind of sports equipment to bring if any , like badminton or a soccer ball , or some board games like checkers/chess or a deck of cards.

eventually everyone is finished with what they needed to do , and we set off in misatos car.

we get to the location around 1:00 pm

we set up the place to eat and start to chow down ,afterwards everyone participates in some games , i believe that we threw a Frisbee around for a bit.
Shinji plays checkers with Rei ,and looses to her.
Asuka kicks around a soccer ball with Kaji and Misato.

Kaji brought a portable girll /stove top and cooks some kind of meat , i think he made kebabs

Misato drinks , at this time im amazed at how well she can hold her liquor.

i brought some paper for the board games if it was needed , so Rei takes some of it and apparently made some origami , cranes , boxes , flowers and penguins - to penpens delight.

i toss around a Frisbee with Shinji and Asuka at one point , then it turns into monkey in the middle somehow , with penpen and sinji being the monkey for most of the time.

everyone plays volleyball at one point.

i know we did more of some kind of games but i cant remember what they were .

we stay till around sunset, then go home.

it was a nice day, and one of dare i say "most normal " as in nothing odd happened , like a angel or something of the like.

i feel like i forgot some bits , but i hope i remember , if i do ill update it.

i hope to have another dream like that in the future , it was pretty nice.
~anything broken can be fixed by you can never return to what you have missed~

ArfenosPorrows
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ArfenosPorrows » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:20 pm

Last week I had a dream where I was chilling in school with the stooges and and Hikari, we were discussing how to name a rock band we were forming, the chosen name was something like "drought wind on tuesday", lol.

And now that I remember I had this weird dream about me walking with Ritsuko on a dark room where all the failed evas were and she was expaining to me something about them, I think, then we reached a elevator that was looking a lot like a spinal cord, and then everything goes insane, like ep 25, for example. The weird part is that I had that dream about three or four times already.
LCL Füllung. Anfang der Bewegung. Anfang des Nervenanschlusses. Auslöses von Links-kleidung. Synchro-start.
-Amen.

fukuda
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby fukuda » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:59 pm

For a while I couldn't sleep because I think I was trying to interpret the show before I knew what it was about.
Actually, I'm not sure as to if it was dreams that I had memories of or interpreting it.
I love you todoite kono omoi
kitto itsuka wa kanau yo ne
konna kimochi setsuna sugiru no

onegai tomete…
koi no yokushiryoku

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:03 pm

One time i dreamt that Eva Final was cancelled, i was scared
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby CommanderFish » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:37 am

Had a dream recently after finishing Gurren Lagann where Kittan and his gunmen were part of Willie's team in 3.0.

3.0  SPOILER: Show
It was pretty funny in hindsight because he still hated Shinji along with everyone else. Which is to say that even in my dreams, Shinji never gets a break.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:45 pm

Last night, I dreamed that Shinji somehow snapped out of his depression at the end of Q and started to hijack the Wunder computers hacking his way to access Unit 01 which he did without much resistance. He got in Unit 01 and started to fight the Angels but then I woke up before I could witness him finishing any of them off.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:13 am

I've dreamed about the first trailer of Shin Eva.
It was inside Central Dogma again and Shinji was double piloting Unit 01 with a human shaped Lilith with the face of Yui/Rei that Gendo talked to in 3.0. He was figthing a giant being (10 times higher than Unit 01) that looked like Kaguya from Naruto. The artstyle was like the pencil poster.

It was weird.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”