If you could be any Eva character who would you be?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: If you could be any Eva character who would you be?

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:18 pm

Kaji, easily, because he's a much needed father figure to Shinji and someone whom Asuka actually listens to. Therefore, he's in the best position out of all the cast to be able to exert some positive influence over the children and care for them.

Plus, he's also in a good position to help Misato out with her issues...and have sexy time with her.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Lt Light Ark
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lt Light Ark » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:31 pm

Shinji, but unlike him I would say to Asuka and Rei that their life has worth and that mine is worthless (goes to kill Angel no one is managing to defeat with a nuke)

In Rebuild? The same, but against Zeruel.

Zarathustra
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Zarathustra » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:28 pm

When I was younger I was pretty much Shinji... without the Robo-mum, the emotionally unavailable father, having to fight a war and the mini-harem I'm living with, but you get the idea.

Nowadays, I'm similar to Gendo as in that I'm socially awkward and am desperately looking for someone like Yui.

Considering that, I'd definitely want to be Kaji -- to try to support Shinji wherever I can -- or PenPen because nobody would raise an eyebrow if I were to enter Misato's bedroom at night.

fukuda
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby fukuda » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:35 am

Gendo.
His name is tough.

If it weren't for the "no angels", I would have chose Kaworu.
I love you todoite kono omoi
kitto itsuka wa kanau yo ne
konna kimochi setsuna sugiru no

onegai tomete…
koi no yokushiryoku

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:45 am

Pen-pen. He's the only well-adjusted one in the whole bunch.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 pm

View Original PostJoseph the PRPD wrote:The FAR.

I'm going to have to agree here. The First Ancestral Race is implied to have been on the verge of extinction, which is why they sent the Moons out in the first place, Superman style. Although it's still unanswered whether Adam and Lilith are clones of the First Ancestral Race themselves, or genetically engineered by them, I'd have to go with the FAR, on their own planet, decades before they're forced to send out the Moons.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:44 pm

I would be the Spear of Longinus
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

TheChosenJuan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TheChosenJuan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:49 pm

I would probably be just me. Wasn't that the message in the show?
This is my first geekforum since Coraline, so it better be good here!

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:09 pm

Well I would be Shinji, who I resemble to the point that it scared me lol

If I can choose, Asuka. Best person.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Re:

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:38 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkobitch wrote:Although it's still unanswered whether Adam and Lilith are clones of the First Ancestral Race themselves, or genetically engineered by them

It's probably a case of "humans create gods in their own image" (a classic sci-fi motif that NGE itself nods at). Genetically engineered using the FAR genome as a base.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

TheChosenJuan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TheChosenJuan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:35 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:It's probably a case of "humans create gods in their own image" (a classic sci-fi motif that NGE itself nods at). Genetically engineered using the FAR genome as a base.

I more saw them as drones or devices by the FAR, created to spread their meaning and life. Yet they have those supposed wormholes in the series to either their dimension or home-realm, that seems to only occur when things go wrong, but I doubt that in the conclusion a FAR would either come to existance or intervene through the final plothole, because this would make to much sense here...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:18 am

View Original PostTheChosenJuan wrote:I more saw them as drones or devices by the FAR, created to spread their meaning and life.

"Drone" or "device" feel like somewhat demeaning terms for living entities with the souls of actual FAR individuals. Engineering beings to spread "meaning and life" are far from mutually exclusive with "gods created in one's own image", as well. The concepts, indeed, go together like pita and hummus. I wasn't kidding, either, when I said the show nodded to the idea.

Episode 20 wrote:Misato:
Just what is an Eva?!

RITSUKO:
It is something created by man in man's own image.
I really can't describe it any other way.

The souls of the Evas are in our image, of course, but the flesh? Well, Ritsuko didn't exactly specify which "Man" she was referring to, so it still works. :devil:

Yet they have those supposed wormholes in the series to either their dimension or home-realm

:???:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

TheChosenJuan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TheChosenJuan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:44 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:"Drone" or "device" feel like somewhat demeaning terms for living entities with the souls of actual FAR individuals. Engineering beings to spread "meaning and life" are far from mutually exclusive with "gods created in one's own image", as well. The concepts, indeed, go together like pita and hummus. I wasn't kidding, either, when I said the show nodded to the idea.

What I meant is that the FAR probably just built or grew these seeds to spread life or angels on other planets and make the universe a less barren place. I'm not so sure what the Adam's in that case were about, probably as either a failsafe if anything like on earth should go wrong or as another part of the whole process to keep germinating the planets, similar to the Aliens of the Aliens movies. But where was it said that the Seeds contain the souls of the FAR? This wouldn't make much sense, other when they would want two seeds to hit a planet to create more beings of themselves.

:???:

I was referring to the Dirac Sea created by the "Impacts" and emerging "angels". In my pov those "Seas" - at least when related to the actual Impact not the angels - are more a connection between the earth and the world/ dimesion of the FAR, from which a FAR would either appear or start to exist in the case of Adam and Lilith merging. Or maybe they would create the earth in another dimension like that of the FAR, if they exist in a distinct one.

Lt Light Ark
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lt Light Ark » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:52 pm

Ironically being a member of FAR is way better.

*goes as Samael*

Hello Ikari Shinji, let's talk, I have a proposal to you

...Being with Kaworu would be safer, poor boy may end up mad.

Julius
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Julius » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:47 am

Gendo.

katouhayato
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby katouhayato » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:23 pm

Kaji's watermelons. :^)
Last edited by katouhayato on Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperUltraMecha
Embryo

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby SuperUltraMecha » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:07 am

View Original Postschismatics wrote:Gendo ...DUH.

I tell my son not to be a bitch, screw chicks just to be a dick, and having my wife's soul in a giant robot.

What more could want out of life??

Well the downside is that you die a horrible and painful death alone and rejected by the woman you fought so hard for to come back. All because you were too afraid of your own son who you abandoned and manipulated into causing the end of the world.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Marisue
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Marisue » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:10 pm

I'd be Mari or Asuka, why? Because I like glasses girls and, pretty weird that doesn't give a rats ass about whatever biblical stuff is going on right now. As for Asuka simply because I have a feisty and aggressive personality myself, and I don't mind being on top of the world.

CommieOtaku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CommieOtaku » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:46 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:Pen-pen. He's the only well-adjusted one in the whole bunch.
This one gets it.
Evangelion made me an otaku. I'm in my hell, all is right with this world!

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:11 pm

I think the best option would be to be a FAR, simply because they're out of the whole mess. However, if I had to choose a human, I'd say Mari, because she's the only Eva human pilot that doesn't have psychological issues (for now... :bigeyes: ) and have fun with what she does. Well, except maybe Toji who seems to be normal, but we can't really know if he would've been a good pilot at long term, and it's possible he has some dark trauma hidden deep inside of him, it's Eva after all. :devil:
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Commander : being as unexpressive as possible and doing a perfect "Gendo pose".
Vice Commander : looking constipated.
Operations director : shouting orders which have 95% chances of failing.
Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.
Therapist : thera what ?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”