What manga are you reading right now?

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: What manga are you reading right now?

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:29 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:..in a few months.

The story takes place in the UK. I think it's safe to say they aren't as forgiving of that sort of thing as Japan is.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:35 pm

^I may have read your post wrong, but the age of consent in the UK is 16.

Anyway, I always thought that manga, based on the images I've seen of it, has some sort of sinister quality to it.

El Squibbonator
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:01 pm

I don't know how much this counts, since it's a very episodic manga that doesn't really have an ongoing storyline, but I've been binging on Franken Fran lately.
It pretty much presses all my buttons: biology, weird monster designs, medical anomalies, and dark comedy. The idea is that Fran (basically what you would expect Frankenstein's Monster to look like if you turned it into a cute anime girl) is a doctor who can. . . well, do anything basically. So you get one episode where a little girl's dog is hit by a car, so Fran puts its brain inside the corpse of an overweight middle-aged man that she just happened to have lying around. So of course the man starts acting like a dog, and even protects his owner from a mugger.
In another chapter, Fran invents a way for women to give birth painlessly--by giving birth to giant caterpillars that then spin cocoons and emerge as human babies. But a rival scientist steals the plans and releases them while they're still in the beta phase, which results in such things as the caterpillar-babies getting eaten by the family cat, infested by parasitic wasps, and thrown out with the garbage. Needless to say, the idea doesn't catch on.
If you can stomach the visuals, Franken Fran is awesome and sometimes hilarious. Why it hasn't been made into an anime yet escapes me.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Return to “Anime and Manga”