Gurren Lagann-based predictions for 3.0+1.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Gurren Lagann-based predictions for 3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:48 pm

(Spoilers for Gurren Lagann and Evangelion Q)

So I watched Gurren Lagann recently and noticed that once Team Dai-Gurren takes the Dai-Gunzan, the show essentially becomes a framework for Evangelion Q. The most important person in the main character's life dies (technically in the case of Rei), there's now a rag-tag bunch of rebels in control of a high tech, stolen battleship (which I believe that the AAA WUNDER was, at one point, owned by NERV or SEELE, seeing as how the Vessel of the Adams is referred to as "The original master of WUNDER" during that insane action sequence at the end of Q), and the main character's mind is in shambles, but he begins to come around after meeting a love interest out of nowhere. (Not to mention the similarities between Lordgenome and Gendo, even being called "King of the Lilin" by Kaworu, and now that I think about it, Kaworu seems similar to Viral in that he serves his king, but goes against his original wishes in the end)

If this trend continues, I think I have some solid predictions for what could happen in 3.0+1.0 - I believe that after Shinji is brought back to WILLE and questioned, and Misato has her inevitable breakdown after thinking she killed him, the AAA WUNDER will be used to stage an assault on the remains of Neo NERV HQ, with Gendo sending out his Eva Series Units (who's bits were seen while Shinji was first exploring Neo NERV in Q) to intercept them. Unit 8+2 is very clearly an homage to the titular Gunmen Gurren Lagann, seeing as how it's a fusion of two already powerful mechas, and will very likely have a double-entry system designed using Shinji's intel, and will aid in clearing a path through the Eva Series Units for the WUNDER. Shinji will be imprisoned as Simon was, and constantly interrogated on what he knows about Neo NERV.

Upon trashing all of Gendo's defenses and making it to Neo NERV HQ, a big reveal is made, and the tables are turned in favor of Gendo (Possibly Fuyutsuki in another Adams' Vessel successfully taking the WUNDER?) Unit 8+2 is sent directly to Gendo himself to fight, but Gendo gets into his own Evangelion, and the three fight. Things aren't going well, until Kaworu somehow appears and helps Unit 8+2 completely wreck Gendo's Evangelion, killing him in the process. With his dying breaths, he gives a prophecy of terrible things to come.

Years pass, and humanity has begun to Rebuild civilization, but Rei Q is suddenly possessed by Lilith's soul, and tells that humanity only has a certain amount of time left before the real end of the world, Final Impact. Shit hits the fan, and after being held in solitary confinement for nearly a decade, Shinji is finally allowed to pilot the now dormant Unit 01 again, as it's the only chance humanity has left. Shinji gets in, and immediately synchronizes so deeply that Unit 01 immediately enters Pseudo Evolution. It defends humanity from oncoming attacks, and is able to operate indefinitely because of Zeruel's retained S2 Organ. The final battle is between an awakened Unit 01 (transforming into an enormous Yui Ikari, since Unit 01's core now has both Yui's soul and Lilith's soul) and a fusion of Adam and Lilith, now soulless. The fusion wants to return Earth to the barren wasteland it was before their moons arrived and caused life to spring forth.

After that, I dunno, Instrumentality or some shit.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”