Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: What Evangelion characters do you ship?

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:51 am

I ship Asuka and Kaworu.

I've written about this in the past:

http://www.evamonkey.com/the-asuka-kaworu-pairing/

and I've assembled a gallery of fan art to illustrate how it is not as uncommon as you might think:

https://imgur.com/a/p1OAv

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:31 am

Cybermat47 wrote:Rei and Mari could be quite interesting, given that Rei is something of an introvert, while Mari is an extrovert.

DarkBluePhoenix wrote:I think Mari would have trouble choosing between Asuka or Rei, of given the choice.
Which Looks Better  SPOILER: Show

To be honest, I think you could ship Mari with literally anyone and get away with it.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

katouhayato
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby katouhayato » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:36 am

bridge trio OT3 :^)
Last edited by katouhayato on Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:42 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:To be honest, I think you could ship Mari with literally anyone and get away with it.

Probably, but that's because we know so little about Mari's character cannonically speaking. I ship her with either Rei or Shinji, but her and Sakura or Hikari would be interesting to explore in the future.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

aependell
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby aependell » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Best ship is obviously Shinji x Kaworu lol

I never got all the people saying stuff like "Shinji isn't really gay, he was just really starved for thAT DICK human affection." Like, why can't he be bi or something? Is it totally impossible for there to be romanticism between the two? I thought they were really cute together in the show.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:49 pm

TBH, I'm pretty ambivalent on the whole shipping business. I'm certainly not in the business of defending my preferred pairing (had I one) from the opinions of others, as so many other fans do. But there are a few that I do think just work well, and I've even given some of them names. Other fandoms have given their shippings names, so why not?

The ones that I like--or at least, don't strike me as painfully out of character for one or both parties involved--are:
EvaShipping (Shinji x Asuka)
ClassRepShipping (Hikari x Toji)
NervShipping (Ritsuko x Maya)
KittyShipping (Asuka x Mari)
AngelShipping (Shinji x Kaworu)
AgentShipping (Misato x Kaji)
And last but not least. . .

FlyMeToTheMoonShipping (Shinji x his SDAT player)
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:19 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:I've even given some of them names.

EvaShipping - doesn't involve Evas
AngelShipping - doesn't involve Adam's Children

*boos loudly*
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:22 pm

I was going for the sort of naming scheme used in the Pokemon fandom (where, for example, the pairing of Ash and Misty is called PokeShipping, despite neither of them being Pokemon themselves).
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Lt Light Ark
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lt Light Ark » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:15 am

I was a filthy AsuShin before. :D

Then I was graced with the light of Rei/Shinji. ^_^

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:38 pm

I'm with team Best Ending here
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:31 pm

To absolutely nobody's surprise, after all these years I still love my LAS :asukahearts: :shinjismile:

And the more typical(?) pairings: Hikari/Toji, Kaji/Misato, Maya/Ritsuko, Gendo/Yui....And they might be "uncommon" but Mari/Kensuke and KawoRei are still cute to me, too.

View Original Postkatouhayato wrote:totally ship Aoba and Maya, along with Ritsuko and Maya, but the latter is kind of unhealthy if you take into account the fact that Ritsuko is only interested in one person. Then I played NGE2 for PSP and felt justified in my favorite ship.

Hilariously enough, the GoS2 game (also on PSP and other Sony systems, though it was originally a PC game) seems to support Kaji/Maya (when you freely explore the town, you'll see what I mean), despite the fact Misato and Kaji seem to still be couple-y in that AU!

I know similar to MGS, shipping isn't exactly "the point" of the series (Forever Alone in Jack/The Boss and BBKaz Hell!), but I still have my favorites, damn it :tongue:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:34 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Probably, but that's because we know so little about Mari's character cannonically speaking. I ship her with either Rei or Shinji, but her and Sakura or Hikari would be interesting to explore in the future.

Thats not even the maximum extent... Im pretty sure a skilled writer could even ship her with Gendo, but thats not the point of this thread, so Ill just leave it at that.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:08 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Thats not even the maximum extent... Im pretty sure a skilled writer could even ship her with Gendo.

:mayano:
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:34 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Mari/Kensuke

This is real in my heart :marihearts: :kensukecam:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Just think of the EVA "sneaking aboard" adventures they'd go on! :lol:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:00 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Just think of the EVA "sneaking aboard" adventures they'd go on! :lol:

“Commence entry plug insertion.”
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:02 pm

^ Okay, I chuckled. :lol:

I started in this fandom as AsuShin (a whopping fifteen-plus years ago), I suspect it'll end in the exact same place. But I won't dare question anyone else's choices, that's just not kosher.

If I had to list some others I enjoy: ReiKaw is a definite yes for me, AsuKaw isn't a total no-go with me (if I'm unable hand her over to Sadboy, that is) and, Rebuild-wise, AsuMari is a solid "maybe".
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:32 pm

As far as the pilots go, Toji/Hikari is the only thing I can really see happening canonically unless Bardiel decides to be an asshat again, but I will always have a soft spot for ReiShin

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Toji x Shinji is my OTP. Shinji needs a nice boy in his life. Toji, being all macho and stuff, would be flustered around Ikari and in total denial about it. "It's not like I like you or anything, Ikari.

:toji_sulk: x :shinji_eyebrow:

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:05 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Toji x Shinji is my OTP. Shinji needs a nice boy in his life. Toji, being all macho and stuff, would be flustered around Ikari and in total denial about it. "It's not like I like you or anything, Ikari.

:toji_sulk: x :shinji_eyebrow:

This pairing needs way more fanfiction as I've only ever read one on it. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”