Sonic the Hedgehog

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

AdamMalkobitch
Lilith

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkobitch » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Mania is one of the greatest games ever released, period. Adventure 2 is overrated and terrible, Adventure 1 is badass and my favorite Adventure-style Sonic game. 06 is fun as hell even with the bugs, Colours is good but only the first acts and bosses, Unleashed HD is fucking awesome, Unleashed SD is fun but too segmented for my tastes. Sonic 1 is decent, CD is abysmal, 2 is good, 3 & Knuckles is incredible, R is fun but bad, Fighters is terrible but has awesome music. Forces is an enjoyable movie, but a shit game, Infinite is one of the most pointless, confused characters ever "written". Shadow the Hedgehog is fun explody gun bang bang pew pew explosions insanity with way too many possible goddamn paths and incredible CG cutscenes (Mari Makinami would love this one). Generations is okay, but Modern's stomp lag combined with how long it takes the stomp animation to finish completely ruins modern Crisis City for me, and Classic's almost-there-but-not-quite physics just make it hurt to play his stages.
Fight me.
https://youtu.be/bicPHRcaDEc

FrDougal9000
Tunniel

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog

•      
  •      

Postby FrDougal9000 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:45 pm

I think the reason critics, as well as most fans, got pissed with Sonic Forces was due to one big thing: since Lost World and Boom had been on the Wii U (which very few people owned), this was going to be the first main series Sonic game that most people would be able to play since Sonic Generation: in other words, in SIX YEARS. Yes, there was Sonic Mania (and thank fuck for that), but a lot of folks felt that this would be the big game to pay attention to. And there was so much hype around it: it had stakes that the series hadn't seen in nearly a decade, Classic Sonic was coming back, there were custom characters in it! Love it or hate it, Sonic Forces was going to be a memorable game.

And in the end? It was just a mediocre nothing of a game: not terrible (and props to yourself and everyone else who enjoys the game regardless), but there was nothing to it. After all this time, after all the hype, and it ultimately amounted to nothing. At least Mania softened the blow by being a simply excellent platformer that delighted a vast chunk of the fandom; lord knows what would have happened if it was just Forces that came out.
Pen-Pen died for your sins!

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”