Jurassic World

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Re: Jurassic World

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:35 pm

The chemical used to make gasoline repellant to humans would work for that. That’s not the dumb part.

The dumb part is that the animal is clearly killing for pleasure and is intelligent enough to have object permanence. It wouldn’t need to find him, it should know where he went.
the prophecy is true
The wish for respectability, observed spiritual teacher Jiddu Krishnamurti, is the greatest deterrent to selfhood and progress.

Guy Nacks
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Wow. This trailer does absolutely nothing for me. Even Jeff Goldblum's presence couldn't redeem it.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:12 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The chemical used to make gasoline repellant to humans would work for that. That’s not the dumb part.

The dumb part is that the animal is clearly killing for pleasure and is intelligent enough to have object permanence. It wouldn’t need to find him, it should know where he went.

Fair point I thought maybe that was just Hollywood making up a magic bullet similar to what they did with the the classic Predator movie where Arnold's character coated himself in mud though in the context of the film this works because the story carries it and the character is likeable and well established and your rooting for him to win by the end, where as Prats character in my view puts you off as soon as he shows up on screen.

So by the time it got to that car scene I wanted him gone since the franchise in the past has shown that posturing has no place and comes with a huge price tag where the dinosaurs are concerned as it was shown with the hunter in Jurassic park 2 who desperation to hunt a male Rex as a trophy got all of his close friends killed and had to come to realization that they died because of him and that his trophy's cost was far to high.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:54 am

On the I-Rex killing for pleasure. It's genetically engineered, some of it's teeth are growing out of it's jaw wrong, has roughly the intelligence of a Chimp or Dolphin in the body of a Elephant, and has albinism. This is an animal that's sick, and pissed off and always wants to take it's anger out on something. I don't have a problem with it killing indiscriminately.

The concept of the I-Rex isn't bad, but I feel the marketing and writing let it down. They could have said a throwaway line like. "What we tried to do was create a species that would have evolved if the Meteor had never wiped the dinosaurs out". and that would have gone miles making the I-Rex more interesting. Especially considering one of the better ideas in JP3 was that the Raptors may have been evolving sentience and feelings for their offspring.

Personally, I think another studio should try their hand at making another dinosaur movie franchise to compete with JP. I mean, PJ's King Kong movie despite it's flaws made a fan of old school pulp novels like me giddy with joy with all the creative takes on Dinosaurs in that movie. (seriously look up the art book for that movie sometime, Cadaverosaurus is a great concept and it's a shame it never made it into the final film). You could make a Pellucidar movie with the old school dinosaurs with the dragging tails and carnivorous triceratops like in those pulp novels. Or hell, Marvel could make a Ka-Zar and Shanna movie about the Savage land. I want more dinosaur movies, I don't care how.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:52 pm

Even engineered animals can’t evolve in one generation. It would be better if it was revealed they were always complex animals but behaved the way they did because of barbaric treatment.
the prophecy is true
The wish for respectability, observed spiritual teacher Jiddu Krishnamurti, is the greatest deterrent to selfhood and progress.

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:29 pm

New Superbowl Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWZ6Qzk6WBw

Apparently the 'Rescue The Dinosaurs From The Exploding Island" is only one part of the plot.

From what I can glean from the trailer. It's basically going to be a (hopefully) better version of The Lost World Jurassic Park. Rival Corporation/Criminal organization goes to the Island to steal a few dinosaurs and sell them off to the highest bidder. Hey, since the Island is going to blow anyways, who's going to know?

Also. More Scary Moments with the new dinosaur. A kid in peril, because we need at least one kid character in a Jurassic Park Movie.

Edit: Jeff Goldblums Jurassic Park Superbowl Commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMOljrWUUXc

This is probably the best Superbowl commercial of the year.
Shame it's not a moment in the actual movie.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Return to “Film and Video”