Rei's Diet

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Rei's Diet

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:49 am

View Original PostKisses4Katie wrote:Sorry, older thread and off topic of discussion, but fish is not considered a fruit or vegetable.
You cannot be a vegetarian and eat fish.

Of course fish are not vegetables; but language is defined by usage and not logic - whether you like it or not, many people use the word "vegetarian" to mean "non meat-eater" and there's nothing you can do about that. You could try using "pesce-vegetarian" or "pescetarian" yourself and hope that people catch on.

I think when Rei says she dislikes meat, by extension that would of course mean fish too.

I would not assume that, but simply ask whether or not she ate fish.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:32 am

In Rei's case, I would assume that her preferences would be like Nadia's, i.e. based off Anno's.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Kisses4Katie
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kisses4Katie » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:48 am

I always figured because meat had a slight blood taste- similar to LCL? We know Shinji says it smells like blood- maybe that has to do with it?

I know the rebuild is a different entity, but the sub I saw she actually stated she doesn't eat meat.. Not just dislike.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:52 am

Yeah, but a blunt statement of 'doesn't eat meat' could cover a wide variety of things, from simply disliking and preferring not to eat it all the way up to a physical inability to consume it. A statement that vague leaves a broad net for interpretation.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”