DeviantArt

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

DeviantArt

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:44 pm

So I was just wondering, who here has a DeviantArt account, or at least one that they currently use? I do--my username is ElSqiubbonator-- but it's been a while since I posted anything Eva-related. What about you guys?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: DeviantArt

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:38 am

Yes I have one but you already know that and its under the same user name as this one ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:23 am

I know. I was wondering if anyone else here had one.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:06 pm

I used to have one, but for personnal reasons, and not growing popularity despite my best effort to post regulary (Altough, my drawings were really bad, and they might have looked shit to others people.) I deleted it.

I like deviantart, very very much, but I am deceived that's they forced the new design "eclipse" upon everyone else, and now, you can't search as fluently as before :shrug:

Like for example, you could search between : Digital drawings, traditional, litterature, (poems, fanfic, the genre of the fanfic) etc, games, comic, and much more.
Now this, poof! All gone.

What you can do now is to scroll desesperatly until your found something remotely looking to what you wanted to find, but oh no, what if it's not it? What if your waste hours and hours for nothing? :coffee: Meh. Anyway sorry if I wasted you'r topic by complaining :sweatdrop:
Ban me forever.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:12 pm

View Original PostLine wrote:I like deviantart, very very much, but I am deceived that's they forced the new design "eclipse" upon everyone else, and now, you can't search as fluently as before :shrug:

Like for example, you could search between : Digital drawings, traditional, litterature, (poems, fanfic, the genre of the fanfic) etc, games, comic, and much more.
Now this, poof! All gone.

What you can do now is to scroll desesperatly until your found something remotely looking to what you wanted to find, but oh no, what if it's not it? What if your waste hours and hours for nothing? :coffee: Meh.

I have to agree with that I genuinely hate eclipse, it's not user-friendly and the new membership prices are just insane you pay less using Artstation or Pixiv. I would recommend both as they're more user-friendly along with furaffinity (As its the closest clone to DA currently)
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:48 pm

Furaffinity? By any chance, do it have anything to do with "furry"? :um:

How, because now you have to pay for an account? But I remember now, that's for the sake of having some advantages of for example, having a gallery, making your account look like all the while more agreable you would have to get a Premium account, so to speak.

Such goodtimes when it was all a normal feature :raincloud:
Ban me forever.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:43 pm

View Original PostLine wrote:Furaffinity? By any chance, do it have anything to do with "furry"? :um:

How, because now you have to pay for an account? But I remember now, that's for the sake of having some advantages of for example, having a gallery, making your account look like all the while more agreable you would have to get a Premium account, so to speak.

Such goodtimes when it was all a normal feature :raincloud:

Yes it is mostly furry but it is all free with no paid accounts. Until someone creates a new DA clone.

With DA you can still get the free account along with Pixiv and Artstation the paid accounts just give extras. I was more pointing out that DA paid account is much higher price than all the others. Like you though I miss the days when accounts were free and you got all the features as standard.

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:18 pm

So I when to the site, and like you said, yay I can flirt like deviantart just like the olds days :D ! Though, I have no tested it willfully and entirely, I'll just see that's the feature is here. But apparently you can't flirt by fandom? Buh, stop complaining Line, I'll try it later, promise nothing :exalt:
Ban me forever.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:22 pm

I have a Deviantart account. My username on there is CTaylor90.

I’ve been on there over a year now and enjoying it so far.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:11 pm

By the way, I thought I get some feedback for my DA gallery on here to determine if it comes off as weird or not by the average folks.
https://www.deviantart.com/ctaylor90/gallery

Now, my family doesn’t know about this, and I’m not sure about keeping secrets. I have been aspiring to be manga artist and creating my own series as I had planned for years now, though lately, I’ve had some people asking me for requests, and I feel obligated half of the time. And I’m at a bit of a dilemma of continue making art on here or focus more on my own project I’ve been working for years now. Plus, I’m not sure whether or not that some work in my gallery could potentially affect my career goal if I decided to continue with it.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:01 pm

I wouldn't call it weird, no. Especially not by dA standards :tongue:
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:23 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I wouldn't call it weird, no. Especially not by dA standards :tongue:

Oh, thank goodness. I get a little worried sometimes of how some folks in my family might react if they ever saw them, especially with some of the requests I did before.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:19 am

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:By the way, I thought I get some feedback for my DA gallery on here to determine if it comes off as weird or not by the average folks.
https://www.deviantart.com/ctaylor90/gallery

Now, my family doesn’t know about this, and I’m not sure about keeping secrets. I have been aspiring to be manga artist and creating my own series as I had planned for years now, though lately, I’ve had some people asking me for requests, and I feel obligated half of the time. And I’m at a bit of a dilemma of continue making art on here or focus more on my own project I’ve been working for years now. Plus, I’m not sure whether or not that some work in my gallery could potentially affect my career goal if I decided to continue with it.

Looking at your stuff I don't feel it would affect your career, though I do suggest going to Artstation or making your own website and doing your project there and keeping it separate from DA as I was in the scenario once where in an interview they asked for an online gallery I had to show them DA it didn't go down well as DA comes with a stigma due to fetish art.

SPOILER: Show
What employers should never see is sex art or sexual art fetish of any type or vore (Unless your doing horror posters or book covers)

So the main pro gallery you create should reflect your best works and be very professional.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:37 pm

That is a very good idea. Actually, I had thought about going on ArtStation at one point, though I had never taken the initiative. I will consider this, though. Thanks for the advice.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”