What 1.0 + 3.0 stuff has been confirmed fake?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

What 1.0 + 3.0 stuff has been confirmed fake?

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:52 pm

So far the only things we have that have been officially released are the Next Episode Preview at the end of Q, Until You Come to Me, and some art. Can anyone else confirm if things like Gendo projecting an AT Field from his hand are fake?
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: What 1.0 + 3.0 stuff has been confirmed fake?

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:18 pm

Short answer:
Nothing is confirmed about 3.0 + 1.0.

We know it will end Shinji's emotional journey and that based on the lantern Anno drew for a festival last summer there will be some new iteration of Evangelion Unit 02 but that's it.

Aside from that nothing is official. Absolutely nothing. We can guess which characters will be central to the story (I figure the movie will primarily revolve around Shinji's relationships with Rei & Mistao & the Asuka FanClub is going to be disappointed and given more fuel for their petulance BUT I could very easily be completely off track and wrong) & we can hypothesize what is going to occur but nothing is confirmed.

Studio Khara has complete control over the workflow of these movies so there aren't going to be leaks or gossipy reveals from the staff unless the studio approves of it. If something is "revealed" on a Reddit thread or by a Twitter account without genuine verification from the official Khara social media accounts don't confirm it as anything but false. Khara can keep a secret. The theatrical premiere of 3.0 is a testament to that.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:59 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkobitch wrote:Gendo projecting an AT Field from his hand
Do you mean like this?

for size  SPOILER: Show

That's from the manga.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:32 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Do you mean like this?

for size  SPOILER: Show

That's from the manga.

Holy tits. I knew that Gendo saved Shinji in that timeline, but I had no idea he did it like that. I should really get to reading the manga, I've only read the first few volumes, and the last 3-In-1 compilation.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Lennik
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lennik » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:29 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkobitch wrote:Holy tits. I knew that Gendo saved Shinji in that timeline, but I had no idea he did it like that.

He's a huge dick to him afterwards, though, so does it really count?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:51 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:We can guess which characters will be central to the story (I figure the movie will primarily revolve around Shinji's relationships with Rei & Mistao & the Asuka FanClub is going to be disappointed and given more fuel for their petulance BUT I could very easily be completely off track and wrong) & we can hypothesize what is going to occur but nothing is confirmed.

To be fair, each of the Rebuild films has ended with the character (Kaworu included) alongside Shinji that has a prominent role in the next film. 1.0 = Shinji and Rei (then Kaworu), 2.0 = once again, Shinji and Rei (then Kaworu), so 3.0 with Shinji, Asuka, and "Tentative name" Rei...well, it wouldn't be Eva unless some focus was on them in reference to Shinji's personal journey :wink:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TheChosenJuan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TheChosenJuan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:27 am

Haven't the reboots be also very close to the original series and movies? So must be at least some sort of continuation of the pursuit of the last Impact and Gendo getting what he wants, since he basically 'outsmarted' the Dead Sea Scrolls guys or whatever they were. Probably one of those FAR things. However I'm not so keen on the Unit 02 rebuild, because the thing self-destructed, didn't it? I thought self destruction had the concept of something not workig afterwards.
This is my first geekforum since Coraline, so it better be good here!

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:13 am

View Original PostTheChosenJuan wrote:Haven't the reboots be also very close to the original series and movies?

No. They are a different story addressing different personal issues, and the protagonists have clearly different characters from their equivalents in the series, even when their names have not been changed. And in the film which seems least changed (the first), the changes which there are turn out to be highly significant to the story and characterisation.

Close comparisons between the series and the films tend to lead to confusion and misunderstanding, as has been amply shown around this forum.

A recent post at rpg.net explains this very well (but you will need a login to read it).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:01 am

∆ Some observations I don't agree with, but in general good points were made. I also believe Rebuild (which I will keep calling it lol) is doimg its own thing.
I just don't agree that Shinji is more similar to Gendo now or that miscommunication isn't a theme anymore (3.0's plot was pretty much a result if miscommunication).
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

barnett
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby barnett » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:19 am

That post on rpg.net is really good, definitely worth reading, especially for NTE detractors.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”