Evangelion Half-Life Mod

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

McDirty
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby McDirty » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:37 pm

I'm sure there are maps of these in existence out there, but I would definitely love to play CoS in a Nerv HQ setting, which include, the Geofront, Seele council room (maybe as an easter egg), Magi systems, Command Center, Eva Pens, Central and Terminal Dogma, and Heaven's Door. Maybe it be a bit big if you were to scale it to actual size, but the Source engine has proved to exceed a lot of boundaries. Take a look at some of the maps in Portal 2 for example!

As for models for characters, I would love to see someone go the distance and make Face Poser compatible models in which you can manipulate facial phonemes, like Valve does for it's basic HL2 models. It be an opportunity for people to make fan-fiction videos. (Or we just see the usual ridiculousness we see from G-Mod :/)

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:57 am

When I first saw EoE, the first thing I thought was, "How cool would it be if you could play that battle in a videogame? How cool could it be if you could change the tides, causing NERV to win?"

Yeah, I hope you get to do that.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

TheAltonboy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TheAltonboy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:33 am

The mod has a new voice actor!
-My name is Slim Shady.
-A Great Man (Sort of)

Hawq
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hawq » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:32 pm

View Original PostTheAltonboy wrote:My friends and I are working on an Evangelion mod. Based on the HL2 engine. The ModDB page is here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/evangelion

Hope you all track it, but we need a texture artist, and some voice actors.
gotta say I like the idea of basing it on the N64 game

View Original PostMcDirty wrote:I'm sure there are maps of these in existence out there, but I would definitely love to play CoS in a Nerv HQ setting, which include, the Geofront, Seele council room (maybe as an easter egg), Magi systems, Command Center, Eva Pens, Central and Terminal Dogma, and Heaven's Door.
There is a map out there of the Nerv command center for HL2, pretty sure it was part of Evamod though the project is now dead. As for fighting in the Geo-front Evarena had that though that's a UT2004 mod.

UbermenschXII
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby UbermenschXII » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:11 am

I was looking for Half Life mods when I saw this www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFG4o968yDs but seems to be canceled, I guess.

hwdge
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hwdge » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:54 am

when i think evangelion mod, i always think of chivalry medieval warfare but with 16 massive failed eva prototypes and being able to customize armor color and head type and guns and plug suit but oh well at least i got my imagination

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Already mentioned above but the Evarena mod for UT2004 is the closest approximate to this, even though it's a bit shoddy: why do the pallet rifle's bullets bounce off walls? Why does the positron rifle have a tractor beam mode? To say nothing of them being cheapskates with the Spear of Longinus, rendering it next to useless in melee but a one-use instakill weapon if thrown.

I still liked how they implemented AT-fields and power management; however, if both sides have a cable or S2, it quickly degenerates to Gundam-style high-speed aerial combat. Also, it places too much focus on ranged weapons, something that doesn't really give back the Evangelion feel.

TheAltonboy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TheAltonboy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:53 pm

I'ma still at it...
Progress is at a painful crawl. Though it SEEMS to be picking up. Effectively now, I'm the only one doing active work on the project. If anybody wants to help we need everything. Modelers, programmers, artists. MAINLY MODELERS>>> So I propose we do what TheEvaMonkey suggested, combine and Conquer!

But incase that doesn't work, I'm setting up a challenge, send me a render of what ever unit or character or angel you'd like to work on (Except Unit 01, I'm doing her.) Send me multiple different views from the front, sides, behind, corner shots, etc etc, and the time it took to complete it. The people who produced the best (By best I mean closest to Rebuild style) quality and the most reasonable time will get the jobs. I'm looking for TWO modelers for each category but that's only the minimum!

We need
Eva modelers ( 00, 02, 03, 05, mk.06, 08, mk.09, Mk. 13 and MP Evas)

Characters (Pilots, Bridge crew, civilians.( Shinji, Asuka, Rei/ Misato, Ritsuko, Maya, Aoba Hyuga/ Touji Kensuke, Hikari.))

Angels (Sachiel, Shamshel, Ramiel, Third Angel, Seventh Angel(Clockiel) Sahaquiel, Bardiel, Liliel, Zeruel, Twelfth Angel.)

Jet alone is cool to, Email me for details at [email protected]
-My name is Slim Shady.
-A Great Man (Sort of)

lu1000
Embryo

Re: Evangelion Half-Life Mod

•      
  •      

Postby lu1000 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:20 pm

hey boy i find this map, the page is in german but is easy to see
the link
http://eva-armageddon.com/Game.php
if dont work try this
http://web.archive.org/web/200601110727 ... 0/Game.php

i can estrack the map to unreal engine to make a shooter

lu1000
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lu1000 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:34 pm

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:11 am

EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

Return to “Fan Works”