Post-3I Restoration

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
DiracSea902
Embryo

Post-3I Restoration

•      
  •      

Postby DiracSea902 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:34 pm

I vaguely remember a quote by Fuyutsuki where he states that NERV is the city in that they control the city council and most of the political decisions of Tokyo-3. So, that brings me to wonder, after Third Impact, when for all intents and purposes NERV is dead in the water, how would that affect recovery and restoration of the city and its vital services (power, water, gas, communications)? Am I correct in assuming that all of the city's essential needs are met by NERV? I would imagine at least communications (wireless and landline) would be trunked through NERV, as Gendo is the type to have no qualms about eavesdropping on the citizenry in order to spy for potential threats and leaks.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Post-3I Restoration

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:05 am

Post-3I, Tokyo-3 doesn't exist. Whatever wasn't blown up by Eva-00 was blown up by the MP Evas. Hakone and the surrounding towns are completely gone.

SPOILER: Show

I don't have Tokyo-3 itself visible in this version of the image, but I did let Ashinoko poke through the Black Moon overlay. Tokyo-3 would have been at the north end of the lake.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:37 pm

Once those who want to come back do, the entire region that Tokyo-3 was in would likely be turned into a historical site, like what's done to some battlefields after wars. I can see the flyers now- "Come visit the historical remains of Tokyo-3, the epicentre of Third Impact! See the massive hole that once housed NERV HQ, and the pit below it that was once the home of the unholy Black Moon! Take in the beautiful blood-stained ocean and enormous decomposing bits of Lilith! At the end of a long day, come home to a recreation of Major Misato Katsuragi's apartment building, and wallow in self hatred, crying yourself to sleep! Tokyo-3 Historical Site! It'll have you saying, "oh dear god why"!
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:49 pm

The corpses of Adam's Children don't rot (this can be deduced from the show alone, but NGE2 confirms it), so Lilith's corpse, being of similar "make", wouldn't rot either. If it did, Earth's atmosphere would be facing some serious deoxidation problems. Not to mention the sheer quantity of toxic microbial byproducts being spewed out. Add in the fact that Japan is in perpetual summer for bonus "fun".

Not that the Black Moon aerial photo acknowledges it in any discernible way, but that whole part of Japan is volcanically active. I wish I better remembered what more knowledgeable folks in prior conversations felt the realistic consequences of putting a giant hole in the area would be. My first instinct is that they'd be even less tourist-friendly than a creepy bisected head omnipresent on the horizon.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”