Who would win, Adam or Lilith

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Who would win, Adam or Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Who is stronger?
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

StrokeMeGoat
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Who would win, Adam or Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:26 pm

As far as we can tell, both Adam and Lilith are essentially identical, physically speaking. They were just provided different fruits to provide their children. Kaworu's reaction to encountering Lilith in Terminal Dogma, if taken at face value (no speculation about pretending to be surprised or putting on a show), would seem to help corroborate this.

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:58 am

In every single canon, Lilith and her progenitors have been the victors over Adam, but if they were to go up against each other one on one, it's hard to tell. If Adam's true form is the Giant of Light, which is basically an Awakened Evangelion, and Lilith's true form is the giant Rei seen in EoE, I'm pretty sure it's obvious who would win.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

StrokeMeGoat
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:52 pm

View Original PostAdamMalkobitch wrote:In every single canon, Lilith and her progenitors have been the victors over Adam

I'm not sure I'd say that Lilith and the Lilin were victorious over Adam and her progeny. I mean, yeah, the Angels were all defeated, and the Lilin were ultimately given the option to be reborn if they possessed the will to live in their hearts... but as far as Adam and Lilith themselves go, the forbidden fusion took place.

To me, them fusing is either something I'd consider a victory for both of them or otherwise I'd just not consider it in a win-lose context at all really. Kaworu actually possessed free will (even despite being forced to act by SEELE) and willingly decided to sacrifice himself so that the Lilin should be the existence that continues to live on (which was a decision made that much easier given some insight from his somewhat different discussion in Dogma in the Manga, where he states he realizes that even his "goal" of making contact will annihilate all forms of life to include himself as Kaworu, so even if his soul is reincarnated or what have you, the end result either way moving forward is his death). Having exactly that be accomplished at the end of the series and fusing with Lilith/Rei to become a transcendental being seems quite a lot for a victory for Kaworu to me.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:29 pm

At one point, I started writing a crappy fanfic where the two engage in a Spear-assisted duel. Lilith does not have an S2, and so is seen to quickly burn away her excess flesh and become a creepy skeletal being. Adam's obvious advantage, however, is balanced out by the fact that Adam is stuck using an Eva-style meatsack body. In other words, if you stab Adam, there is a wound and she bleeds; it only seals up once deliberately healed. If you stab Lilith, the wound seals up instantaneously when the penetrating object is removed. Lilith's pliable form also means that mere CONTACT with her is a body hazard, and Adam loses a couple of limbs this way. Lilith, in other words, sustains herself during the duel by eating Adam. I also decided that explosive blasts wouldn't work on Lilith; instead of destroying her, they just SCATTER her. Easier to avoid the all-devouring white ooze when it's in compact form.

This being a Reichu fanfic, however, there was no way Lilith would win in the end. After much hardship, Lilith is killed in simultaneously gruesome and sexy manner. Of course, this fanfic was so shitty that I gave up on it before it ever got to the demented and kind of cool ending. (Also I had two consecutive HDD failures that ate my work and thoroughly demoralized me.) Oh well.

View Original PostAdamMalkobitch wrote:If Adam's true form is the Giant of Light

Adam glowing like a lightbulb is not the normal state of affairs. You can see this in the KatsExp footage from episode 21' / DEATH. After an unseen source of light -- Adam, off-camera -- abruptly flares up, someone says that the "surface luminscence" has exceeded their expectations. Translated, this means that Adam is glowing way more than they thought she would. Reason for this being that the contact woke her up and she's firing up her S^2 Engine and generating an AATF. In EoE, we briefly see the MP Evas glow white when they open their engines to generate an AATF, and the whole moment is meant as a callback to the circumstances of 2I. Unlike the MPs, however, Adam lost control of her organ and had to detonate to release the built-up energy. We find a visual comparison elsewhere with the white-hot giant Rei that Eva-00 transitions into before exploding.

AdamMalkobitch wrote:if Lilith's true form is the giant Rei seen in EoE

That's certainly not Lilith's true form, since it's the result of Lilith's self-image being altered through ten years of life as Rei, along with Lilith assimilating Adam.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:33 pm

What if all 7 seeds of life assimilated with one another?
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:10 am

That would be a major waste of seven worlds' worth of potential life.

(I appreciate the questions, but an endless stream of them over multiple threads with little to no further thoughts added isn't conducive to meaty, mutualistic conversation. Please make your posts a bit more substantial.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:16 am

Due to the lack of evidence suggesting otherwise, I'd need to go with Lilith as the winner. They're similar to an uncanny extent, therefore it's safe to say they'd be around the same level, anyways.
I do love me some Rei guns.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”