Help with DC subtitles

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
benjaquezadar
Embryo

Help with DC subtitles

•      
  •      

Postby benjaquezadar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:04 pm

Hello!
I am currently watching NGE[DC] with my mother. She does not speak/understand any Japanese/English, so I decided to use a Spanish Fansub (the only decent one I could find), but they belonged to the non-DC edition, and we are using the DC version, therefore they (the subs) are out of sync from ep 21 up to 24. I then searched for Spanish subs but I haven't been able to find them. I can translate to Spanish, so I tried looking for English subs, but its been to no avail because the one I found is pretty messed up (4 to 5 lines subs, wrong timing, weird format when there are multiple people talking). I'd be really thankful if you could help me find good DC subs in English so I can translate them for my mum (I would upload them after and post it here, so anybody can use them), or tell me if it is better to look for the non-DC version of these eps and stop wasting my time.
Thank you in advance, and forgive my bad grammar, as English is not my native language.
Last edited by benjaquezadar on Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Help with DC subtitles

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Here are the DC episodes from two Spanish sets, timed to a rip of the DVD versions of the episodes:

https://cassland.org/misc/SpanishEvaDCsubs.zip

As far as I can see they don't require a fancy font, but if I'm wrong I should be able to provide it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

benjaquezadar
Embryo

Re: Help with DC subtitles

•      
  •      

Postby benjaquezadar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:36 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Here are the DC episodes from two Spanish sets, timed to a rip of the DVD versions of the episodes:

Thank you for the fast reply!
Fun story, I just got recommended the work Sephirotic did a few minutes ago by a friend. It is just perfect for my needs. I might give it a(nother) full rewatch with the extra tweaks they did.
Cheers and thank you again!

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”