From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby amitakartok » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:21 pm

Ask any random fan; they'd go "nope, Evas are organic so EMP wouldn't affect them" because they don't know how EMP actually works.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Well the Evas do have to have some sort of cybernetic enhancements in it, they have a hole going from their neck down into their womb so there has to be something keeping the hole open.

and the pilots do have a targeting system in it, as well as the dummy plug. Plus the self-destruct button.

Like what would happen if somebody were to hack into the Eva's computers or the thing that controls self-destruct button and kill the pilots like that?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:14 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Ask any random fan; they'd go "nope, Evas are organic so EMP wouldn't affect them" because they don't know how EMP actually works.

I agree with and it wager that they have internal guts as well as 01 is shown eating angels, hence I see biological weapons being an issue for them as well as old fashioned nuclear if it hits the skin under the armour. EMP's don't hurt them as they have the power of nuclear from what I've heard but none of the radiation effects. Though if your writing an AU story you could get around this by saying that your Eva's are weaker or not as well built at the start of the story hence EMP's can toss them around harder until they get fitted with upgraded and better armour.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:52 pm

They are weaker, actually. I explicitly stated on the story's thread over at SV that these Evas are just cheap knockoffs compared to the canon ones due to humanity's complete and utter lack of knowledge involving metaphysical biology (as in this AU, Angels spontaneously dissolve into carbon dust a few hours after death, keeping NERV from learning anything about them they can't learn via camera footage). When the Unit-01-gets-an-S2-engine subplot occurs, they're going to be at a complete loss at what that extra organ is, what's it doing and how did it get there.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby VUX » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:53 pm

What about an angel being captured and turned into an evangelion?
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:08 pm

Read the GM handbook of Adeptus Evangelion. In the "Evangelion Type Zero" endgame scenario, it suggests the possibility of NERV or SEELE installing an entry plug socket into Lilith, Adam or the local equivalent of such an entity. Anyone who tries to sync with the thing instantly tanged, but that doesn't necessarily exclude the possibility of someone like Rei or Kaworu being able to do it and getting the power of a god at their fingertips.

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby VUX » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:33 pm

What about a complex fanfiction with a happy ending

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:24 pm

You mean like Jimmy Wolk's The Second Try?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1413558/1/The-2nd-try
Considered a favorite by many on this forum if i recall correctly
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Postby jcmoorehead » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:29 am

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:You mean like Jimmy Wolk's The Second Try?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1413558/1/The-2nd-try
Considered a favorite by many on this forum if i recall correctly

I'd probably say it's my fav Eva fic to be honest. I absolutely adore it.

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby VUX » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:20 pm

What about a story where the evas are shot by a shrink ray and become human sized?

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:51 am

Eh, just make the kids able to henshin into human-sized Evas. Had an idea like that a while back, minus the shrinking.

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby VUX » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:26 pm

What about a fic where the original and Rebuild Universes are combined by some evil entitety, like a super angel, and the two Nervs have to combine forces to defeat it?

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:45 am

Now, you see, that? That would be interesting. That actually has some potential in it. It would interesting to see Soryu and Shikinami interact, as they are already...VERY different characters from the get-go. There is no Mari in the tv series, there's implications of different or more advanced technologies in the movies.

That would be interesting. What happens with two Misatos working together? Two Ritsukos?

Do two Gendos plot together to try and achieve their goal, or see each other as obstructions? Hell, do they even have the same GOALS in the two franchises? Gendo in the new movies seems to have VERY different motivations and intentions that tv Gendo. And I don't think Rei is Lilith in the movies, so...what happens when the REIS get together?

That is actually interesting.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby VUX » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:39 am

Soryu would probably be jealous of Shikanami's more happy backstory and rank as a pilot, while the two Rei's would be more or less the same. The two Gendo's however, would be unpredictable

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:54 am

View Original PostVUX wrote:Soryu would probably be jealous of Shikanami's more happy backstory and rank as a pilot, while the two Rei's would be more or less the same. The two Gendo's however, would be unpredictable

On the two Rei's I think the rebuild one is quite different as she strives to make others happy the series one is deeply depressed because she views herself as worthless and expendable as she can be replaced. You could use the Rebuild Rei to push the other one and help her out of her deep depression and give her hope that things can change. Also as there from alternate worlds they may not have the same diet. That is to say one Rei might like hot sauce while the other prefers sweet and sour yes they might be both vegetarian but tastes and dishes preferences can be very different and this could be the same for the other characters.
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:28 am

That's one possible direction, silvermoonlight: the movie Rei is far more pro-active in trying to 'build' herself, or find her place in the world. The television Rei tends to become a more passive victim of events, primarily because her attempt at agency is met with much harsher consequences (resulting in her acts of rebellion having to be more subtle, or creating a much more immediate and dramatic turn, such as the betrayal at Third Impact).

I mean, Rei in the movies is not Rei in the series: as far as we can tell, Rei in the movies is not Lilith, or anything else beyond whatever the movie Gendo has planned for her. And that seems to be a very different plan that what the Gendo in the series had.

So...what WOULD the two do if they met each other? Would they recognize their similarities, would they empathize? Would they simply acknowledge each other as 'oh, there's another clone' and leave it at that, and indeed ignore each other? Or would they determine that the Other Rei is VERY different, and be curious about WHY that difference exists?
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby VUX » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:39 am

Would the original Misato feel ashamed of the 3.0 version?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:53 am

Given how she is now in command, and still, in spite of her frustration (and responsibility), shows sympathetic feelings for Shinji, I would think not! I suppose she might regret having had to suppress her more rebellious streak, though.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby VUX » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:12 pm

How do you think Kawaru woud react to his Rebuild self?

Asuka'sBigBrother
Banned

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:45 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:What do you have in mind?

No clue. I got advised i shouldput god somehwere but he'd be like a finale bad guy, I want a down to earth villian and I have an idea how exactly he's threatening the world. But I have no idea what to do for his background, personality, characterization, development, ect.
Also, what do you plan to do about Rei?

She ded. she stay ded.
Just a big bro looking out for sistah

Mess with this crew, and I'll give you a blister

Return to “Fanfiction”