Floating Hair on Unit 01 in EoE

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
BigSkeez0195
Embryo

Re: Floating Hair on Unit 01 in EoE

•      
  •      

Postby BigSkeez0195 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:36 pm

its always interesting to decipher whether there's meaning behind something as little as this. I feel like there's more to it. But can also understand the aesthetic reason. DAMN YOU ANNO!!!

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:16 pm

There is one Eva that has hair all the time: (Type Beta, sadly only appears in a game and thus isnt canon)
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

BigSkeez0195
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BigSkeez0195 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:17 pm

It adds to the assertion that it could be hair though! better than anything i can think of. I always assumed they didn't have any reason to have hair. Certainly doesn't seem beneficial for combat.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:07 pm

It is indeed hair. The Evas seem to be hairless by default, same as Adam and Lilith are. I guess the implication is that Eva-01 changes in some way once she ascends to super-godhood and leaves Earth. Interesting to note that when she powers down her ATF, she "petrifies" -- it looks like she turns to stone. But clearly not in any complete or permanent sense, since later on the armor is purple with some gray patches. My best guess here is that there is a sort of cocoon motif in play here. The armor is going to turn to "stone" and be shed to reveal, little by little, Eva-01's post-Earth form. Too bad the last shot of Eva-01 wasn't a fully unarmored and transfigured being.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:24 pm

View Original PostBigSkeez0195 wrote:Certainly doesn't seem beneficial for combat.

Quite frankly, a lot of things about the armor designs are not that beneficial for combat.

But historically, long hair on males was generally associated with people from the higher classes in general and warriors in particular even if they did not have it open when facing combat for reasons obvious, so there might be something about Evas being higher beings or their purpose of fighting, if you really want to see a connection there
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”