Speculation on Jet Alone

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: Speculation on Jet Alone

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:42 pm

I can't see the Jet Alone overpowering Unit 01 in berserk, I don't think it's more powerful than that.

I think that Gendo (and SEELE) simply didn't need an angel destroyed incapable of triggering an Impact.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:05 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Actually, aside from a few mentions of budget in Ep 02, Ep 07 is the first episode that addresses finances in the Eva verse. Ritsuko discusses the repair budget after Operation Yashima, and Gendo has a conversation with a man about budgets being voted on and approved for various Evas around the world. These details about budget also are paired with the episode that first explores Nerv's shadier side.

Overall, the connection between budget, Nerv's shadiness, and the JA sabotage seems to be deliberate. I imagine Nerv eliminating financial competition to secure a budget for itself is not far off the mark.

Wait, really?
Damn, I really need to rewatch NGE... how could I forget that :facepalm:
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Storm
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Storm » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Effectively unlimited endurance is a valuable thing, if combined with a way to neutralize AT fields. (Replica Lances, perhaps?) It also seems likely, at least to me, that JA was considerably cheaper than an Eva to build and operate, didn't depend on the ugliness of child pilots, and quite possibly could be mass-produced in a cost-effective way.

JA is slow and ugly, but thirty of them with anti-AT-Field weapons against something like Ramiel seems like an effective weapons systems.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:33 am

View Original PostStorm wrote:Effectively unlimited endurance is a valuable thing, if combined with a way to neutralize AT fields. (Replica Lances, perhaps?) It also seems likely, at least to me, that JA was considerably cheaper than an Eva to build and operate, didn't depend on the ugliness of child pilots, and quite possibly could be mass-produced in a cost-effective way.

JA is slow and ugly, but thirty of them with anti-AT-Field weapons against something like Ramiel seems like an effective weapons systems.

Certainly true, but I dont know about the "slow" part. Unit 01 is pretty quick on foot and seemed to have trouble catching up to it
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

mys_721tx
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby mys_721tx » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:23 pm

View Original PostStorm wrote:Effectively unlimited endurance is a valuable thing, if combined with a way to neutralize AT fields. (Replica Lances, perhaps?) It also seems likely, at least to me, that JA was considerably cheaper than an Eva to build and operate, didn't depend on the ugliness of child pilots, and quite possibly could be mass-produced in a cost-effective way.

JHCI's confidence in cracking the AT field might be unfounded. Gendo was on the phone earlier in the episode talking to someone. It appears that Nerv provided falsified information to a Freedom of Information request. It is possible that JHCI knows the AT field only by name. Considering the faux lances are necessary for SEELE to initialize the third impact, it is hard to see SEELE allowing it to proliferate.

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:26 am

Wasn't this mech named after the character Jet Jaguar from the Godzilla series?
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:21 pm

View Original Postmys_721tx wrote:JHCI's confidence in cracking the AT field might be unfounded. Gendo was on the phone earlier in the episode talking to someone. It appears that Nerv provided falsified information to a Freedom of Information request. It is possible that JHCI knows the AT field only by name. Considering the faux lances are necessary for SEELE to initialize the third impact, it is hard to see SEELE allowing it to proliferate.

I guess. But on the other hand, there is dedicated Anti-AT-field-ammo (definitely in the rebuilds, not sure about NGE, but I think something like that was mentioned at some point), so if it works for bullets (actually no, shells is the better term given their caliber) it might as well work for other things

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”