1001 Animated Films You Should Watch Suggestions Thread - UPDATED 9/JANUARY/2018 (OVER 2900 FILMS!)

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

FrDougal9000
Tunniel

Re: 1001 Animated Films You Should Watch Suggestions Thread - UPDATED 9/JANUARY/2018 (OVER 2900 FILMS!)

•      
  •      

Postby FrDougal9000 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:25 pm

LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH SUGGESTIONS FROM DK VINE, TWITTER, OTHER WEBSITES AND BOOKS I'VE BEEN READING, AS OF 13:52 - 9/JANUARY/2018.

Hello, everybody, and Happy New Year! (Plays slightly odd, but somehow fitting celebratory music) I hope you're all doing well! Today marks both the first update to the 1001 Animated Films You Should Watch project for 2018, and the nine month anniversary of this project. To ring in the occasion, we've got another big update to kick off the year!

This update contains 182 films, which means that the total number of suggestions has gone a little bit over 2900 FILMS! It's baffling to think that in just nine months, we've nearly reached 3000 suggestions of movies, shorts, episodes, music videos, and all manner of subjects that define why animation is such an excellent medium, but here we are! I thank you all once again, and to the various websites and books I've visited as of late; I don't know where I'd be without you.

I haven't been updating the Facebook page since the last update, so I don't have any recommendations or write ups to offer you. Sorry about that. As for any possible plans for 2018, part of me does want to get back into video making (I used to make YouTube videos once upon a time, doncha know) but with a particular focus towards animation. However, we'll see.

In the meantime, please contribute with any suggestions/questions/ideas you have, share this project around to friends, and check out anything on the list that takes your interest! Thank you very much, and until we meet again, have a great day y'all!

-Jim McGrath/FrDougal9000
Pen-Pen died for your sins!

Return to “Film and Video”