Newest Eva Exhibit - Currently in Yokohama July 19 to Sept 7

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:23 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:That's the first time I see so much Q-related goodies!

There was the time 3.0 came out last year. :cringe: Movic then sold what was left on their website and some were sold at that exhibit in Australia earlier this year.

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Those cushions look comfy do they not?

Who's ready to furnish their Eva-themed room/house?

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:That Rei-in-a-tank is absolutely disturbing.

Better than naked Rei in a tank?
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:31 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Better than naked Rei in a tank?

I dunno, there's just something really creepy about it. The idea of this motionless replica of a 14-year-old sitting in a tank of orange fluid for all to see...Bleurgh.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Hey, I just realized that while there is goodies with WILLE's logo, there is still nothing with neo-NERV's one, only the pre-time skip logo.
Sure the old one is far prettier than the new "pixelated" version, but still that's the faction where the Rei(Q) comes from! :lol:
(Kaworu is with SEELE)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

monitoradiation
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby monitoradiation » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:58 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:That Rei-in-a-tank is absolutely disturbing.

Is it weird that i would buy it for my apartment if i could?
"0" is the past, "1" is the future, but "the present" is nowhere - this is an undeniable logic.
Among the countless parallel lines, I settle on "blasphemy" as my choice.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:16 pm

The Rei tank isn't actually filled with any liquid. It's just a solid plastic Rei suspended by wires in a tube full of air.

Kinda disappointing really. They could have easily gone for a silicone version with real hair suspended in a fluid and some pumps around to make the hair float. It would have cost 3-5 times as much, but would have been cooler :devil:
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:02 pm

I would say do it sans the plugsuit but this exhibit has a kiddy admission too. Need to reel in the fans early and have them buy from you for the rest of their lives. ;)
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

monitoradiation
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby monitoradiation » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:41 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:The Rei tank isn't actually filled with any liquid. It's just a solid plastic Rei suspended by wires in a tube full of air.

Kinda disappointing really. They could have easily gone for a silicone version with real hair suspended in a fluid and some pumps around to make the hair float. It would have cost 3-5 times as much, but would have been cooler :devil:

This is now my lifelong project. To make a life-sized silicone Rei floating in tang.... lulz.
"0" is the past, "1" is the future, but "the present" is nowhere - this is an undeniable logic.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:55 pm

View Original Postmonitoradiation wrote:This is now my lifelong project. To make a life-sized silicone Rei floating in tang.... lulz.

If you're going to dedicate your life to it might as well go big and dedicate yourself to making a live Rei floating in tang. Think of the possibilities!
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

monitoradiation
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby monitoradiation » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:41 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:If you're going to dedicate your life to it might as well go big and dedicate yourself to making a live Rei floating in tang. Think of the possibilities!

If i have an alive Rei i wouldnt keep her in a tangtank! I'd build her a library...

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:08 pm

In addition to the already announced dates and location the Eva Exhibit will be stopping over in Niigata from Feb 15th to April 20th 2014.

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2761.html

EDIT: Khara has tweeted that the exhibit that just opened in Yokohama will feature 30 additional pieces, including 20 from Q, and are inviting people to visit it even if they have been to the Ginza one last year.

https://twitter.com/khara_inc/status/491009739078115328

Sogo Museum of Art in Yokohama

airman4
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:27 am

I like the similarities of hair between mari and Asuka in the first poster of the thread

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: Newest Eva Exhibit - Currently in Yokohama July 19 to Sept 7

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:43 am

The Eva Exhibit is coming to Anime Matsuri in Houston:
http://www.asahi.com/event/evangelion/o ... uston.html

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”