Yui-Lilith Soul Gestalt, 'Rei'; and Eva-01's Souls

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
anonymaus
Lilith

Yui-Lilith Soul Gestalt, 'Rei'; and Eva-01's Souls

•      
  •      

Postby anonymaus » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:11 am

https://i.imgur.com/5C9mUM2.jpg

I finally collected thoughts I've been having for a while now about Rei and the souls inside EVA-01 and EVA-00.
Here's how it looks to me. Rei is Yui + Lilith (mostly Lilith.) EVA-01 is Yui + Lilith (mostly Yui.)
Lilith and Yui no longer have distinct souls. They were irreparably mixed together during Yui's contact experiment with Lilith's body.
Mixtures of these souls exist in various ratios within Rei 1 (within EVA-00,) Rei 2, and EVA-01.

It also contains a small theory about the third core of EVA-01 and why Eva-01 was able to initiate near-third impact all by itself in Rebuild.

airman4
Banned

Re: Yui-Lilith Soul Gestalt, 'Rei'; and Eva-01's Souls

•      
  •      

Postby airman4 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:22 pm

Nice one
I mostly didnt knew Lilith and Adam was combined inside eva 01 in rebuild, that's insane

I thought most evas had souls of their pilot's mother (like Asuka's mom is inside eva 02 and so on for toji etc )
If it's mostly eva 01 only why bother having other pilots who lost their mother as well ?

anonymaus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby anonymaus » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:50 pm

View Original Postairman4 wrote:Nice one
I mostly didnt knew Lilith and Adam was combined inside eva 01 in rebuild, that's insane

I thought most evas had souls of their pilot's mother (like Asuka's mom is inside eva 02 and so on for toji etc )
If it's mostly eva 01 only why bother having other pilots who lost their mother as well ?

The idea of adam being inside one of 01's cores is the most tenuous part of the image, but worth including anyway as food for thought.

I think all of the evas need the soul of someone compatible, although perhaps it's not necessarily that only the mother can be used, just that the mother happens to be the best choice in most cases.

I think the soul inside the eva unit needs only to want to protect the pilot with all their life. It's basically a way to domesticate the eva. I don't really understand why Rei 1 would want to protect Rei 2 though. Maybe this is the eva 00's performance is so bad.

anti_pope
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby anti_pope » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:58 am

View Original Postairman4 wrote:Nice one

That EVA-01 is made out of Lilith and Adam is not said. In Rebuild we don't know what EVA-01 is but in NGE it's made out of Lilith. With the souls we also only know that Yui is in EVA-01, the other EVAs we don't know it yet in Rebuild.

I think that in Rebuild, EVA-01 is one of the four Adams. That would explain how it triggered Third Impact and turned into a Giant of Light.

mys_721tx
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby mys_721tx » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:52 am

One issue with the theory is that during the battle against Bardiel, Unit 01 is controlled by the dummy system . Even though a clone of Rei is needed for the dummy plug, we learned from Ritsuko that all non-prime clones are soulless. Although there is the possibility that there is yet another piece of Lilith's soul for the dummy system, it might be farfetched to say that Unit 01 awoken because the resident soul recalled how Rei I died. In episode 19, Unit 01 rejected both the dummy system and Rei, it probably is safe to say that Yui was not entirely happy about what the dummy system and/or Gendo had done.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”