HAPPY NEW YEARS YOU BUTTS

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Had an NYE dinner with family and my uncle's family. Then watched rewatched The Desolation of Smaug, after having seen Battle of the Five Armies 2 weeks ago and a rewatch of An Unexpected Journey last week.

Yesterday saw Unbroken.

This year's goals:

-Improve self personally and professionally.
-Improve financial situation.
-Get back to Japan.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TomasJC » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:14 am

Happy Fashionably-Late New Year everyone! It's only been a couple of days, but I've already done things I didn't expect I would do anytime soon, like somehow I rode a horse. I guess there's a first time for anything.

As for resolutions? Live an enjoyable university life, don't be an ass to anyone, and play more sax.

This is going to be an interesting year...
"That's no way to treat an expensive musical instrument!" -Jim Steinman
"When I was growing up, there were two things that were unpopular in my house. One was me, and the other was my guitar." -Bruce Springsteen
"Alcohol is humanity's friend... Can I abandon a friend?" -Yang Wen-li
"...See you on the Dark Side Of The Moon~"

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:59 am

I said I don't do New Year's resolutions, but... I think I kinda want to now. After so many years of avoiding commitments to myself, I wonder if I've been doing it wrong for my personality type. In truth the reason I don't do New Year's resolutions is because I don't want to fail, and the easiest way to avoid failure is not to try. But now I'm getting to an age where living this way for so long has kept me a child forever. Everything I don't have that I want, I don't have because I don't even try.

So, for the first time in my life as far as I'm aware, I'm actually going to do a new year's resolution: commit to getting down to like 200 pounds by next year. Or, more importantly, failing that, for the reason I didn't succeed to be because I'd turned it to muscle.

I've observed my long-term psychology long enough to understand what motivates me and what doesn't. I think the reason I got it into my head not to do resolutions and the like is because most people fail them and therefore it must not be an effective means of motivation. But I'm not like that. I excel in school because I'm afraid of failure so much that I'm willing to put in the effort that it takes to make the grade. I'm a long-term commiter, but more importantly I have a strong record of achieving goals when they are attached to firm deadlines, and January 2016 is a firm deadline indeed. And also plenty of time in which to achieve a realistic goal that simply requires minor long-term changes in simple habits the most important of which I've already made anyway (for example, most of what I eat now is stuff I cook for myself which makes controlling what I eat a lot easier). I also feel like I know enough now to achieve my girl the smart way (e.g. diet is king), especially after experimentation with such this past summer (in which I exercised more than ever in my life but also ate terribly and in total got fatter). Where I've failed in the past has had a lot more to do with lack of a sense of purpose or reason to do the exercise or avoid the bad food because of a lack of any real hard goal set for myself than with the stereotypical lack of willpower.

The real source of this sudden desire to do a New Year's resolution like this, especially a weight-loss one, is seeing one of my Facebook friends, whom I went to college with, report on the success of his own weight-loss goal. He lost a crapton of weight and it's genuinely inspired me, because he did the super stereotypical thing of committing to a New Year's resolution of losing weight but then did the very atypical thing of actually doing it, so now I'm thinking, fuck, I can do that.

Here's to hoping I'll look back at this post in 2016 and smile.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:18 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote: I'm actually going to do a new year's resolution: commit to getting down to like 200 pounds by next year. Or, more importantly, failing that, for the reason I didn't succeed to be because I'd turned it to muscle.
A cautionary tale -- it can be surprisingly easy to bulk up if you start doing weights. When I started, I did an hour (including changing, showering, and warm-ups) twice a week, and in three months I'd put on 10kg, and none of my shirts fitted me across the shoulders any more. OTOH, it does keep the body-fat percentage (the only metric I consider worth chasing) down the easy way.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:26 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:A cautionary tale -- it can be surprisingly easy to bulk up if you start doing weights. When I started, I did an hour (including changing, showering, and warm-ups) twice a week, and in three months I'd put on 10kg, and none of my shirts fitted me across the shoulders any more. OTOH, it does keep the body-fat percentage (the only metric I consider worth chasing) down the easy way.

Yeah, I realize that what I should really be doing is measuring my body-fat percentage, but that's not nearly as easy to measure.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:14 pm

I don't like setting specific amounts of weight to lose, personally-- I never know how my body is going to react to exercise with regard to weight. I just go by how I fit my clothes, how I look, and most importantly how I feel.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:54 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I don't like setting specific amounts of weight to lose, personally-- I never know how my body is going to react to exercise with regard to weight. I just go by how I fit my clothes, how I look, and most importantly how I feel.

I've been saying that for years and it hasn't worked out for me. I need hard numbers that I can't weasel my way out of, and I set the number that I did because I've achieved it before so I know it's realistic. The lightest I ever was was 185, in college, which is lighter than I was even in elementary school. So 200 is thoroughly achievable.
System Administrator

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:23 am

I'm trying to get down to at least 200 lbs (91 kg) as well. And hopefully I'll obtain that goal within 2015. I've started working out, been doing it consistently inconsistently for about 3 months. I try to go 3 or 4 times a week but it usually ends up being just twice. I should really start eating less unhealthy, fattening food if I want to get good results. And I should probably have a more rigid exercise plan that covers more parts of my body. Really should be doing more cardio than I am. I actually managed to put on weight (about 8 kg) since starting! I know that a decent amount of it is muscle, the weights are heavier and my arms in particular have added mass, but I'm also certain that I've added some fat too. This gut needs to go.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:12 pm

I love how "HAPPY NEW YEARS YOU BUTTS" is now the standard thread for New Years celebrations.

View Original PostBobBQ wrote:My resolution is to continue preventing Faz from having the top worth on #egf. :devil:

You bloody ratbag.

Also, my New Year resolution thingo is to watch as many movies I've never seen before as there are days in the year.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Re: HAPPY NEW YEARS YOU BUTTS

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:50 pm

Happy New Years, butts!

This is the first NYE since '09 went into '10 that I'm not going to a bar and/or party and I'm pretty happy about it. Maybe I'm getting old... It's also cold as crap in Chicago so I'm glad I won't be running around.

Hope everyone has a good time tonight, or had a good time last night.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:33 pm

Happy new years everyone! Or as we say here "Buon Anno!", it seems very appropriate in a Evangelion forum. :D

Luigi shinji
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Luigi shinji » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:17 pm

Happy new year (boldog új évet :)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:05 am

Happy New Year from the East Coast, evageeks.
Moving Forward  SPOILER: Show
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:11 am

Happy new year, Evageeks! :cheers:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:28 am

Sing it with me now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrsSbjcKCBg

"It's been a long December and it's easy to believe. Maybe this year will be better than the last."

Hark
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Hark » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:13 am

Happy new years! I hope everyone the best of luck in this new year! I look forward to having a great time with you all in the future!
and remember to Take Care Of Yourself(s) ep15.
~anything broken can be fixed by you can never return to what you have missed~

Hark
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Hark » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:03 am

Here we are , all together.
A year has passed , hopefully for the better.
Amongst the trials that will come to be, do not fret thyne destiny.
Through both good and bad , valley and peak.
Only you can choose , your destiny.

Through life and love , death and hate.
These things are natural and come at there pace.
whether your a pilot or not this all rings true.
Your actions will define you, your past is behind you.
The time is now so don’t hesitate , but be mindful of the memories you create.

With these solemn and melancholic words I leave to you all.
I hope you enjoyed this little poem for all.
(if that’s your sorta thing anyways)

The new year is here!
I know I said this before but I wanted to add on just a tad.

May this year bring joy , happiness and love to everyone!
And may this year be a great one for Evangelion!
I also wish to all the characters of Eva , fanfic , non-cannon and Cannon , a happy new year as well!
The best of wishes!
~anything broken can be fixed by you can never return to what you have missed~

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”