Parallels between Unit Null and the Super Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Parallels between Unit Null and the Super Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:44 pm

While I was brwosing through some NGE artworks, I realised something that I dont think has been noticed by someone before:

The armor layout of Unit Null from Another Impact is very similar to the armor layout on the Anima Super Evangelion, apart from the shoulder pylons and some things on the helmet (the overall shape is still very similar)
SPOILER: Show
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ca/14/ce/ca14ce92ad4b5b53a81a718ec30d4240.jpg
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/eva ... 0421193026

The parts that are most striking to me are the shoes, legs and forehead, which are virtually the same

There are some differences, of course, but still enough similarities so they somewhat resemble each other

Plus, if one was to take this one step further, that could mean that Unit Null was supposed to be a superior version of Unit 01... maybe it even was the ominous Unit/Mark 07 that we have never heard anything of
(Sorry if I am missing anything big, Ive never really dug into anima and I dont plan on doing so until there is a translated version of it)
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”