Weird things happening to me after finishing NGE/EoE

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

WhoLovesOrangeSoda
Embryo

Weird things happening to me after finishing NGE/EoE

•      
  •      

Postby WhoLovesOrangeSoda » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Let's just say I can't stop thinking about the whole thing and I'm starting to see things everywhere. I swear I'm not hallucinating, just an overactive imagination.

List of weird things:

Saw Subaru dealership while driving home and the logo had sideways crosses just like Eva.

There are grey scratches at the bottom of the tea cup I drank from this morning. My mind etched the scratches out to be a sketch of Rei's hair and my crazy mind drew the rest of the picture. A hand-drawn Rei was staring right back at me as I finished the last drop of my tea.

Was watching a South Asian drama and two guys decide to lay down on some train tracks. I thought, "That's something Shinji would do" and "Whatever they're thinking (like I'm not worth it, I don't deserve to stay around), that's what Shinji would be thinking"

Also same drama: two women say several times to each other over the phone, "Apni ke?" aka "Who are you?" aka "Anata wa dare?" aka flashback to Rei's inner thoughts.

I looked out the window into the backyard today and my crazy brain started creating illusions of the pilots standing on the grass outside.

Every time I speak I feel like my voice sounds like some hybrid of Megumi Hayashibara and Ogata. Every time I open my mouth I hear Rei or Shinji speaking omg.

Feel like I'm officially in a weird state and I had to write this here so I can try getting it out of my thoughts.

Depressed Corn Man
Embryo

Re: Weird things happening to me after finishing NGE/EoE

•      
  •      

Postby Depressed Corn Man » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Yeah once I finished eva I started seeing it everywhere as well. It's weird but you'll get over it.
https://i.imgur.com/uMvmab1.jpg
*No longer as depressed!

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:45 pm

I agree with above ^.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:56 pm

the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:52 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Read this.

That is hilarious. I already feel like a magician. Although, if this worked, I would have been accepted to Hogwarts when I was 11, or whatever the school is here in the US from that sitty prequel thing, but I digress.

As for the OP, After I watched NGE and NTE the first time, I had dreams, and then started writing a fic based off of what I remembered of those dreams. It'll eventually work out of your system.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:00 am

Basically the moment I was past my second sitting (aka episode 17 or somewhere around that point), I started seeing NGE related stuff in absolutely anything.
Blue car with a white number plate? Unit 00 Kai, no doubt.
Eurasian coot? Sachiel.

And it only got worse once I finished the rebuild movies
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:35 pm

Once you're heavily invested in/freshly finished with a series, it's really hard not to associate things around you with it. The characters and questions posed for the fans to solve and debate flood my head at random sometimes, even without prompting or anything to trigger that train of thought. It's a really strange thing - Shows can change you like that man!
I do love me some Rei guns.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”