Sakura Nagashi Theory - Rebuild & A Missing Character

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
CaesarMagnus
Embryo

Re: Sakura Nagashi Theory - Rebuild & A Missing Character

•      
  •      

Postby CaesarMagnus » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:33 pm

anonymaus wrote:You will never convince anyone that Everything You've Ever Dreamed has nothing to do with Evangelion, for example. The musicians responsible for Everything You've Ever Dreamed were not Evangelion staff.

Can you read properly? When did I say EYED has nothing to do with Evangelion? I just said I think it was from Shinji's perspective.

Maybe the fact that you prefer to skim through others' comments rather than actually reading them leads you to making these silly mistakes.

"If you could hear the newborn's cry, sound and healthy / Ringing in the town you protected"
Please explain what this refers to if not Tokyo-3 and Shinji.

That, along with Everyone find love in the end means hope for the future. Does that imply that, as your fantasious imagination said, it's an older Asuka from another dimension talking to Shinji via SDAT?

If you disagree with the theory, please dispute the evidence I've offered on a point by point basis.

I think I gave you plenty of evidences, from official videos having nothing to do with this hyperdimension-romance, to quotes and other facts. But well, if you can't see them, it's not my problem.

And then, you dare accusing me of not debating, when you've been constantly replying to everyone in an arrogant tone:
To C.T. 1290: "There's many different fragments of evidence at this point, none of which can be restated quickly. It would also take up a lot of space. Check my previous posts and the OP". Or to Joseki: "Either way that's not too important to this theory, I was just using Thanatos as a potential example of Asuka talking through songs.", saying it as if you didn't want to admit your mistake of saying Thanatos is sung by Asuka.

It's you who have to prove others the feasability of this nonsensical fanwank with solid evidences, not just some similarities and vague connections here and there. But no, all you do is to make artistic panels or have epiphanies, and then show them as the absolute truth of the world.

You can say all day that you dislike the theory and it offends your sensibilities, which is not surprising for anyone familiar with your post history, but you're not winning hearts and minds with your outrage.

Says the narcissitic genius who comes up with "conclusive" theories, and have multidimensional "epiphanies" listening to songs. Yes, very funny.

---

@Felipe: Of course the songs resonate with Shinji, and I think I said it on my previous post. They can be generic songs too, without any specific relation with the cast. But all this "theory" about Asuka being on a different universe and sending cryptic messages simply sounds like a paranoia.
Asuka's loyal Knight.

"We all have to find our own answers." - Hideaki Anno

anonymaus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby anonymaus » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:45 pm

I don't think it's actually possible to discuss a theory like this with someone who can't understand why Komm Süsser Tod is clearly, as plainly as anything in EVA, narrated by Asuka
It's like trying to go over the plans to build a dam with somebody who's arguing with you that water isn't wet

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 am

Okay, why do you think KSD is narrated by Asuka clearly and with no other alternatives? You can't just expect us all to come to the exact same conclusions as you (and at least some more people seem to think it's from Shinji's perspective seeing there's a note about it in the wiki page) without explaining why you think we might be wrong.

Look, I think this is a very nice theory, but it's just the sort of thing that we really can't prove beyond a doubt, as much as it would personally please me, at least not until 3.0+1.0 comes around. It's on the same level of something like "In the Evaverse, Japan won WW2!", as though that probably couldn't be said of 90% of anime anyway.

CaesarMagnus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CaesarMagnus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:30 am

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Komm,_s%C3%BCsser_Tod
Wiki EvaGeeks wrote:Although the singer is a female, this song seems to be about Shinji's feelings once Third Impact occurs.

Who's the ignorant who says that water isn't wet, anonymaus?

Maybe it's you, or maybe EVA forums are just full of ignorants who can't see the truth before their eyes.
Asuka's loyal Knight.

anonymaus
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby anonymaus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:45 am

Why would you link some random wiki article and think this is evidence?
Please stop polluting this thread because the theory makes you angry for personal reasons. You have this nasty habit of carpetbombing every thread that goes against your bizarre slanted views with giant walls of spam that have little to do with the thread. You're adding noise to the discussion and watering it down.

I won't be giving you any more attention in this thread, so you can stop posting now.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:09 am

Knock off the personal attacks.

CaesarMagnus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CaesarMagnus » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:19 am

Still no explanation, just a childish tantrum. If that's how you defend your ideas, you better find another way. Actually, you did the same when I proved you (with clear evidences) on another thread that "I Need You" wasn't the specific title of the Last Scene. But, of course, anyone who doesn't agree with your genial ideas is not worth being heard. When you’re shown arguments that prove your “evidences” wrong, you just flee.

Obviously, the Wiki of Evageeks is far from being an official source, but the fact it's there means that there's a certain consensus on the fact KST is sung from Shinji's perspective. So it’s not just a bunch of us ignorants who believe that, but actually a notorious part of fandom. However, it's funny how you've avoided admiting that, and acknowleging your words ("Komm Süsser Tod is unarguably sung from Asuka's perspective") were full of an immature arrogance.

"Giant walls of spam that have little to do with the thread" you said? Well, if that's how you see it, you should seriously re-think what the hell you're doing on a discussion forum like this. Maybe you thought people here would only praise you for your imaginative panels and far-fetched theories, and thus, when you receive criticism, you just get angry and hide, like an ostrich. Very fine. This "theory" was already quite nonsensical and fantasious, but seeing how poorly you're defending it, makes me see it had no real basis but your own imagination.

I won't "pollute" your threads anymore, don't worry. They're already polluted enough even if my evil presence isn’t in them.
Asuka's loyal Knight.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:28 am

Whew, relax folks. No need to stop being civil.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:32 am

Thread is getting a timeout because certain parties can't or won't follow staff directives.

Asuka'sBigBrother
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:46 am

Eva's complex enough man.
Just a big bro looking out for sistah

Mess with this crew, and I'll give you a blister

Asuka'sBigBrother
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:48 am

I'm crossing my fingers something like this males up the story, if executed well(and boi would the execution be a daunting challenge), it would do wonders for the story and the lore as a whole. Off course it could also just end up a huge convoluted mess...
Just a big bro looking out for sistah

Mess with this crew, and I'll give you a blister

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:16 pm

SohryuDAT is a very fun but obviously flawed theory.

Either way, our friends at the, ahem, zuccy social network have found some interesting details:

続けて、今回の出演で歌唱する楽曲「桜流し」について宇多田は言及。東日本大震災が発生した2011年3月11日、「その少し後に映画関係でお話が来て、書こうとなっときに、どうしてもそこに思いを馳せて書き始めた曲ですね」と振り返った。

2度ほど作詞をしたことがあるというタモリがその労苦について語ると、宇多田は「私は音で聞こえてくるんですよ。最初にメロディとか、コードとかを書き上げてあって、歌詞は最後じゃないと書けないです」と話し、「一番、とりかかるのが億劫になる作業ですね」と自身にとっても歌詞作りは難作業であることを明かした。

https://www.musicvoice.jp/news/47443/

Besides Utada not having watched any of the movies or read their scripts beforehand (as she'd later reaffirm regarding OLK being the first case when she did so), she was requested to simply write the song based on how she felt (apparently after some very vague details), and chose instead to draw on her mother's recent death (something I myself had theorized), and, more interestingly, on the then-recent 2011 Japanese earthquake.

So I believe that might settle the matter regarding any of the songs having seekrit meanings, since I have also recently found one interview about Beautiful World.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”