Lilith in human history

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
anti_pope
Embryo

Lilith in human history

•      
  •      

Postby anti_pope » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:14 pm

So, I hope there are still enough people around here for a little discussion about that.

What I asked myself is, what did Lilith in the history of humanity? Did she just sleep in the Black Moon or did she wander around on the surface? And when she was in the Black Moon, do you think someone found her before SEELE and GEHIRN did? The Black Moon is like a huge cave under ground and maybe there was a crack in the "hull" and someone got in and found Lilith.

That's a topic I'm really interested in and maybe an interesting discussion get's started ^^

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Lilith in human history

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:53 pm

I would like to think that Lilith walked around at first and in doing so s/he influenced ancient mythology as in it there are many references to Star people in some mythologies that would be very fitting to Lilith in that she'd be part of the mythology but humanity not really realizing it.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2017/01/02/the-star-people-extraterrestrials-from-a-native-american-first-nations-perspective/
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:04 am

I always just thought that she landed and stayed in her egg as she created life. The idea of her guiding early humanity is certainly an interesting one, though.
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

Bhorium
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bhorium » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:20 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:I would like to think that Lilith walked around at first and in doing so s/he influenced ancient mythology as in it there are many references to Star people in some mythologies that would be very fitting to Lilith in that she'd be part of the mythology but humanity not really realizing it.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2017/01/02/the-star-people-extraterrestrials-from-a-native-american-first-nations-perspective/

I have pretty much the same idea, only that Lilith is the inspiration for various Mother goddess figures in early societies.
Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:34 am

Hate to sound like a stick in the mud, but I highly doubt Lilith wandered around the Earth's surface, personally. I mean, she landed on Earth so long ago, there would be no way of people finding out about her arrival from the stars unless she telepathically communicated with them. And, if that were the case, and she were interested in influencing her descendants like that, I figure her ATF'd be powerful enough she could do that from a distance, without leaving her physical location.

Anyway, Mother goddesses can come from elsewhere. Though I do like the topic: This is definitely an interesting line of thought. Thanks, OP! ^_^
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

anti_pope
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby anti_pope » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:18 am

View Original PostCybermat47 wrote:I always just thought that she landed and stayed in her egg as she created life. The idea of her guiding early humanity is certainly an interesting one, though.

I have read somewhere (I think the evageeks wiki) that Lilith wandered around the world as to spread her LCL to create life, so it's very possible that she was on the surface of earth afterwards ^^

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”