Jurassic World

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Re: Jurassic World

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:35 pm

The chemical used to make gasoline repellant to humans would work for that. That’s not the dumb part.

The dumb part is that the animal is clearly killing for pleasure and is intelligent enough to have object permanence. It wouldn’t need to find him, it should know where he went.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Wow. This trailer does absolutely nothing for me. Even Jeff Goldblum's presence couldn't redeem it.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:12 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The chemical used to make gasoline repellant to humans would work for that. That’s not the dumb part.

The dumb part is that the animal is clearly killing for pleasure and is intelligent enough to have object permanence. It wouldn’t need to find him, it should know where he went.

Fair point I thought maybe that was just Hollywood making up a magic bullet similar to what they did with the the classic Predator movie where Arnold's character coated himself in mud though in the context of the film this works because the story carries it and the character is likeable and well established and your rooting for him to win by the end, where as Prats character in my view puts you off as soon as he shows up on screen.

So by the time it got to that car scene I wanted him gone since the franchise in the past has shown that posturing has no place and comes with a huge price tag where the dinosaurs are concerned as it was shown with the hunter in Jurassic park 2 who desperation to hunt a male Rex as a trophy got all of his close friends killed and had to come to realization that they died because of him and that his trophy's cost was far to high.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:54 am

On the I-Rex killing for pleasure. It's genetically engineered, some of it's teeth are growing out of it's jaw wrong, has roughly the intelligence of a Chimp or Dolphin in the body of a Elephant, and has albinism. This is an animal that's sick, and pissed off and always wants to take it's anger out on something. I don't have a problem with it killing indiscriminately.

The concept of the I-Rex isn't bad, but I feel the marketing and writing let it down. They could have said a throwaway line like. "What we tried to do was create a species that would have evolved if the Meteor had never wiped the dinosaurs out". and that would have gone miles making the I-Rex more interesting. Especially considering one of the better ideas in JP3 was that the Raptors may have been evolving sentience and feelings for their offspring.

Personally, I think another studio should try their hand at making another dinosaur movie franchise to compete with JP. I mean, PJ's King Kong movie despite it's flaws made a fan of old school pulp novels like me giddy with joy with all the creative takes on Dinosaurs in that movie. (seriously look up the art book for that movie sometime, Cadaverosaurus is a great concept and it's a shame it never made it into the final film). You could make a Pellucidar movie with the old school dinosaurs with the dragging tails and carnivorous triceratops like in those pulp novels. Or hell, Marvel could make a Ka-Zar and Shanna movie about the Savage land. I want more dinosaur movies, I don't care how.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:52 pm

Even engineered animals can’t evolve in one generation. It would be better if it was revealed they were always complex animals but behaved the way they did because of barbaric treatment.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:29 pm

New Superbowl Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWZ6Qzk6WBw

Apparently the 'Rescue The Dinosaurs From The Exploding Island" is only one part of the plot.

From what I can glean from the trailer. It's basically going to be a (hopefully) better version of The Lost World Jurassic Park. Rival Corporation/Criminal organization goes to the Island to steal a few dinosaurs and sell them off to the highest bidder. Hey, since the Island is going to blow anyways, who's going to know?

Also. More Scary Moments with the new dinosaur. A kid in peril, because we need at least one kid character in a Jurassic Park Movie.

Edit: Jeff Goldblums Jurassic Park Superbowl Commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMOljrWUUXc

This is probably the best Superbowl commercial of the year.
Shame it's not a moment in the actual movie.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:26 pm

JW-Dominion!
Prologue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkEU6fC_nhY
Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb5ELWi-ekk

The feathered raptor looks surprisingly cool.
Glad the Dilophosaurus is getting used.
They really didn't need to repeat the bigger badder boss Dino trope again after the Spinosaurus & Indominus.

I haven't watched the other 2 JWs yet but going by their reception I have just 2 primary deal-breaker wishes for this ending.

- As I said in the wishlist thread: Do NOT waste, humiliate or kill off Neil, Dern or Goldblum.
- Do NOT go for a quasi Planet of the Apes apocalyptic ending, that is some cheap Carnosaur type shit that doesn't come close to fitting this franchise tonally or otherwise.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:51 pm

So I think this is gonna be a king of the monsters/Jurassic world 2 mash up

Here is why

SPOILER: Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVI1i0WoQ-k

Colin Trevorrow is no longer writing this, on his own which is for the better as he can't write women for shit and learns hard on outdated negative stereotypes. Which I assume is why Emily Carmichael to co-write with him to keep him away from this and write a better, more coherent story. Though, she is an unknown, so it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

The toy line points massively to people catching dinosaurs, though I think this will be either as trophies or for their own attractions or to send them back to a new Jurassic Park, but the hunt for dinos is earth scale.

I think the reason for the crazy population boom is Dr. Henry Wu as I think the facility shown in the trailer is his, and he is releasing hundreds of new dinosaurs from InGen's list even ones that never made it on like the true feathered raptors and Quetzalcoatlus. Because the guy has lost his mind and wants them to cleanse the earth of humanity, so year-on-year more and more show up breed with others, causing this population explosion.

I expect a five to ten year jump to make this believable and that Wu has moved his growing facility at least 4 times and for the original T Rex to die but not before eating him as she is now the last survivor from the original franchise and her main role is now chewing on bad guys.

Important side note If they kill ANY of the classic cast, shit on them or make them out as stupid or pathetic compared to the new cast I will not pay to see this film...if they die I will never watch it. Also, doing this dick move will be to their detriment long term as people who watched both trilogies will not watch this long term as knowing your beloved characters dies can ruin a franchise for you.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:15 pm

Other than the original three surviving adults from the first trilogy, do you think the surviving children will appear grown up? If they can't get all of them, just Tim and Lex would be a terrific way of showing they haven't forgotten their roots.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:45 am

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Other than the original three surviving adults from the first trilogy, do you think the surviving children will appear grown up? If they can't get all of them, just Tim and Lex would be a terrific way of showing they haven't forgotten their roots.

I've heard Ariana Richards who played Lex has left the industry to become a painter, Richards is in the tremors franchise and reappeared in Tremors 3 as she was in Tremors 1, while Tim tJoseph Mazzello is still acting.

I do really love this idea though, and I always wished they'd been in Jurassic Pak 2 more than a cameo, but I don't trust Trevorrow and I could see him recasting sexy Lex and macho Tim as he just doesn't get this franchise at all.

He thinks It's just about the big bad dinosaurs and genetic buyers and sellers, when in reality it's about not cloning things out of your control and how you can't control nature in my view. As characters like prat died in the other Jurassic Park franchise as they believed they could control it, tame it and the islands didn't care for people like this.

It's sad as this is what it should have been a hand-over to them, not Chris Prats or Dallas Howard characters. I hope though someone reads this idea and does a bunch of canon novels on it.

Octol
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Octol » Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:06 am

It'll be interesting to see the dinos in a densely populated urban environment compared to the more isolated islands in the previous films. There'll be much more carnage.

Anything is better than the apparent dino/human hybrid plot that was apparently cooked up for one of the world films.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:27 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:
View Original PostGus Hanson#934405 wrote:Other than the original three surviving adults from the first trilogy, do you think the surviving children will appear grown up? If they can't get all of them, just Tim and Lex would be a terrific way of showing they haven't forgotten their roots.

I've heard Ariana Richards who played Lex has left the industry to become a painter, Richards is in the tremors franchise and reappeared in Tremors 3 as she was in Tremors 1, while Tim tJoseph Mazzello is still acting.

I do really love this idea though, and I always wished they'd been in Jurassic Pak 2 more than a cameo, but I don't trust Trevorrow and I could see him recasting sexy Lex and macho Tim as he just doesn't get this franchise at all.

Duly noted. I haven't seen any of the Tremors movies including the ones featuring Ariana Richards and I am not sure if this was something I remember from an interview she had or just a pipe dream but she supposedly said she would love to come back as Lex. As for Joseph Mazzello, maybe they will get luckier in casting him especially since his performance as John Deacon in Bohemian Rhapsody was solid gold.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:43 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote: Duly noted. I haven't seen any of the Tremors movies including the ones featuring Ariana Richards and I am not sure if this was something I remember from an interview she had or just a pipe dream but she supposedly said she would love to come back as Lex. As for Joseph Mazzello, maybe they will get luckier in casting him especially since his performance as John Deacon in Bohemian Rhapsody was solid gold.

Richardson is excellent in both tremors 1/3 though by 3 she is a teenager but in the first she is a kid, and you can see the sparks there of the great actor she is going to become, along with her return in 3 where her and mom have his great plot line about becoming financially stable by catching a graboid.

My feelings are a series could still happen if the final film is a flop or is panned as Netflix own the series Jurassic Park rights, but they're doing kids cartoons currently. So they could have this scenario where they create a series, say Jurassic World never happened and this in the first canons original timeline. I bet they could pay Richardson and Mazzello a wack of cash to make them return, along with old cast cameos.

As I got the impression that Jurassic World is in reality an AU timeline as Trevorrow said only Jurassic Park happened then Jurassic World carries on after the 1st film. So any creator could just go oh well screw Trevorrow's timeline let's make a new one, it's the one silver lining of the Jurassic World franchise as you can ignore it and view it's as a bad misstep then write something better.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:27 am

I'm just excited that we're finally getting feathered dinosaurs in this movie!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:08 pm

I still dream of one day getting a 6-10 episode long premium channel prestige format adaptation of Jurassic Park which is faithful to the plot and themes of the novel, without Crichton himself dumbing it down or David Koepp script doctoring it or Spielberg inserting heavy handed messaging.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:34 pm

So, Empire magazine ran an article about the movie, which revealed some interesting tidbits about the plot. I'm going to list them under spoilers.

-- We're going to see a "pit fight" at some point between a Baryonyx and an Allosaurus.
-- The BioSyn Valley is located in Italy's Dolomite Mountains
-- Giant locusts, apparently created by BioSyn, are going to play a major role in the movie.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:30 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:So, Empire magazine ran an article about the movie, which revealed some interesting tidbits about the plot. I'm going to list them under spoilers.

Giant locusts, apparently created by BioSyn, are going to play a major role in the movie.

That last one is such a strange choice as they could have picked Arthropleura instead as that thing is nightmare fuel I also wish they had Titanoboa or Cretaceous in this film as in my view they are way scarer than the Mosasaur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snA4A0it7c0

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:37 pm

A while back, on Reddit, a guy claimed to have seen Dominion in a pre-release test screening, and gave a synopsis of it. At the time, nobody really believed him, but a lot of what he said has lined up pretty well with what's been revealed since then in the trailers and articles. Here's what he said. Naturally, I'm putting it under spoilers since some of it does concern the plot. Read at your own risk!

-- The new creatures appearing in the movie are Giganotosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, Dimetrodon, Therizinosaurus, Atrociraptor, Pyroraptor, Dreadnoughtus, Lystrosaurus, Microceratus, and Moros.

-- The giant mutant locusts are created by BioSyn as part of a plot to monopolize the world's food supply. They are not prehistoric themselves, but they do have dinosaur DNA. Which I suppose means Colin Trevorrow's statement that there wouldn't be any hybrids in this movie was a lie.

-- Blue and Rexy have relatively little screentime, as most of the movie is spent following Owen and Claire around the world.

-- During the final battle, Rexy defeats the Giganotosaurus with the help of the Therizinosaurus, which impales the Giganotosaurus on its claws.

-- There are no obvious references to the Camp Cretaceous TV series, though it can be assumed it is still canon.

-- An earlier leak mentioned a scene involving a Plesiosaurus, but I couldn't find any proof of that in the more recent leak, so it was most likely cut.

-- Quetzalcoatlus, Pyroraptor, and Dimetrodon only get one scene each.

-- The Atrociraptors are BioSyn's equivalents of the Raptor Squad from Jurassic World, but they don't actually encounter Blue. Their involvement ends when they turn against their keeper and kill him; what happens to them afterwards isn't stated.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:44 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:A while back, on Reddit, a guy claimed to have seen Dominion in a pre-release test screening, and gave a synopsis of it. At the time, nobody really believed him, but a lot of what he said has lined up pretty well with what's been revealed since then in the trailers and articles. Here's what he said. Naturally, I'm putting it under spoilers since some of it does concern the plot. Read at your own risk!

-- The new creatures appearing in the movie are Giganotosaurus, Quetzalcoatlus, Dimetrodon, Therizinosaurus, Atrociraptor, Pyroraptor, Dreadnoughtus, Lystrosaurus, Microceratus, and Moros.

-- The giant mutant locusts are created by BioSyn as part of a plot to monopolize the world's food supply. They are not prehistoric themselves, but they do have dinosaur DNA. Which I suppose means Colin Trevorrow's statement that there wouldn't be any hybrids in this movie was a lie.

-- Blue and Rexy have relatively little screentime, as most of the movie is spent following Owen and Claire around the world.

-- During the final battle, Rexy defeats the Giganotosaurus with the help of the Therizinosaurus, which impales the Giganotosaurus on its claws.

-- There are no obvious references to the Camp Cretaceous TV series, though it can be assumed it is still canon.

-- An earlier leak mentioned a scene involving a Plesiosaurus, but I couldn't find any proof of that in the more recent leak, so it was most likely cut.

-- Quetzalcoatlus, Pyroraptor, and Dimetrodon only get one scene each.

-- The Atrociraptors are BioSyn's equivalents of the Raptor Squad from Jurassic World, but they don't actually encounter Blue. Their involvement ends when they turn against their keeper and kill him; what happens to them afterwards isn't stated.

I did read an old VOX web article from 2020
Which thinks that Chris Prat will die in the final I really hope this is for real and not a lame red herring though they were talking plans of a series I assume with Netflix as they own the JP rights, as he has done a movie with them.

Though again if this is true this is really barking up the wrong tree as no one likes his character and Chris Pratt is no longer popular any more along with Jennifer Lawrence and as an actor he's viewed as an idiot and utter tool. Netflix would do better to make a prequel series set before the final film without him.

VUX
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby VUX » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:45 pm

The Jurassic World movies are kinda hit or miss for me.

Because on one hand, I liked the idea of hybrid dinosaurs, even if they didn’t go all out with the ones they ultimately used in the films, because throughout the series, InGen was always messing around with genetics, so this seemed like a natural progression, the creation of a entirely new species that never existed naturally.

The other stuff though……doesn’t make much sense.

I just don’t buy the idea that humans and dinosaurs will now have to coexist, because I feel like it would be kinda easy to wipe them all out, seeing as there are not very many of them, and no matter how dangerous people say they are, they can still be killed by guns and explosives.

That, and they are now living in an ecosystem that they’ve never existed in before, and could potentially ruin these ecosystems with their prescience . It just doesn’t make any sense.

If you love these movies, more power to you, but I honestly feel like these movies have gone on for too long at this point, and the only reason they still exist is because of money.
"When life gives you problems..., get into the robot!"

"We VUX wanted peace with humans, until they day that insult was thrown"
"Where's you're ogrelord now laddeh?" Drek

Return to “Film and Video”