FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:11 pm

Maybe that happened, I was thinking either she didn't accept him or she was destroyed in the first fight.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:56 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:she was destroyed in the first fight.

Considering that Gendo was still of sound mind in the story, that definitely didn't happen.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Snow
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:23 pm

I wonder if there is any Cold War-themed FanFic around. It really could make an interesting story with such a setting.
Fuyutsuki did nothing wrong.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:04 pm

I started one with a sort of MuvLuv meets Enders Game vibe, but beyond that, I don't know of any others.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Snow
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:10 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:I started one with a sort of MuvLuv meets Enders Game vibe, but beyond that, I don't know of any others.

Sounds quite interesting. Do you have any link for a sample, or..?
Fuyutsuki did nothing wrong.

Asukaner117
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Asukaner117 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:51 pm

is there any fanfic that uses the end of the manga as a setting?
God's in his heaven all's right with the world

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:16 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:I started one with a sort of MuvLuv meets Enders Game vibe, but beyond that, I don't know of any others.

Well, if you think about it, isn't the Ender's Game vibe heavily present in canon NGE itself? Kids trained to kill aliens,
ender's game  SPOILER: Show
Finds out the aliens are actually sentient...

And the psychological depth of both is amazing, considering they both star a bunch of adolescents, and they don't suffer from the sanitization that often occurs in fiction featuring children.

I like Ender's Game.
(I apologize for the tangent.)
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:01 pm

View Original PostAsukaner117 wrote:is there any fanfic that uses the end of the manga as a setting?

I swear there was one but I can't remember its title of it, personally I wish there were way more stories in this setting as people could write that the kids are starting to remember the events of the past cycle hence bringing the manga full circle.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:46 am

Any post 3.33 Fanfic where Shinji meets an older Touji and/or Hikari? I'm having trouble moving forward with my own fic and I want to see where others take the idea.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:40 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Any post 3.33 Fanfic where Shinji meets an older Touji and/or Hikari? I'm having trouble moving forward with my own fic and I want to see where others take the idea.

I would recommend You Must (Not) Run Away by jcmoorehead as they cameo in there ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Cosmo11
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cosmo11 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:28 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Any post 3.33 Fanfic where Shinji meets an older Touji and/or Hikari? I'm having trouble moving forward with my own fic and I want to see where others take the idea.

Afterwards had a grown up Touji show up.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:13 pm

I hate to sound like I'm shilling here, but an upcoming chapter of my fic (not the next one, but the one after) will have such a situation.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:56 pm

@cyharding

Looking forward to it.

Asukaner117
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Asukaner117 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:37 pm

Why hello there ladies. I recently stumbled on an old idea for fan fic I had ~10-12 years ago. Just two chapters which are written in german and I thought it would be a good practice to translate them into English. Oh boy, that was much harder then I imagined. This is the first half of the first chapter. I was wondering if maybe somebody wants to take a look at it and tell me how it reads for a native English reader.

SPOILER: Show
Shinji couldn't help himself. Every time he had to enter a hospital his urge to run away sprung to life. Everything about this place triggered discomfort for him. The long corridors, the smell of disinfection in the air, the look of misery and pain in so many eyes he tried to avoid to make contact with. He hated everything about this place. And for the past 16 years, he had managed to avoid a situation like this, but reality finally caught up with him.

There was no running away from this.

His eyes scanned aimlessly the office while he waited for his doctor to get back to him, but neither the impressive display of academic success on the shelf at the back of the wall nor the beautiful sight of the Neo-Tokyo 2's skyline behind the windows to his left could put a halt to the storm of thoughts in his mind.

A week ago he had collapsed in the kitchen of Tojis hotel for everybody to see. For weeks his health was getting worse and worse, but staying true to his nature he played it off because he didn't want to be a burden to his friend or the people working under him. And at the start, it worked quite well, just a headache and sickness here and there, nothing that could stop him. But the headaches came more often and the pain they caused nearly robbed him of his mind and his vision.

The door behind him slid open with a faint mechanical noise and his doctor, a surprisingly young woman but nevertheless one of the best in her field as he had heard, entered the room. The look on her face as she took the seat behind her desk already confirmed what Shinji suspected.

There was definitely no running away from this.

+++

Beliefs are a funny thing. If somebody would have told Shinji back in the glorious days of being a student in class 2-A that Toji would grow up to become one of the best and most responsible drivers he ever knew he would never be able to believe it. Yet here he was, seated next to the tall and well-built man and he couldn't help but notice that Toji was indeed the exact opposite of his former guardian when it came to his driving skills.

Neither of them had spoken a single word since Shinji had left the doctors office. He felt strangely detached from everything around him, his mind still not able to fully process the results. He could see that Toji was getting more and more uneasy by the minute. At the second red light, Toji finally spoke up.

"Don't you want to say something?" Curiosity, worries, annoyance, all these things mixed together in his voice while he eyed the pale and slender man to his right, waiting for an answer. Being the friend of Shinji Ikari was no easy job, it has never been, but in moments like this, the differences between the two men became painfully obvious. The years after the Third Impact was pretty harsh to the young Ikari, the world wanted answers for what happened on that fateful day and Shinji was the only one how could give them. And then there was the whole psychological trauma and god knows what happened between Asuka and Shinji while they were alone in this world.

Shinji turned his head, the look in his eyes a mix of sadness and apathetic.

"The traffic light is green." His voice was quiet and devoid of emotion while stating the fact that yes, the traffic light was indeed green again and only now Toji noticed the sound of dozens of horns crying in agony behind his car. He could feel a wave of frustration and anger building up inside him. He shifted his focus back to the street and continued driving, suppressing all those ill feelings by remembering how Hikari used to calm him down whenever his temper got the best of him. She would have known how to handle a situation like that, she always had known. He missed her dearly, her death still looming like a big shadow over his life. She was so much better than him, and she was the only one how could make him feel whole. If there was any justice in this world he would have been in the car when the accident happened. But life was rarely just, and he had to accept it.

The rest of the ride was silent. The scenery on the other side of car window switched from a modern megacity to a quiet and traditional Japanese suburb. After a few more minutes it changed again to a green paradise of lush forests and steep mountains.
Managing a hotel was one of the few wishes Hikari Horaki had hold deer. And one of her many strengths was making people feel welcome and at home. So it surprised no one that her dream flourished and her small Inn in the mountains above Neo-Tokyo 2 quickly became one of the most cherished hotspots for families, couples, and newlyweds in the whole Hakone area.

Now, this was Tojis dream, but he did not share the strengths his late wife possessed. For him, it was a constant struggle, the hardest task he had ever faced as he used to tell Shinji once. And that had to mean something when it came from a former EVA Pilot whos Unit was taken over by an Angel. After Hikari's death, Shinji offered to help Toji to keep her dream alive, both by working as a chef and handy-man for basically everything else, mostly dealing with customers when Toji couldn't keep his temper in check.

Toji bearly managed the car to a halt as they arrived at the hotel when Shinji opened the door and vanished into the building without wasting any second. Toji watched as his friend disappeared without even acknowledging him. His knuckles turned white as he gripped the steering wheel with all the force he had, finally letting his anger break out with a loud cuss.

Damn you Shinji Ikari!

+++
God's in his heaven all's right with the world

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:31 pm

Here's a fic idea I've been toying with - an NGE/FMP crossover similar to my NGE/GW/GG crossover. FMP would be set after the conclusion of its manga, and would be set sometime in the next arc.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:07 pm

View Original PostAsukaner117 wrote:Why hello there ladies. I recently stumbled on an old idea for fan fic I had ~10-12 years ago. Just two chapters which are written in german and I thought it would be a good practice to translate them into English. Oh boy, that was much harder then I imagined. This is the first half of the first chapter. I was wondering if maybe somebody wants to take a look at it and tell me how it reads for a native English reader.

SPOILER: Show
Shinji couldn't help himself. Every time he had to enter a hospital his urge to run away sprung to life. Everything about this place triggered discomfort for him. The long corridors, the smell of disinfection in the air, the look of misery and pain in so many eyes he tried to avoid to make contact with. He hated everything about this place. And for the past 16 years, he had managed to avoid a situation like this, but reality finally caught up with him.

There was no running away from this.

His eyes scanned aimlessly the office while he waited for his doctor to get back to him, but neither the impressive display of academic success on the shelf at the back of the wall nor the beautiful sight of the Neo-Tokyo 2's skyline behind the windows to his left could put a halt to the storm of thoughts in his mind.

A week ago he had collapsed in the kitchen of Tojis hotel for everybody to see. For weeks his health was getting worse and worse, but staying true to his nature he played it off because he didn't want to be a burden to his friend or the people working under him. And at the start, it worked quite well, just a headache and sickness here and there, nothing that could stop him. But the headaches came more often and the pain they caused nearly robbed him of his mind and his vision.

The door behind him slid open with a faint mechanical noise and his doctor, a surprisingly young woman but nevertheless one of the best in her field as he had heard, entered the room. The look on her face as she took the seat behind her desk already confirmed what Shinji suspected.

There was definitely no running away from this.

+++

Beliefs are a funny thing. If somebody would have told Shinji back in the glorious days of being a student in class 2-A that Toji would grow up to become one of the best and most responsible drivers he ever knew he would never be able to believe it. Yet here he was, seated next to the tall and well-built man and he couldn't help but notice that Toji was indeed the exact opposite of his former guardian when it came to his driving skills.

Neither of them had spoken a single word since Shinji had left the doctors office. He felt strangely detached from everything around him, his mind still not able to fully process the results. He could see that Toji was getting more and more uneasy by the minute. At the second red light, Toji finally spoke up.

"Don't you want to say something?" Curiosity, worries, annoyance, all these things mixed together in his voice while he eyed the pale and slender man to his right, waiting for an answer. Being the friend of Shinji Ikari was no easy job, it has never been, but in moments like this, the differences between the two men became painfully obvious. The years after the Third Impact was pretty harsh to the young Ikari, the world wanted answers for what happened on that fateful day and Shinji was the only one how could give them. And then there was the whole psychological trauma and god knows what happened between Asuka and Shinji while they were alone in this world.

Shinji turned his head, the look in his eyes a mix of sadness and apathetic.

"The traffic light is green." His voice was quiet and devoid of emotion while stating the fact that yes, the traffic light was indeed green again and only now Toji noticed the sound of dozens of horns crying in agony behind his car. He could feel a wave of frustration and anger building up inside him. He shifted his focus back to the street and continued driving, suppressing all those ill feelings by remembering how Hikari used to calm him down whenever his temper got the best of him. She would have known how to handle a situation like that, she always had known. He missed her dearly, her death still looming like a big shadow over his life. She was so much better than him, and she was the only one how could make him feel whole. If there was any justice in this world he would have been in the car when the accident happened. But life was rarely just, and he had to accept it.

The rest of the ride was silent. The scenery on the other side of car window switched from a modern megacity to a quiet and traditional Japanese suburb. After a few more minutes it changed again to a green paradise of lush forests and steep mountains.
Managing a hotel was one of the few wishes Hikari Horaki had hold deer. And one of her many strengths was making people feel welcome and at home. So it surprised no one that her dream flourished and her small Inn in the mountains above Neo-Tokyo 2 quickly became one of the most cherished hotspots for families, couples, and newlyweds in the whole Hakone area.

Now, this was Tojis dream, but he did not share the strengths his late wife possessed. For him, it was a constant struggle, the hardest task he had ever faced as he used to tell Shinji once. And that had to mean something when it came from a former EVA Pilot whos Unit was taken over by an Angel. After Hikari's death, Shinji offered to help Toji to keep her dream alive, both by working as a chef and handy-man for basically everything else, mostly dealing with customers when Toji couldn't keep his temper in check.

Toji bearly managed the car to a halt as they arrived at the hotel when Shinji opened the door and vanished into the building without wasting any second. Toji watched as his friend disappeared without even acknowledging him. His knuckles turned white as he gripped the steering wheel with all the force he had, finally letting his anger break out with a loud cuss.

Damn you Shinji Ikari!

+++

This is a really interesting premise I would like to read more on it ^_^

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Here's a fic idea I've been toying with - an NGE/FMP crossover similar to my NGE/GW/GG crossover. FMP would be set after the conclusion of its manga, and would be set sometime in the next arc.

I think this is a really fascinating idea even more so if you had it so the pilots starts to remember the events from the past cycle over time as it would also tie up the annoying loose end that no one remembers anything hence the hard reset becomes pointless.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:32 pm

Question for Jcmoorehead.

Was there any reason you had Asuka and Shinji bonk in hand cannot erase/not run away? Everything else else is fine. But I have a hard time believing Asuka and Shinji would be having sex. Especially so soon after Shinji trauma.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:36 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Question for Jcmoorehead.

Was there any reason you had Asuka and Shinji bonk in hand cannot erase/not run away? Everything else else is fine. But I have a hard time believing Asuka and Shinji would be having sex. Especially so soon after Shinji trauma.

Hey.

The honest answer is that originally Hand.Cannot.Erase was supposed to be a one off, it was supposed to be done and wrapped up in about 5-6 chapters and because of that I made the relationship build up a little bit faster than I normally would have. When i finished Hand.Cannot.Erase people seemed to really enjoy it and the reception made me think about a sequel which I started to write and of course by that the relationship had been mostly established.

In truth it was a bit of a corner I wrote myself into and I think if I were to write it again I probably wouldn't have gotten them to that point as quickly. It was mostly because, as I said, originally HCE was a one off so things were a bit quicker than normal.

Lt Light Ark
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lt Light Ark » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:32 pm

Fic idea, after Shinji dissapears in the Eva after the battle against Leliel, someone does come back.

Yui Ikari.

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:01 pm

View Original PostLt Light Ark wrote:Fic idea, after Shinji dissapears in the Eva after the battle against Leliel, someone does come back.

Yui Ikari.

The only way this would make sense to me is that it Shinji somehow forced Yui out of the Eva out of some misguided desire to ease her suffering after not only learning that she's alive and deliberately put herself in the Eva, but her new state of existence has been hellishly agonizing for one reason or the other, and he believes she'd be much more useful for saving the world than "worthless" him.

Of course, this should logically lead to Yui freaking out and bitch-slapping Gendou and Ritsuko into dedicating every last second of their time that they're not spending on killing Angels into at least pulling her son out of Eva-01. And maybe have a few choice words with Rei and Asuka. Especially the latter. Need to help the redhead with her huge mountain of mommy issues, that's for sure.
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

Return to “Fanfiction”