From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Ekonomi122
Embryo

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby Ekonomi122 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:03 am

i wonder what would happen if Asuka and Shinji from EoE after third impact getting teleport to Rebuilt Universe .

Note : This is after 2.0 and one year before 3.0.

Just wonder how Asuka and Shinji ( EoE ) reaction in Rebuilt universe .

1. How Asuka and Shinji ( EoE ) reaction to WIILE and Rebuild!Misato ?

2. How Asuka and Shinji ( EoE ) reaction to Rebuild!Asuka ? I'm sure Asuka and Shinji ( EoE ) will have so many question for example is How can the Rebuild!Asuka have Shikinami Name instead Soryu ?

3. How Asuka and Shinji ( EoE ) reaction to Rebuilt!Shinji not to mention this Rebuit!Shinji cause near third impact ?

Asukaner117
Adam

Postby Asukaner117 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:49 pm

I was thinking about how cool it would be if there was an Indiana Jones style AU. Asuka the fearsome and daring adventurer, Shinji as her side kick and Rei as a cunning rival. Now i will be listening to the main theme on Spotify all day and think about all those exciting treasure hunts they could go.
God's in his heaven all's right with the world

Lt Light Ark
Adam

Postby Lt Light Ark » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:27 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:You missed it. I can count three off the top of my head: one where everyone goes back, one where only Asuka goes back but her attempts to smooth things over with Shinji in order to prevent everything from going to shit ultimately end up driving him even further away, and one where the pilots are timelooping and at one point, Shinji and Rei abusing the resets for training purposes ends up bashing Asuka's face in over and over and over again every single time the loop resets, which makes her more than a little pissed at the other two by the time it's over.

Do you remember that fic's name?

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:41 am

Nope.

I do remember that the training in question was physical training Rei was subjecting Shinji to. They eventually gave up when it became clear that while Shinji could remember the training regimen itself, his body's muscle strength, tendon looseness and joint flexibility was constantly reset, so there was no point to it all. But by that point, Asuka's frustration with repeatedly being smacked in the face by a metal bulkhead with zero warning over and over and over again was reaching homicidal levels.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:18 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Nope.

I do remember that the training in question was physical training Rei was subjecting Shinji to. They eventually gave up when it became clear that while Shinji could remember the training regimen itself, his body's muscle strength, tendon looseness and joint flexibility was constantly reset, so there was no point to it all. But by that point, Asuka's frustration with repeatedly being smacked in the face by a metal bulkhead with zero warning over and over and over again was reaching homicidal levels.

That's sound kind of hilarious along with Asuka getting hit over and over with the bulkhead as its one of these things that kind of black comedy in that its kind of funny when its not happening to you.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:31 pm

Maybe.

What is certain is that Asuka's anger very quickly evaporated and gave way to being creeped out when she saw for herself how desensitized Shinji had become to dying in order to reset the loop.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Ekonomi122
Embryo

Postby Ekonomi122 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Asuka and Shinji daughter from future want travel to past for change future but instead she time travel to past she end up in Rebuild Universe . How future Asuka and Shinji daughter from NGE universe react to Rebuild!Shinji , Rebuild!Misato especially Asuka Shikinami ?

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:28 am

Asuka and Shinji are the first beings out of instrumentality, dinosaurs are the next.

When I actually get to writing my story, I wanted a omake to be Shinji and Asuka running from T-Rex on the beach.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:24 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:When I actually get to writing my story, I wanted a omake to be Shinji and Asuka running from T-Rex on the beach.

Well Creationists do believe Adam and Eve lived alongside dinosaurs so it makes some sort of warped effed up sense.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:05 pm

...how would it affect Shinji's attitude to piloting (NOT personality) if he was genre savvy due to having watched mecha anime in his youth?

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:41 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:...how would it affect Shinji's attitude to piloting (NOT personality) if he was genre savvy due to having watched mecha anime in his youth?

That would come off more comedy than serious in my view as Eva are not like other anime so you can play on him being kind of egotistic and a know it all then have it go horribly wrong because an Eva is not a Gundam Wing. If I wrote that I'd even insert the joke that pulling the Eva controls a certain way makes it go backwards rather than forwards and have 01 smash in to a wall while having Ritsuko in the glass room above loosing her will to live, while Rei's face is a complete WTF and Asuka's just going idiot and Misato's going this is bullshit over the speaker. :D
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:03 pm

...Shinji? An egotistic know-it-all?

Even I wouldn't try to write him like that, and I know I'm a crap writer.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:16 pm

it wouldn't work Amita, Evangelions are all thought based and watching Mech shows really wouldn't offer any advantages.

How about Guyver?

Although what if the Evangelion were treated like dogs with shock collars? I know it would hurt the pilot but I imagine you could come up with something that would separate the pilot and the Eva when it came to the shocking. It would give greater control similar to a robot I guess.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:26 pm

What if the Evas were kind of like Undead or without a conscience and they animated the body by using electricity 2 fire up the synapses? Or they lobotomize the Eva to Grant the pilot better control.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:57 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:it wouldn't work Amita, Evangelions are all thought based and watching Mech shows really wouldn't offer any advantages.

How would one learn mecha skills from those shows? They never show how everything works aside from the occasional big, conspicuous button with fully context-sensitive and plot-relevant results.

I did ask about changes in Shinji's attitude. Like, not running away after Shamshel because he knows that events will conspire to keep him piloting anyway. In other words, running away is pointless because the plot always knows where you live and will find you sooner or later.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:02 pm

All they really have in there is a self-destruct button, an ejection button, the two handles, and some flashing buttons that most likely do nothing because the bridge bunnies are there to monitor shit.

So are you saying that watching anime is what would give him the personality change? Like he would put on Persona of a Mech pilot from an anime to cope with the real life shit?

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:05 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:...Shinji? An egotistic know-it-all?

Even I wouldn't try to write him like that, and I know I'm a crap writer.

I think your a great writer, so don't sell yourself short ^_^

I get what you mean though as writing Shinji this way I could see that being difficult, but you could subvert the trope in that he could come in and be all that in that he's an arrogant, unlikeable selfish prick and goes through an Asuka in that he looses all confidence and breaks down and becomes the Shinji we all know in the series. In fact you could twist every ones roles around at the start of the story then have them all falling in to there normal places by the end of the story.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:40 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:So are you saying that watching anime is what would give him the personality change? Like he would put on Persona of a Mech pilot from an anime to cope with the real life shit?

*sigh*

View Original PostI wrote:NOT personality

From what I've seen, touching anyone's personality outside a crackfic is an automatic "shun this as if your life depends on it" sentence on this site.

silvermoonlight wrote:I think your a great writer, so don't sell yourself short ^_^

Nnnnnope. If I'm such a great writer as you seem to think, why isn't anybody reading my stuff?

There's no point in denying reality.

I get what you mean though as writing Shinji this way I could see that being difficult, but you could subvert the trope in that he could come in and be all that in that he's an arrogant, unlikeable selfish prick and goes through an Asuka in that he looses all confidence and breaks down and becomes the Shinji we all know in the series. In fact you could twist every ones roles around at the start of the story then have them all falling in to there normal places by the end of the story.

Which would inevitably lead to people complaining about what's the point in him being changed if he's going to lose it all and end up vanilla!Shinji is.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:23 pm

I think the point would be to construct it and then to deconstruct it. Even him becoming genre savvy means a personality change. I would like to see you create the facade for him, and then take him back to his real personality. Otherwise Shinji isn't Shinji but a new character, his circumstance and insecurities are what Define him, as long as you let those shine through it should be okay.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:03 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:...how would it affect Shinji's attitude to piloting (NOT personality) if he was genre savvy due to having watched mecha anime in his youth?
Given his underlying personality, he'd probably err on the side of assuming he was in a kill-'em-all Tomino series, and would probably be more flighty for lack of incoming Bright-slaps.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Fanfiction”