Jurassic World

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Stillborn
Banned

Re: Jurassic World

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:17 pm

SPOILER: Show

Here's the JP tailored for your high standard, edgy tastes. The movie you deserve. :nyao:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:11 pm

There’s nothing edgy about destroying capitalism, hon.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:58 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn9mMeWcgoM

Far as I can tell based on trailer, plot is there's a mysterious/never-before-mentioned volcano on the island that's gonna blow so Bryce Dallas Howard puts on appropriate footwear and re-teams with kinda rapey Chris Pratt to go back and "save the dinosaurs". Which in dumb franchise logic means they and a bunch of disposable heavily armed grunts with guns will go there to blow something up (cause that solves things) and then the heavily armed grunts will turn out to have a secondary agenda to capture some of the dinosaurs and bring them to the mainland.... where they of course will break out and cause all sorts of havoc. Soooooo it's one of those not-a-remake-but-totally-reappropriating-everything-from-a-previous-film-in-the-series type "re-imaging" of The Lost World: Jurassic Park. Kinda like Jurassic World or The Force Awakens. Only this time without color because that's how we roll nowadays.

Oh, and since we only see Jeff Goldblum in a court room and he apparently only shot for a few days my guess he's only in the one scene.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:00 pm

There was mention of a volcanic Geo-Thermal plant in the supplementary material. If nothing else, the bond between Chris Pratts character and Blue the Raptor is probably going to give the story more of an emotional core than the last movie.

Besides, you don't go to a Jurassic Park movie for the human characters. You go for the DINOSAURS!

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:07 pm

The island in the Lost World is volcanic. I'm pretty sure Nublar is not, but the movies make up whatever they need anyway.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:12 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The island in the Lost World is volcanic. I'm pretty sure Nublar is not, but the movies make up whatever they need anyway.

In the books I don't recall Nublar being mentioned as volcanic though I have heard that Costa Rica does have volcano's but the two islands in the book are not attached. In my view this storyline feels like a throw back to the (1975) film The Land That Time Forgot as that had this odd thing where the volcano's on the island would randomly blow up.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:20 am

An Allosaurus, finally!
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:20 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The island in the Lost World is volcanic. I'm pretty sure Nublar is not, but the movies make up whatever they need anyway.

There is a volcano on Nublar

Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:25 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:There is a volcano on Nublar

That interesting because there's one in the original Jurassic Park map lay out but its clearly been moved for the Jurassic World story line.

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:41 pm

View Original PostCybermat47 wrote:An Allosaurus, finally!

Actually I think that's a Carnotaur.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:56 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:That interesting because there's one in the original Jurassic Park map lay out but its clearly been moved for the Jurassic World story line.

Ah. Volcanoes are only (tangentially) related to the plot in one of the books so I must have missed it.
the prophecy is true

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Saving all of the dinosaurs from an exploding island...

I mean, it’s “5-year-old boy’s imagination” cool. But it sounds way too simplistic for a Jurassic Park story. I’m already disappointed.

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:56 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Saving all of the dinosaurs from an exploding island...

I mean, it’s “5-year-old boy’s imagination” cool. But it sounds way too simplistic for a Jurassic Park story. I’m already disappointed.

I’ve heard that the saving the Dinosaurs plot is just the reason that they go to the island, like how financing was the reason they went in the first one.

That’s just a possibility, though, I can’t be 100% sure.
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:12 am

I don't expect much of the movie. I don't need the grand philosophical concepts touched, and Blue giving birth to Raptor Jesus and the birth of a new religion and what it all means. I want some cool dinosaur combat, Owen and Blue bonding and Rexy being gloriously awesome. And the fanfic fuel. ALL THE FUEL!
Another jaded man.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:20 am

Jeff Goldblum is just a cameo. Actual Goldblum statement to Empire Podcast about his role in Jurassic Park 5:

"It's small. Who knows, they may cut me out entirely! But if I stay in I'll be a sprig of parsley or a little garnish, hopefully with some impact!"

So I figure he's just in the courtroom scene to give a little speech with a lot of oohs and ahhs. Maybe two minutes tops either at the start or very end of the movie.

Also, everything from the trailer is apparently only from the first 57 minutes of the movie so yeah, I'm positive the second half of the film is gonna be the final 15 minutes of The Lost World only with more dinosaurs.

https://www.avclub.com/an-extremely-petty-breakdown-of-everything-dumb-in-the-1821134843

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:25 pm

It’d be hilarious if he’s testifying at the lawsuit over the events of the last film.

Anyway, fifty bucks says they kill the Rex in this one.
the prophecy is true

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:53 pm

Actually I'm too scared to take this bet. Sequels proved a great love for killing iconic characters, because it makes them more "dramatic" and "groundbreakin" and "serious" (I'm looking at you Star Wars).
Another jaded man.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:06 pm

I personally think the volcano is a set up event because then all of the dinosaurs are going to be in pens and then the army can have there naff stereotype commander come in and steal all the dangerous ones like the T rex and raptors and other dangerous stuff and weaponize them only to have it go wrong in a mayor city and cause thousands of deaths.

Followed by Owen flying in with all the I can tame the dinosaurs rubbish and stop them all including the Rex and Claire's new boy friend will conveniently die and then they'll end up getting back together even though in my view they had zero chemistry in the first film and there relationship came off as unhealthy and one sided...roll end credits.

Bonus points for if Owen's character berates Claire's character though out the film about her boyfriend and being even more of an asshole than the first film to send the clear message that she should be with him and isn't allowed to have a life outside of him. Second bonus point if her boyfriend is some how made out to be weak or called a wuss because he's not Owen and doesn't do macho things. :irked:
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

FrDougal9000
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby FrDougal9000 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:57 pm

Wait, the name of Chris Pratt's character was OWEN?! Good Lord, no wonder nobody could remember his name and just kept calling him Chris Pratt's character (or Smelly Twat, if they wanted to amuse themselves with some rhyming).

Alright, speaking as someone who found J-World to be an awful patchwork farce and figures this is going to be pretty much the same, I'm going to pitch an ending to the film, and I guarantee that it will better than whatever will actually happen (or will be more interesting, at any rate):

Claire finally has enough of being criticized for just existing and decides to ally herself with the dinosaurs in taking over the world. She climbs atop the T-Rex and orders the raptors to devour/rape Smelly Twat alive in a manner akin to what the MP-Evas did to Asuka in EoE. The island, now powered by the magical vengeance that allows Claire to command the dinosaurs, lifts off and travels around the world. Claire and the dinosaurs proceed to take over the world to the while Rime of the Ancient Mariner plays in the background, with many scenes of the characters being brutally torn apart. The dumb children and their awful parents are rammed by a Pachycephalosaurus, and Jimmy Fallon dies the same way that the babysitter from J-World died, because fuck him. And, in a move that may or may not go down well, the dinosaurs break out of the film and tear the audience of the movie theater to pieces. Their conquest of the world has begun.
Pen-Pen died for your sins!

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:46 pm

View Original PostFrDougal9000 wrote:Wait, the name of Chris Pratt's character was OWEN?! Good Lord, no wonder nobody could remember his name and just kept calling him Chris Pratt's character (or Smelly Twat, if they wanted to amuse themselves with some rhyming).

I confess I had to look that up, because I always refer to him as the sexist wanker never by his character name...great idea by the way him being eaten alive by a T-rex I would pay to see that since that should have happened in last movie with the scene where he was under the car with the Indominus Rex and he coated himself in petrol and somehow it couldn't smell him which was such stupid writing.

Nom, Nom, nom  SPOILER: Show

Return to “Film and Video”