Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 3x3 thread

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:26 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote: but Elfen Lied was rather meh.
Now I am confused. Elfen Lied isn't on either of those 3x3 of mine, with or without (it was on Paul's, but his didn't have Simoun).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:45 am

Well then I guessed wrong and Its 1/1 then.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

OurWingsareBurning
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby OurWingsareBurning » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:07 pm

I figured this would be a decent place to make a first post. I've only seen When Marnie Was There once but I have the Blu-Ray and it made me we weep like a baby when I saw it in the theater so I think it counts.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:40 pm

Welcome! We seem to have compatible taste, as my score for your image is 6/7.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

____
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ____ » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:16 am

Here is mine for now. It was kind of hard to think of nine that were without a doubt my favorite, even though when I watch something it either hooks me or I move on (with some exceptions, I don't watch anime too much).

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:35 pm

A new version of my 3x3 (Had to bump off two anime for two new favorites that I've recently finished). Favorite start with the center and continue up-right, down, left, and up.

Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

TheCarkolum
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TheCarkolum » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:23 pm

Mine is extremely biased. Here's some without any order:

“The tragedy of growing old is not that one is old but that one is young.” - Oscar Wilde

"Remember kids, a smart man knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!!"

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:30 pm

Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:54 pm

I always liked this thread.

Carkolum: 4.5/9 unless that top left one is Lain, then it would be a 5.5. I give myself a .5 for Zeta Gundam because I haven't finished it, then Eva, Tatami Galaxy, Texhnolyze, and Gunnbustah.

Kaz: 4/9, NHK, Jin Roh, KLK, and Madoka/Rebellion. Though Kanon, Elfen Lied and Black Lagoon are on my to watch list. I don't recognize the other two, maybe I am a tru n00b.

Mine, updated for 2017!

SPOILER: Show
Lain, Millennium Actress, Eureka Seven(new, took over Kiki)
Gunbustah, Ping Pong(still favorite other than NGE), Hoshi no Koe
Madoka(put in a Rebellion image as I like it more than the series), Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju(new, replaces Angel Beats!!, Bebop
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:11 pm

These ones came to mind right away and while there were others that could possibly be up here i couldn't see myself removing any of these 9....yet.

It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:18 pm

Been a while since my last shop job, this is a nice excuse:

Is guessing too hard for you?  SPOILER: Show
Daicon IV Opening
Planetes
Battle Athletes Victory
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers
I forget the name of the one in the middle
Negima!? (TV)
Working’!!
Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem
Seitokai Yakuindomo

@Mr. Tines circa Aug ‘16 : 4/5
Head-in-a-box gets the minus 1 for me.
I don’t think I’ve heard you gush over the Count, Mononoke or Dennou Coil before; probably the reason I haven’t seen those yet.
I’ve been meaning to watching Ballerina Duck at some point.

@pwhodges circa Aug ‘16: 2/4
Pluses go to Monster and Now and Then, although one does not exactly enjoy the latter. Haven’t actually finished Monster yet, I stopped around episode 400 or so…
Dropped Ryvius, and with maturity I can no longer see the “good parts” of Elfen Lied like I used to, unfortunately.

@Joy Evangelion ‘17 update: 3/5
Gunbuster’s dated. Liked Actress. Bebop is a plus 1, but I make it a habit to always say it’s overrated.
Still have yet to see Ping Pong, maybe when I go home for Christmas…

@KL7: 6/8
Have yet to see any space dandy.
I enjoy(ed) the top left one, but only when dubbed by the Ocean group.
Not a fan of Middle School of the Dead, despite the inclusion of a pinky in the ranks.
I’m not sure about the one in the middle, but I think I saw it and liked it. Maybe.
I see you used the wrong image for Fate/Zero, otherwise that might have made this a 7/8.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:47 am

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:@Mr. Tines circa Aug ‘16 : 4/5
Head-in-a-box gets the minus 1 for me.

I was sure that it would have been YuYuYu that you marked down remembering your comments about the last episode. Or have you mellowed on that since?
I don’t think I’ve heard you gush over the Count, Mononoke or Dennou Coil before; probably the reason I haven’t seen those yet.
I’ve been meaning to watching Ballerina Duck at some point.
Outside of correcting people saying that GONZO never did a good anime, the bulk of the gushing was back in the first of the "what anime are you watching?" threads of a decade ago, when I was watching the Count as catch-up, and the other two were airing.

@OurWingsareBurning -- 1.5/2, being more ambivalent over Paranoia Agent after starting to rewatch it about a year back, and not counting Texh which I dropped "like a ummmm ummmm a 2 ton heavy thing".

@____ -- 4.5/5 (since you picked the weakest of the JoJo's as the exemplar)

@Director Black -- 3.5/4 (Paranoia Agent again)

@TheCarkolum -- 3/3 I really need to take Rose of Versailles off the backlog sometime, having watched the first three episodes more than a decade ago.

@Kazuki_Fuse -- 2/2, not counting PMMM which I dropped.

@Joy Evangelion -- 4/4 comments as above

@::KL7:: 1.5/2 ditto

@ chazthesilencer -- 3/3
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:54 am

^Funny, I thought you would give Planetes a minus because I remember you taking issue with its ending.

No, I didn’t/don’t like Yu3’s ending (blimey, I’m not exactly the biggest fan of either of the Evangelion endings), but not enough to earn the whole package a thumbs-down.
Bad endings often do -but don’t always- ruin a good show.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:40 pm

KL7 : 7/7 Haven't watched whatever Fate show that is, and Jojo is on my longer form anime to watch list(I think next long one I'll be watching is Cardcaptor Sakura.) Don't know if I should say I did watch DBZ, as there were definitely a lot of episodes I missed(it wasn't my fault I had American football practice when they were airing the Buu saga). But I did play the CCG, so I'll say I watched it anyway. School Live rips, and I'm glad you liked my recommendation ReLife. Since our animmay tastes seem pretty similar I say watch Ping Pong(though people on here may be sick of me saying to watch Ping Pong).

Chaz: 1/1...guess which show we've both watched(hint, most fans consider its best episode to be Episode 07: The Human Creation/A Human Work). Rokka and Planetes are on my list though...and I have watched the video for "One More Time" and "Digital Love" many times. Re: your thoughts on Bebop; I think one can only truly appreciate it if they watched it for the first time on Adult Swim in 2002-2003, out of order and with the very overrated dub, haha. Seriously though, I think for a lot of yankee anime fans of my generation Bebop was the first "serious" anime we watched and it sort of got us into the genre as a whole. I can say for sure that without Bebop I would have never watched NGE, would have never gotten into anime, and my life would then seriously lack direction. Also, watch Ping Pong.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:10 pm

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:KL7 I'm glad you liked my recommendation ReLife. Since our animmay tastes seem pretty similar I say watch Ping Pong.

ReLife was great. It really hit home with me and I liked most if not all the characters.

Ping Pong is on my to-watch list...I'll get to it eventually...

Also,

Chaz 1/1

Joy 4/4

Kaz 4/4

Cark 1/1

Director 1/2

____ 3/3

Ourwings 3/3
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

Return to “Anime and Manga”