If Shinji were to die in the final film.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Lennik
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: If Shinji were to die in the final film.

•      
  •      

Postby Lennik » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:31 pm

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:So, what would Shinji have to do to earn everyone's forgiveness and trust?

Deciding to fight for humanity's future with no expectation of forgiveness or reward is a possibility I'd like to see fleshed out. Not in the sense that he's given up on life or trying to die, but in the sense of maturely and rationally deciding to be altruistic.

Or maybe it will be more interpersonal and he just has to be present. Like when the people he cares about are hurting and need some kind of comfort, he just has to show up for it.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:02 am

View Original PostSettie wrote:Technically they never said that, the one that told him the rest of humanity felt that way and blamed him for the state of the world was Kaworu, and he had ulterior motives for doing so.

What sort of ulterior motives could Kaworu have when he told Shinji that everything was his fault and that everyone "hates him" for it?
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:48 am

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:What sort of ulterior motives could Kaworu have when he told Shinji that everything was his fault and that everyone "hates him" for it?

Kaworu is described as Seele's boy by Fuyutsuki. As far as we know, his intentions and Seele's are more or less the same. When Kaworu lured Shinji into Terminal Dogma to retrieve the spears, Seele was confident that their plan was being fulfilled and they consented to being shut down by Gendo in order to join in Human Instrumentality.

By placing the blame on Shinji, Kaworu ensures that Shinji will be more desperate and willing to "fix things" by retrieving the spears. When you start to look at it like that, everything about Kaworu becomes suspect, including how unconditionally kind to Shinji he is. He's been manipulating Shinji the entire time in order to serve Seele's end. However, I also think that Kaworu genuinely believes Seele's plan is the best thing for Shinji, the key to his happiness, which is Kaworu's given motivation from the beginning.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Lt Light Ark
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lt Light Ark » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:49 pm

I think that if Shinji is meant to die (and I think he will) I think that what will happen is, I remember that one person said that the choker was meant to be, beyond a security measure, a way to force Rei and Yui to empower Wunder.

So if Shinji dies, considering that as a possibility? Unit 01 activates and Fifth Impact.

But this time Rei or Yui will not care and their only worry will be getting reunited with Shinji or bringing him back at the cost of the entire planet.

But my theory is iffy.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”