Writer's Choice (Please Read OP)

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Writer's Choice (Please Read OP)

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:05 pm

So, this is a thread dedicated to the writers to chat about their favorite fics or chapters of the fics they've written and the reasons why they chose those chapters to represent their best work. Every writer has to have a favorite fic, one shot, or moment from their plethora of writing, or an entire fic they think rises above the rest of their work. So, writers... take a moment and give yourselves a pat on the back for producing content for everyone to read, then start bragging :lol:

So, some ground rules
    > All fanfic writing in the realm of Neon Genesis Evangelion is on the table, including all crossovers, One Shots, or AU out there. However, if the story involves... extracurricular content, keep it SFW please.
    > This isn't just about your own work. Feel free to agree or disagree with a writer and tell them what your favorite chapter of their fic is and why, if you've read it of course.
    > No excessive hating on someone's work - if you don't like what someone wrote, constructive criticism is best, tell them how to improve, don't just rag on it.
Other than that, have fun and happy posting! ^_^
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: Writer's Choice (Please Read OP)

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:45 pm

I'm... not sure I have anything worth praising. I mean, sure, I do have a handful of regulars over on SV who keep telling me my stuff is awesome - but that's kinda a one-sided opinion. And of course there's also the fact that my one Eva fic worth noting is virtually unknown over here.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:00 pm

What's the fic's name? And not to sound like a putz, but what's SV?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:29 pm

Since I've only written one fic, apart from a couple of throwaway scraps, it's easy for me to choose! And I was learning to write as I wrote it, so the later chapters should be better, right? But in fact, while there are a few duds early on, there were also things I found hard to write later (action, in particular). If you want me to pick out the best chapters, I'd tentatively suggest 3, 14, 21 (for its experimental style), 23 (the heart of the matter), and 27 (added as an impulse after the supposed end, and making a far more satisfactory rounding off).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:56 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:not to sound like a putz, but what's SV?

Sufficient Velocity.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:38 pm

amitakartok wrote:Sufficient Velocity.

Thank you sir. Now I feel like less of a putz.

Is your fic only posted on SV?

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:02 pm

SV, Spacebattles, FF.net, AO3.

Of these, I only get frequent actual feedback on SV and the very rare comment on AO3; nothing else from the other two, though I do have 71 favs and 57 followers for the fic on FF.net.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:15 pm

From time to time I've flirted with the idea of doing a Crisis of Infinite Shinjis: Redux but after writing Chapter 6 of that work I felt like I'd said everything I could say.

My actual favorite, though, is Samsara even if it's overly sappy, sentimental, and cheesy.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:36 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:My actual favorite, though, is Samsara even if it's overly sappy, sentimental, and cheesy.

Nothing wrong with overly sappy or sentimental.

amitakartok wrote:I only get frequent actual feedback on SV and the very rare comment on AO3; nothing else from the other two, though I do have 71 favs and 57 followers for the fic on FF.net.

Well, on AO3, unless its a Shinji/Kaworu lemon, very little is said about them. I get a fair amount of feedback from FF.net myself, but my crossover got the most feedback which was interesting to see.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:27 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Well, on AO3, unless its a Shinji/Kaworu lemon, very little is said about them.

Which is the one thing I'm never gonna write without genderbending.

I get a fair amount of feedback from FF.net myself, but my crossover got the most feedback which was interesting to see.

Well, I did get one FF.net review earlier this week, with the reader having found a certain scene involving Rei hilarious. I'm not sure if I find it funny myself... though that might be simply because I'm the one who wrote it.

Return to “Fanfiction”