NGE 2 PSP or PS2 English Version?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Sliusarek
Embryo

NGE 2 PSP or PS2 English Version?

•      
  •      

Postby Sliusarek » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:35 am

Hi.

I'm not sure if this was asked before, but is there really not a single translation of NGE 2 game on both PSP and PS2? I just started learning Japanese, but I am not at the point of being able to read and understand what is happening. I am really interested in this game to the point of getting a PS2 or PSP specifically to play it, but I could not find anything about the English subtitles.

Is there something I'm missing?

KobayashiRiku
Embryo

Re: NGE 2 PSP or PS2 English Version?

•      
  •      

Postby KobayashiRiku » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:53 am

Aside from Reichu's work with it, endings-wise, nope. Not a one. Most licensed anime based games don't fare too well outside of Japan, for instance Orphen:Scion of Sorcery only rated a 54% from metacritic, Full Metal Alchemist and the Broken Angel scored a 56%, Same with Yu Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament. InuYasha Feudal Combat scraped a 52% (Those are just the ones I own) and while the DBZ fighting games did moderately well, and User scores tend to fare better, keep in mind that most companies aren't going to care what the users think, they want to know if the product is going to sell, and unfortunately, the anime fan communities make up only a portion of the overall gamer demographic.

-References
Neon Genesis Evangelion Soul Refrain - A Chance to Change the fate of the world

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”