Elder God
Elder God

Chris Ayres (Voice Of Frieza) Needs A Lung Transplant

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:27 am

This is terrible guys, just terrible.

http://shoryuken.com/2017/11/16/the...l ... ously-ill/
Sad news for fans, especially for those looking forward to Dragon Ball FighterZ . The voice actor behind Frieza — certainly an important and much-loved character in the franchise — is suffering life-threatening health difficulties.

Veteran voice actor Christopher Ayres was hospitalized earlier this year in Houston, according to the actor’s YouCaring page. He was diagnosed with End Stage C. O. P. D. (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), which causes difficulty breathing and increasingly severe lung problems. Ayers is in need of therapy, surgery, and is looking to receive a transplant that he NEEDS to stay alive.

Other than Frieza, Ayers lent his voice to numerous anime and video game works, such as Dark Water, Speed Grapher(a personal favorite of mine), Evangelion 2.22 You Can (NOT) Advance, 5 Centimeters Per Second, Dragon Ball Super, and Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2. There are a few more details about his situation over at the YouCaring page, which asks for donations to support his treatment.
Heres the link to his Youcaring page if you feel inclined to help him out. A few coins in the bucket could make all the difference.

https://www.youcaring.com/christopherayres-1010986
Remember guys a human life is a lot more important than being worried about whats going to happen to your favorite game or show. Pray for his life!

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Chris Ayres (Voice Of Kensuke In The Rebuilds) Needs A Lung Transplant

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:30 am

Just to let you know, that's Greg Ayres you've got a photo of and who plays Kensuke in the Rebuilds (Also Kaworu in the Directors cut), Christopher is his brother.

EDIT: NM, you've already edited it :tongue:

It's a sad situation, I'm friends with Greg on FB and I arranged for him to come over to the UK twice for conventions here. He's a lovely guy and I'm sure Chris is exactly the same, hoping for the best for Chris and his family.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: Chris Ayres (Voice Of Frieza) Needs A Lung Transplant

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:33 am

Can a mod move this to the anime section? I made a mistake.

Return to “Anime and Manga”