Shane Black & Fred Dekker to make PREDATOR Sequel

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Shane Black & Fred Dekker to make PREDATOR Sequel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:47 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Predators language?

That's here if your interested as the predator race is called the Yautja and they have there own culture and language its best seen in the graphic novel and book Prey.

SPOILER: Show
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:16 pm

It makes use of sounds not found in any human language, so why does it map perfectly to the English alphabet? That right there's some lazy work.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:39 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:It makes use of sounds not found in any human language, so why does it map perfectly to the English alphabet? That right there's some lazy work.

I didn't write this its off the fan site and is shown on the Alien Vs Predator wiki and I don't know where the fans got the translations from but I see your point perfectly it is lazy and I don't see this idea working movie wise. It would be much easier to have a predator speaking in human language fully than have a human learn a language that has never been spoken in the movie franchise once and that the general viewer will not get unless they've read the comics and books. Where as they could grasp the idea better of a predator talking to a human as in the movies there shown to pick up random words and phases and mock human beings with them.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:30 pm

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be a dig at you. And yeah, since we know the predators can mimic human speech it makes sense for them to pick up languages rather than an autistic human; it's not that the latter's impossible so much as that the former is well-established lore within the setting.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:14 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Sorry, that wasn't meant to be a dig at you. And yeah, since we know the predators can mimic human speech it makes sense for them to pick up languages rather than an autistic human; it's not that the latter's impossible so much as that the former is well-established lore within the setting.

No worries I didn't see it that way and I agree a predator talking just makes way more sense and it might suite the story better in that the predator could do it to the human character first to take the piss or belittle him/her its just over time as the two characters draw a connection and come to an understanding the predator could start to use the language fully and much more seriously. I remember watching predators and thinking that all off those predators should have been talking to the humans both to mock and harass them as its believed by some that they are in essence bad bloods (Hunters who don't conform to the rules of honour or codes and are criminals) as your meant to visit humans for sport and kill them not steal them and stick them in a space safari park.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Want some candy?
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:17 pm

A... version of the official plot has leaked online, it may be revised by now.

>30 years after the events of THE PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2, Lieutenant Quinn McKenna (Boyd Holbrook) is the leader of an elite team of Special Forces operatives. During a covert misson in Cuba to assassinate a drug lord, Quinn and his team happen upon a seemingly dead Predator in the wreckage of a crashed spaceship, and Quinn retrieves a piece of the alien's technology, which he sends to his estranged son Rory McKenna (Jacob Tremblay), an autistic savant who lives with Quinn's ex-wife in the suburbs, unaware of what it truly is.

>Quinn and his unit are later captured by CIA agent John Traeger (Sterling K. Brown), the leader of a secret department investigating alien activity on Earth and particularly the Predator's previous appearances in South America and Los Angeles. While they are being interrogated by Traeger, the Predator awakens and escapes to retrieve the stolen technology, and Quinn and Traeger begrudgingly join forces to reach the Rory and the piece first.

>Quinn and Traeger are aided by Quinn's team and Casey Beckett (Olivia Munn), a Berkeley University professor affiliated with Traeger's organization and specialized in Evolutionary Biology. Against them are not only the fugitive Predator, but also a ragtag team of Army lunatics, monstrous hybrids, alien hounds and a ten feet tall genetically enhanced monster known as "Predator 2.0".

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:32 pm

^ you had me until the last part. . . Still, at least it's a better plot than AVP and AVPR. Given the circumstances i'll take it.

But here's what I'm worried about. How serious are they going to try to make this?

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:38 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:^ you had me until the last part. . . Still, at least it's a better plot than AVP and AVPR. Given the circumstances i'll take it.

But here's what I'm worried about. How serious are they going to try to make this?

>Holbrook: “I’m currently working on Predator. It’s not a sequel; Shane Black has made something totally new, somehow keeping within the realm of Predator [while also being] absolutely new in terms of the story that we’re talking about today, and rooted in something real. It’s real fresh. I don’t think you’re going to see [Arnold] Schwarzenegger. It would kind of make it a gimmick. It’s horror, science-fiction and a western.”

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Please dear God let them release a Predator movie set in the Old West. I didn't know how much I needed that.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Two out of three of those paragraphs are fine, but the last is ass. If half of that crap is in the movie it will be a shitshow that leaves us begging the studios to give the franchise the Old Yeller treatment out of mercy.

Also, a Predator western is fucking brilliant and must be made.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:15 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Please dear God let them release a Predator movie set in the Old West. I didn't know how much I needed that.

There is a comic about that which is Predator vs red indians/wildwest. http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Predator:_Blood_on_Two-Witch_Mesa
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:58 pm

What I want is a movie where Arnold, playing a leathery old sheriff, must defeat the Predator during some kind of large scale conflict. Maybe it's a homage to Fhe Magnificent Seven, Rio Bravo, and other "town vs outsider bad guys" Westerns with the twist that the good and bad guys spend the third act holed up fighting the Predator as it picks them off one by one.

I want Clint Eastwood to play the mayor (who dies a beautiful death fighting the Predator) and Stallone in the movie as a grizzled half-Indian mountain man and tracker.

Get a bunch of action stars to play the outlaws and have cameos from all the scream queens. End the movie with he plucky mayor's daughter played by Kate Mara luring the Predator into a series of elaborate traps that ends with a blast of dynamite before she kills it with a shovel and the other Predators give her a trophy and facial markings.

Oh, and make the Predator super old and scarred in keeping with the theme of the movie.

Also drop subtle hints all the way that all the movies with Arnold playing action stars are in the same universe and the Sheriff Arnold is their ancestor.
the prophecy is true

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:53 am

Black confirmed it will be R rated and we have our first cast pic.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/g ... on-a149099

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:24 pm

OMG it's a Kriss Vector squee
the prophecy is true

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Shane loves his cute kid sidekicks doesn't he?

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck, I Frankenstein) has been added to the cast.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:49 pm

Cool official Poster
SPOILER: Show

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:56 pm

Thomas Jane revealed new plot details, does not seem to jive with the leaks.
In an interview with Shadow Nation, Jane revealed that he’ll be playing one of several war veterans headed to a VA hospital to get their meds. Things go pretty bad during their group therapy, as one of the characters has apparently been marked for death by a Predator. “We’re at the VA hospital and we’re in group therapy and of course, somebody flips out…he’s seen a UFO, he’s seen the Predator ships come down so they lock him up and throw him in with us lunatics.” The soldiers decide, in Jane’s words, “‘f–k that man, let’s go kill these fucking Predators ourselves’ and we’re just crazy enough to believe that this guy really did see a UFO and there’s these aliens out there.”

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu May 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Trailer is finally here. Looks decent, like the cast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPI9E-wNK8s
Hybrids confirmed (:|

Return to “Film and Video”