SEELE Logo Changes in Rebuild

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

SEELE Logo Changes in Rebuild

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:06 am

Hi,

I couldn't find a topic on the matter so I decided to make a new one on the SEELE Logo in the Rebuild series, particularly Q.
SPOILER: Show

One of the larger questions of the fans of the Rebuild series has to do with SEELE's logo changing. Why the change? When? What caused it? Etc.

I was browsing Reddit and came across this SEELE logo found in the medical facilities(?) in NGE's episode "Rei 3":
It's a much different logo than discussed, substituting the SEELE eyes for bars. The bars from what others have suggested can represent a couple of things:
  • Emission spectrums from chemical elements
  • DNA sequencing

The conclusion to draw is that this is not the first time SEELE(or NERV) has changed their logo to represent something not strongly identifiable.

However allow me to move 1 step further.

This is the only connection to the Artifical Evolution Lab SEELE Logo(which I pulled up from an old Evageeks article that I'll post at the bottom). As you can see some of the colors used in the analysis of the 4th Angel from NGE can be inconclusively assigned to the SEELE logo from NGE.

SEELE was established on a scientific basis, initially as an artificial evolution lab. The medical logo likely represents as stated - some sort of DNA sequencing or chemical emission. Some last thoughts and symbols that might play into this at the end of Q:
We all know that the Door of Guf was open. It was opened by Unit 13. There are strange lines radiating towards it. Perhaps the door needed to be held open so that SEELE could transfer spectrums into Guf. (I'm not a fookin' scientist, don't know what I'm talking about, but you get the point)

At the end of Eva Q, Shinji, Rei, and Asuka are seen walking away. Notice their trailing footsteps forms a double helix towards the end of the path. Perhaps this is a statement - that these 3 are the ones pushing forward and everyone else is stuck as a "failure of infinity," not able to move forward through time and evolution.

Thoughts?

*Evageeks article - Strange Seele logo and Spectrum Emission Analysis
https://forum.evageeks.org/post/858394/Strange-Seele-logo-and-Spectrum-Emission-Analysis/#858394

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”