FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:27 am

I'm sorry your mother passed away, imprimatur13.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:58 am

I'm so sorry for your loss imprimatur13.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:56 am

That's awful news. Take care, impri.

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:10 am

View Original Postimprimatur13 wrote:Hi, folks. I... don't know how to say this. I really don't...

My mother just passed away.

She was the best mother a person could ask for, and all I hope in life is to succeed her as a child. I honestly don't know what I'll do without her...

Needless to say, I'll be kind of inactive on EGF for a while. Don't know when/if I'll come back. I appreciate all of you: Your forum, and its archives/wiki, though you didn't know it, has helped me through these times. Thanks.

I'm so sorry for your loss, mate :(
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:14 am

View Original Postimprimatur13 wrote:Hi, folks. I... don't know how to say this. I really don't...

She was the best mother a person could ask for, and all I hope in life is to succeed her as a child. I honestly don't know what I'll do without her...

I'm really sorry to hear that, its not an easy thing to lose someone that as wonderful as that. So, do what's best for you right now, evageeks will still be here when you're ready to come back. May your pain and suffering fade with time, but her memory never be forgotten.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:32 pm

Condolences, imprimatur13. May she rest in peace.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:31 pm

I don't know what I ate, drank, or did last night to deserve this, but my brain feels like it's melting.

:dizzy:

Edit: my condolences impriatur.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Needless to say, I'll be kind of inactive on EGF for a while. Don't know when/if I'll come back. I appreciate all of you: Your forum, and its archives/wiki, though you didn't know it, has helped me through these times. Thanks.

I tried to post something earlier in the day but I didn't find the right words, and I still don't have them now. Just take your time, we'll wait for your comeback when you feel it's time to post again.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:14 pm

Indescribably sorry imprimatur13, will pray you find some peace.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:57 am

Thank you all, for your kind words. I know intellectually it'll just take time, but... it's SO hard. I have this hole inside of myself, that feels like it won't ever be filled.
I'm sure she'd be happy to know I read these.
Great community here, and I do hope to be back. I'll probably read through my subbed threads, though. It's a great distraction, to the extent that that sort of thing helps, anyway. Thanks again!
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:13 pm

This has hit the newswires already, so I'm not letting any secrets out when I say that there is a major restructuring going on at my place of work.

This time I'm actually one of the many people whose position is "at risk", which means that there are going to be a couple of months while all the legal process goes on, before I get shown the money and the door. That's a couple of months when I'm still supposed to be being productive -- just when the components I'd been working on for the past decade got handed to another team, without any new stuff being lined up yet, and morale all around will be lower than a snake's belly. What joy! :rolleyes:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Be positive! - that's two months you can do nothing in particular and still get paid.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Just found out a few days ago through a couple of BSOD that my computer's hard drive is failing, and a few other components are getting iffy. Thankfully nothing's been lost and I got everything onto one of my external drives. Still, dropping $1,200 on a new laptop was something I was hoping to avoid for a few more years, but at 7 1/2 years old, 8,204 power ups, and 736 odd days of uptime, it was going to happen eventually, I was just hoping it would hold off until Windows 7 was unsupported by Windows, cause I really like Windows 7.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:33 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Just found out a few days ago through a couple of BSOD that my computer's hard drive is failing, and a few other components are getting iffy. Thankfully nothing's been lost and I got everything onto one of my external drives. Still, dropping $1,200 on a new laptop was something I was hoping to avoid for a few more years, but at 7 1/2 years old, 8,204 power ups, and 736 odd days of uptime, it was going to happen eventually, I was just hoping it would hold off until Windows 7 was unsupported by Windows, cause I really like Windows 7.

That sucks I hope your brand new computer gets to you to soon I think its also worth buying an External Hard like a terabyte's size and backing up weekly as it means if you ever get this again all your main files are backed up and its just a case of copying over. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Midterm tomorrow and I am NOT prepared for it at all. Hope I get at least a C.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:31 pm

Ray wrote:Midterm tomorrow and I am NOT prepared for it at all. Hope I get at least a C.

I've done plenty of these, so just some friendly advice. Look over everything in the morning, stay calm, and you'll do fine. When you start to freak out is what will mess up your focus.

So, may the Force be with you.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Good luck, Ray. :highfive:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:16 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Midterm tomorrow and I am NOT prepared for it at all. Hope I get at least a C.

Good luck and hope you get the marks you want ^_^

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Did all I could do. I just hope it was enough. Doesn't make the feeling that I could have done more go away though.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:01 am

You can't change anything now so you should just try to let it go and relax.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”