From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Mainblag
Embryo

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby Mainblag » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:33 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:I was considering the possibility of Yui and Kyoko having been BFFs to the point where, when Gendo decides to get rid of Shinji, Fuyutsuki volunteers to get it done and calls Kyoko to ask her to take Shinji in.

Looking after two kids, one of whom is her deceased BFF's orphan, is what would be the reason why Kyoko goes an extra mile in making sure the contact experiment doesn't kill her. That said, neither Shinji nor Asuka is ever told how Yui died, nor that Shinji has the potential to be an Eva pilot himself. So Shinji grew up always thinking of himself as the "robot pilot hero's best friend who's not a pilot himself" character.

Thus when he suddenly gets chucked into Unit 01, Asuka is torn for a long time between feeling betrayed due to him muscling in on her domain in the world and feeling worried that he's not going to make it due to never having trained for this.

I really like this idea. It raises the implication of a new dynamic between the two.
Evangelion and Godzilla fan. Artist, Student, Writer.
Sachi's younger doppelganger.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:35 am

View Original PostMainblag wrote:I really like this idea. It raises the implication of a new dynamic between the two.

So do I and I like this idea because its means Shinji will need to learn German and he can have real conversations with Asuka in German and may also not get sliding doors as he grew up around the wooden opening ones with locks and may be so used to eating German food that Japanese food is weird to him. I think also that Kyoko and Yui as BBF's is an awesome idea and it does give Shinji a link to his mother as Kyoko can tell him stories and show him pictures and it means this Shinji might be more confident and open than in the series.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Eh, I don't really want Shinji to turn into a western audience surrogate. Hell, audience surrogate in general.

But if there's one cultural thing I can imagine Shinji having a problem with, it's that he might never have learned to read/write Japanese on the basis that since he's not an Eva pilot, he doesn't need it because he has no Japanese superiors. Spoken Japanese is okay because he already started on it by the time Yui died and thus had a head start when compared to Asuka who speaks it just fine.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:00 am

I'd like to see a scene like this in a fanfic. Shinji and Asuka were friends in Childhood before losing their parents, having their respective traumas. They meet each other again for the first time in years on the Ship in "Asuka Strikes".

:asuka_happy:

Asuka: "Shinji. Is that you?"

:shinji_blush:

Shinji: "Yes. It's me"

:asuka_geh:
Asuka: "AAAAAGH! (Slap)"

Then Shinji slips and falls overboard. Misato jumps in after him to save him from drowning. Afterwards Asuka gets a big lecture from Misato, and Touji and Kensuke ask
Touji: "Ikari! Why didn't ya tell us you knew a girl like her?"

Shinji: (wrapped in a blanket and sneezing from the cold ocean water)"I barely knew her for a year. "

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:24 am

Question. Would it be out of character for Keel to quote poetry?

Tennyson, to be exact.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:32 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Question. Would it be out of character for Keel to quote poetry?

Tennyson, to be exact.

No it wouldn't as to me he screams of being the kind of self righteous asshole who while he's having you tortured/shot or sexually assaulted/raped would quote poetry or the bible passages at you.
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:37 am

For context, he's having a private discussion with Yui and quotes Charge of the Light Brigade in response to Yui remarking that regardless of whether humans are worthy of having an Eva's power at their fingertips or not, they have no choice but to fight if they want to survive.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:57 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:For context, he's having a private discussion with Yui and quotes Charge of the Light Brigade in response to Yui remarking that regardless of whether humans are worthy of having an Eva's power at their fingertips or not, they have no choice but to fight if they want to survive.

Yeah that would fit and be in character. ^_^

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:14 pm

For what it's worth, I considered an alternate character interpretation for Keel where he's not actually interested in godlike power, only immortality to escape his failing body. Hence why he's going with Instrumentality - but if NERV or someone were to provide him with an alternative that works, he'd be perfectly willing to sell out the rest of SEELE and leave them to rot. After all, he got what he wanted, so why keep up the charade any longer?

Not to mention that the destruction of the world, either because something goes wrong with Instrumentality or SEELE and Gendo get so busy sabotaging each other that an Angel gets through, would mean Keel's death as well, ergo it is in his own interests too to help in SEELE's demise if he doesn't need Instrumentality anymore. Being primarily motivated by self-interest doesn't automatically exclude working towards a common good if it serves said self-interest, after all.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:22 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:For what it's worth, I considered an alternate character interpretation for Keel where he's not actually interested in godlike power, only immortality to escape his failing body. Hence why he's going with Instrumentality - but if NERV or someone were to provide him with an alternative that works, he'd be perfectly willing to sell out the rest of SEELE and leave them to rot. After all, he got what he wanted, so why keep up the charade any longer?

Not to mention that the destruction of the world, either because something goes wrong with Instrumentality or SEELE and Gendo get so busy sabotaging each other that an Angel gets through, would mean Keel's death as well, ergo it is in his own interests too to help in SEELE's demise if he doesn't need Instrumentality anymore. Being primarily motivated by self-interest doesn't automatically exclude working towards a common good if it serves said self-interest, after all.

That sounds fascinating as I've never read nice guy Keel before, you could play on the fact that half his body is cyborg which they sort of implied in EOE but unlike that have it that he has some really awful illness that it causing him real intense pain as it messes with the cyborg elements and don't work right or his body is starting to reject them causing him more pain so the reader will just feel kind of sorry for him and understand why he is doing what he doing and imply that the rest of Seele treat him like crap and have zero respect for him as they don't see him as worthy any more due to his illness and just want full control.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:42 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Question. Would it be out of character for Keel to quote poetry?

Tennyson, to be exact.

Old Robocop is so sparsely characterized that you're free to do pretty much anything with him.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:14 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Old Robocop

...that's a new one.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:31 pm

I'd like to see an Evangelion/My Hero Academia fusion fic.

Where the Eva cast are characters in the story and have Superpowers and their stories affect the ongoing story of the Manga.

Shinji has Forcefield powers. Reflecting his withdrawn nature.

Asuka has fire powers and gets into fights with Bakugo.

Rei either has Ice powers or some sort of body horror themes superpower.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:18 am

I wonder how second try would work out if Shinji and Asuka didn't time travel back. and instead after they had dealt with the majority of their problems, had Aki, and created a life for themselves. People started coming back from the Red Sea (ala Creative Principle).

How would Shinji and Asuka deal with that? Would they try and shield who they used to be from those coming back? Would Asuka be afraid that when the governments do get re-organized that they'll come after them and take Aki away? Would Shinji's old insecurities about disappointing other people come back to haunt him when there are people other than his wife and daughter around?

Then Misato finally comes back after years, only to find Shinji and Asuka similar to her age when she got pulled into instrumentality with a kid? That's going to dramatically shift the dynamics of their relationship.

Edit: put the wrong names in the wrong places because I was tired as hell.
Last edited by Ray on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asukaner117
Adam

Postby Asukaner117 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:34 pm

I'd like to read a post Third Impact Fic where Shinji and Asuka are some kind of head of state figures. or just really powerful politicians. not just outcast or runaways but people how actually shape the world, that would be a nice change of things
God's in his heaven all's right with the world

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:09 am

At the end of my fic Misato and Kaji are running the organisation ("Hoffnung") that is reconstructing the world, and Asuka has a prominent role in it; however, Shinji has chosen to become a teacher in a remote community, somewhat as a penance. But having set this up, that's the end of my story - so feel free to continue it!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Cosmo11
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Cosmo11 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:03 am

How well would a crossover between NGE and His Dark Materials work?

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby imprimatur13 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:10 pm

View Original PostAsukaner117 wrote:I'd like to read a post Third Impact Fic where Shinji and Asuka are some kind of head of state figures. or just really powerful politicians. not just outcast or runaways but people how actually shape the world, that would be a nice change of things

I am actually writing one like that (release date: Real Soon Now(TM)). Don't want to give away anything, but I agree completely.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

Asukaner117
Adam

Postby Asukaner117 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:39 pm

View Original Postimprimatur13 wrote:I am actually writing one like that (release date: Real Soon Now(TM)). Don't want to give away anything, but I agree completely.

nice, I'm looking forward to read and review your fic!
God's in his heaven all's right with the world

Asuka'sBigBrother
Banned

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:23 pm

Aight, I'm pulling up with some sh!t:
post/869009/E ... cy/#869009

Basically this is going to be a sequel that directly picks up from the ending of EOE. There's going to be mechas, mental sh!t, funny stuff, pen-pen, the word "Baka". All you need for a potentially tolerable sequel.

I'd appreciate peeps giving it a read. And maybe commenting something so I don't go over the word count as I refrain from double posting.
Just a big bro looking out for sistah

Mess with this crew, and I'll give you a blister

Return to “Fanfiction”