[Music] The Grand Music Discussion Thread [3]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Guy Nacks
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: [Music] The Grand Music Discussion Thread [3]

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:24 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:After a long delay at the mail due to hurricane holdup, i finally got Symphonic Suite Akira by Geinoh Yamashirogumi CD.

Of the shorter songs, my favorite is Dolls' Polyphony with it's acapella rhythm spliced with a bit of keyboard. From the longer options, Tetsuo and Shohmyoh rank very high.

I often think that it's one of the greatest missed opportunities in cinema that no other filmmaker ever enlisted them to create a soundtrack. Unless Shoji Yamashiro just doesn't feel like doing another one. Either way, it's immensely unfortunate.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”