A small detail in Episode 21's flashback

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
MoonLonginus
Embryo

A small detail in Episode 21's flashback

•      
  •      

Postby MoonLonginus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:32 am

During a rewatch (namely, ep. 21) I came across a bit of dialogue which I could not really figure out (and had not noticed before).
During the discussion between Gendo and Keel at the beginning, when they're criticizing the scientists' attitude towards their research, Keel slips in the sentence "'God' is not that lofty of an issue".
I really can't make out what he meant. Was he referring to God, as in religious God? Was he talking about Adam? About Instrumentality? What has it got to do with the rest of the discussion about scientists? :???:
And how is God "not that lofty of an issue" in his view, considering Seele's project can be boiled down to one giant physical albino god?

whisperwind777
Embryo

Re: A small detail in Episode 21's flashback

•      
  •      

Postby whisperwind777 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:27 am

Possibly a translation issue. I use a subtitle which translates it to: 'They are not so noble.' Here 'they' refers to the scientists, not God.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”