What are the "Adams"?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

anonymaus
Adam

Re: First official image of "New Unit 2"

•      
  •      

Postby anonymaus » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:49 pm

Don't think that chalk outline has anything to do with adams, it's still around after 01 is completed? Eva assembly is a years long process. Doesn't make sense.
Lilith is still missing her legs so something big was budded off from her, don't know what it can be besides 01.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:18 pm

We know the Adam on the moon was shot up there from 2I's epicenter in a geyser of blood. They were scattered all over and landed in random places. There is no better explanation for the chalk outline currently. Whether or not the outline is related to Unit 01 is another matter, but what else would it be? Unit 00?
"Chaos is merely a human construct. The world only knows its own natural law of harmony and order."
"So you are saying it's the human heart that throws the world into confusion."

anonymaus
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby anonymaus » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:58 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:We know the Adam on the moon was shot up there from 2I's epicenter in a geysor of blood. They were scattered all over and landed in random places. There is no better explanation for the chalk outline currently. Whether or not the outline is related to Unit 01 is another matter, but what else would it be? Unit 00?

The outline doesn't even really resemble the adams, I would buy the MP eva theory before the adam theory based on shape.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:13 pm

This looks just like this. The blood stain from the geyser is even there in that first image.
"Chaos is merely a human construct. The world only knows its own natural law of harmony and order."

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:10 am

That’s the thing about the Adams; they have no unique shape to them. Eva 01 or 00 can (and in the case of 01, has) left a unique imprint on the Earth’s surface when flattened against it. Adams are just giant, generic, humanoid-ish shaped creatures. There’s nothing unique about them without armor of some kind.

silvermoonlight
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:10 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:That’s the thing about the Adams; they have no unique shape to them. Eva 01 or 00 can (and in the case of 01, has) left a unique imprint on the Earth’s surface when flattened against it. Adams are just giant, generic, humanoid-ish shaped creatures. There’s nothing unique about them without armor of some kind.

That's why I think its all about the piolt hence any one piolt could cause an impact event though I get that unit 01 is unique in the series and possibly rebuild, it doesn't mean its the only walking god in armour with the potential to destroy.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

anonymaus
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby anonymaus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:27 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:This looks just like this. The blood stain from the geyser is even there in that first image.

Doesn't look remotely the same besides being humanoid, the head/neck is way too long. MP evas have the correct neck/head length.

More importantly: the adam on the moon (if it is an adam, anyway) has its arms down to its sides. They weren't re-arranged that way, the ground to its sides isn't excavated in such a way that the arms could have been extended originally.
Conversely the chalk figure's arms are outstretched as if crucified, just like the MP evas at the finale of EoE. Why would one adam land in perfect crucified pose, and the other would land with its arms at its sides?
It's almost certainly not the same kind of thing as what's found on the moon.

Arcadia's legacy
Lilin
Lilin

Re: What are the "Adams"?

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:59 pm

Even though an MP Eva would make even less sense. If 3I from EoE and 2I are supposed to be one in the same, why is it one had a beginning, middle, and end over Hakone, while the other appears to still be going, if only paused, with a giant rainbow portal over Antarctica. There's also Misato, since we see die her at Nerv as an adult for EoE's 3I while we see a flashback to Ha's 2I were she's a child in Antarctica witnessing four giants of light with Ultraman symbols for cores and fountain-like wings
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come

anonymaus
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby anonymaus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:37 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:Even though an MP Eva would make even less sense. If 3I from EoE and 2I are supposed to be one in the same, why is it one had a beginning, middle, and end over Hakone, while the other appears to still be going, if only paused, with a giant rainbow portal over Antarctica. There's also Misato, since we see die her at Nerv as an adult for EoE's 3I while we see a flashback to Ha's 2I were she's a child in Antarctica witnessing four giants of light with Ultraman symbols for cores and fountain-like wings

I don't ever remember writing anything about third impact or any impact at all.
I just wrote that the chalk outline is clearly not an adam, and more possibly an MP eva.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:39 pm

But MP Evas don't exist in Rebuild, at least not the same ones from EoE. We got a teaser for a very different type of MP Eva in the teaser for 3.0+1.0. Why would an MP Eva be there at the beginning of 1.0?

EDIT: sequel theory tangent continues here: post/867572/Sequel-theory-once-again/#867572

Archangel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Archangel » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:36 am

I thought "the Adam on the moon" was Eva Mk06; which then turned out to be the 12th Angel in 3.0.

Both the "Mk Evas" appear to be other entities repurposed into Evas; Mk06 was made from the 12th angel and Mk09 was made from the Wunder's core... and is also an Adams Vessel. What ever that is.

Wunder looks like it's built from an Angel too (the Rebuild equivelent of Gaghiel perhaps?).

Aren't the Adams seperate eneties to the Angels? Since Unit 13 is something called a "Stragler Adam" and has no AT field. Now, is it the 5th Adam that wasn't there during Second Impact or is it a "stragler" because it hasn't gone to where-ever the other 3 Adams went after Second Impact?

I dunno...

I haven't the faintest clue what the Adams are, but I'm hopeful for some form if explaination in 3.0+1.0.

As for the "chalk" outline, might that be were Lilith was originally found?

When compared to the sky-scrapers right next to it, It looks too big to be a massed produced Eva from EoE; plus didn't they all turn to stone? Who chipped away at the MP Eva statue to get rid of it but left it's outline? Why'd they bother doing that but left the rest of the city in ruins? And why is it laying on a patch of ground that has turned into core material. Why didn't we see any of the ground around Tokyo3 turn into core material in EoE?

For all it's similarities there are many more abnormalities.
In a world of order, chaos rules.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:09 am

View Original PostArchangel wrote:I thought "the Adam on the moon" was Eva Mk06; which then turned out to be the 12th Angel in 3.0.

Both the "Mk Evas" appear to be other entities repurposed into Evas

Exactly. The Adams are what were repurposed into Evas. Unit 13 is explicitly stated as such. The Mark 06 is heavily implied to be one in the films (different construction method, referred to as the "true" eva), and all but confirmed by the storyboards showing the blood geyser shooting to the moon from Antarctica. The chalk outline fits the profile of an Adam shot from a blood geyser (blood stained soil surrounding the crator). Mark 09 is referred to as a vessel of Adam (whatever that means).

This hasn't been mentioned recently in this thread, but another bit of support for Unit 01 being an Adam are the wings it displays during 2.0. Misato draws a direct correlation to the wings of the Adams during Second Impact.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”