[TV] BoJack Horseman

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

TheCarkolum
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: [TV] BoJack Horseman

•      
  •      

Postby TheCarkolum » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:53 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Oh Season 4 is very needed. The story of BoJack is far from over.

That depends on how you wanna conclude the series. I think if you wanna finish with Bojack running away to the wilderness, escaping from his past and his relatives after "committing" suicide, It's fine. I mean, his interactions with the other characters seems pretty concluded (the cat has forgotten Bojack, the bum realised that Bojack's friendship is not worth it,
SPOILER: Show
Sarah Lynn is freaking DEAD
...). It would be a pretty accurate final to the series. Maybe we don't know the entire resolution of Bojack's life, but... so what? It doesn't mean the concusion would be bad. Trying to explain everything that happened in a series is a risk sometimes. You know, this season's final was almost perfect. With any season, you take the risk of putting the series into a decline. Honestly, if no seasons were running anymore, I wouldn't complain too much.
“The tragedy of growing old is not that one is old but that one is young.” - Oscar Wilde

"Remember kids, a smart man knows when it's time to RUN LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!!"

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:13 am

New BoJack episodes tomorrow! Get hype!

I think I only watched the third season once, so I'm probably going to marathon that today -- need the beautiful sorrow to be fresh in my mind.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:15 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:New BoJack episodes tomorrow! Get hype!

I think I only watched the third season once, so I'm probably going to marathon that today -- need the beautiful sorrow to be fresh in my mind.

I bought a bottle of Bourbon for my marathon tomorrow to get in the right mind as well.

-edit-

Just finished season 4! Yes I stayed up all night to marathon it! I did not end up drinking and they did a great job again the story is not going in the direction I thought it would at all. I have some issues this season but it's mostly relegated to quick b plots I found annoying in the larger scheme of things. I'm just sad I need to wait another year for another night like this!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:07 pm

Season 4 is a delight!

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:45 am

Finally plowed through Season 4 last night and it was great. Certainly much different than expected, but in a welcome way. In true Bojack style, the season steps up the emotionality around ep 4 or 5 and is relentless until the end. A lot of surreal trippiness and existentialism toward the end that gives serious Eva vibes. I love how this show approaches uncomfortable subject matter and harsh truths. There is optimism to be found with the ending though, which is nice.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:17 pm

Picked it up at the start of the weeks and I've just finished Season 3.

What a show. It's just fantastic. A lot of people described it to me as depressing but I don't see that. I see intensely flawed characters, and a damaged main character. The end of season 3 really touched me. It got me thinking if BJ would just be happier
SPOILER: Show
running off into the wild.

It really made me reflect a little on my own ambition in life. What a great show.
Leave Shinji alone

ShonHam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShonHam » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:39 am

Season 5 has obviously been out for a long while now, and much like the other seasons it's a bit of a rollercoaster. The creator's initial idea with BH of life being a neverending series of highs and lows is really personified with Bojack this season. Many after the emotional moment at Season 4's finale were expecting a massive turnaround, but it was "nice" to see that the writers want it to be known that it's never as easy as one singular moment of purpose. I respect the realism in this show's depiction of mental health and the repercussions of it, I love this show to pieces and can only hope Season 6 rolls around soon.
I do love me some Rei guns.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:15 pm

BoJack Horseman is over, and everything is worse now.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Film and Video”